Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Group Rides and Local Events

Old August 19th, 2012, 12:24 AM   #1961
zion757
ninjette.org member

Name: willie

Motorcycle(s): 2012 ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaregamer476 View Post
I believe i seen you last week at the dyno show thing. I was getting my safety check renewed (black 250) I didn't stick around too long. had to resist the bikes. Was getting comfortable sitting on many bikes...
i seen a bike near the entrance, i waited to see who was going to get on it but as soon as i go up stairs and come back down the bike was gone. Everyone couldn't believe that the bike sound so good.

Old August 19th, 2012, 03:02 AM   #1962
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

Name: Jaymie

Motorcycle(s): 1974 Honda CB550K0 W.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenji_808 View Post
ride to giovannis shrimp truck in kahuku, meet at 915 mililani walmart
bumping on to the next page.

Old August 19th, 2012, 11:49 PM   #1963
Kstorm21
ninjette.org sage

Name: Katherine

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
Anyone thinking about getting a 2013 Ninja 250?

I definitely am. I might have to set aside some money for a down payment or buy it outright when I get a job. Frustrating though because I want to finish my damn bike already >:|
I am...I really like the colors they have...well the colors for Indonesia. I'm still torn between getting a 08-12 or a 13. I like the upgrades to it but I'm not a huge fan of the new farrings. I guess that's the only thing I don't like about it. What I really like about the older ones is the price. If it's true that the new ones will be $5600, you gotta add another 2k and that's just too much money for me. Saw a couple on CL lately that I really like for $3500. Maybe I'll have to see it in person.
Kstorm21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 20th, 2012, 12:18 AM   #1964
imataiwanezz
ninjette.org guru

Name: Noah

Motorcycle(s): 07 R1

Kat I've seen a couple going for around 3.5-4k lately

Old August 20th, 2012, 12:32 AM   #1965
Kstorm21
ninjette.org sage

Yeah, I thought I had him (the hubby) today with one. I actually took my phone to look at it. That never happens. Still waiting.

Old August 21st, 2012, 05:17 AM   #1966
rz3r0
ninjette.org member

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 09 Kawasaki Ninja 250R(Sold), 11 Honda Ruckus, 12 Ducati Monster 696 ABS

Why can't Kawasaki start importing the 400R
rz3r0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 26th, 2012, 11:57 PM   #1967
Galaxieman
ninjette.org member

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2009 Concours 14

On island

Hey guys, made it to the island, and am getting settled in at work. Household goods shipment still hasn't gotten here yet, so the bikes are still somewhere in the Pacific, hopefully they'll be here in a couple of weeks. Just thought I'd come up on the net and mention that I made it. Based on the speed limits here, I can definitely see the Ninjette getting ridden a lot. Also, because the post here isn't all retarded about putting reflective belts on your backpack, it'll make that part of the commute easier.

Old August 27th, 2012, 12:07 AM   #1968
Bushido
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R

WATCH for POTHOLES

If this is your first time in Oahu, watch for potholes as you ride. There are a lot & they're deep enough to bump your butt off your seat. That would be the advised from me my Friend! Ride safely
Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2012, 12:24 AM   #1969
kenji_808
ninjette.org member

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 CT Blue 250R(Sold), 2008 Black & Silver Honda CBR600RR(Current)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxieman View Post
Hey guys, made it to the island, and am getting settled in at work. Household goods shipment still hasn't gotten here yet, so the bikes are still somewhere in the Pacific, hopefully they'll be here in a couple of weeks. Just thought I'd come up on the net and mention that I made it. Based on the speed limits here, I can definitely see the Ninjette getting ridden a lot. Also, because the post here isn't all retarded about putting reflective belts on your backpack, it'll make that part of the commute easier.
Just recently USAG-HI went really relaxed on the whole reflective wear for riding. You dont even need to wear "pt belts" for PT in the morning.

its not really the speed limits thats the limitations, since majority of the cars/bikes on the road go about 5-10 mph over the posted speed limit. The distance you have to travel to go places, average round trip anywhere is about 35-45 miles tops unless you plan on going around the WHOLE island
kenji_808 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2012, 12:45 AM   #1970
Galaxieman
ninjette.org member

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2009 Concours 14

Quote:
Just recently USAG-HI went really relaxed on the whole reflective wear for riding. You dont even need to wear "pt belts" for PT in the morning.

its not really the speed limits thats the limitations, since majority of the cars/bikes on the road go about 5-10 mph over the posted speed limit. The distance you have to travel to go places, average round trip anywhere is about 35-45 miles tops unless you plan on going around the WHOLE island
The USAG-HI folks finally came online with the revised AR 385-10 revisions from last year... Retro-reflective gear is highly encouraged, but no longer required. As far as the retarded 'PT-belt' thing, the 25th ID CG and CSM are both anti-stupidity, and when the road is already blocked to vehicle traffic... it doesn't make any sense to add a reflective belt. I'm already really glad to be here and away from a TRADOC post...

Old August 27th, 2012, 12:52 AM   #1971
kenji_808
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): 2009 CT Blue 250R(Sold), 2008 Black & Silver Honda CBR600RR(Current)

its not anti-stupidity when soldiers are running on a road thats not closed to traffic.

Not a single road on wheeler is closed to vehicle traffic for the purpose of PT in morning. Cant say that about schofield since I never go there unless I have to.

I just thought a reflective pt belt was part of the uniform, since thats whats been ingrained into our heads since basic.

Old August 27th, 2012, 02:33 PM   #1972
imataiwanezz
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxieman View Post
Yea every base on island is like that now except Hickam, their airmen still have to and although their base CO put out saying that Marines don't fall under their rules the gate guards will still try to argue it with me. Hopefully they get their heads out of ass soon. Pearl is usually relaxed about it once I mention I'm a Marine and don't fall under their orders regarding the glow belt. Stay posted about track days as well right now they are DoD only we still in the process of trying to get them opened up to everyone. I heard mixed things about the Army bases not putting word out about it.

Quote:
Not a single road on wheeler is closed to vehicle traffic for the purpose of PT in morning. Cant say that about schofield since I never go there unless I have to.
I haven't ever heard of any roads being closed for PT. We run our PFT right along with morning traffic, smog is great when you running 3 miles for time x.x lol.
Speaking of track day (above) Justin did you hear any word about it from your side? A few soliders I talked to said they didnt hear anything about it. Trying to make sure it gets around to everyone.

Old August 27th, 2012, 04:15 PM   #1973
kenji_808
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imataiwanezz View Post
Yea every base on island is like that now except Hickam, their airmen still have to and although their base CO put out saying that Marines don't fall under their rules the gate guards will still try to argue it with me. Hopefully they get their heads out of ass soon. Pearl is usually relaxed about it once I mention I'm a Marine and don't fall under their orders regarding the glow belt. Stay posted about track days as well right now they are DoD only we still in the process of trying to get them opened up to everyone. I heard mixed things about the Army bases not putting word out about it.

I haven't ever heard of any roads being closed for PT. We run our PFT right along with morning traffic, smog is great when you running 3 miles for time x.x lol.
Speaking of track day (above) Justin did you hear any word about it from your side? A few soliders I talked to said they didnt hear anything about it. Trying to make sure it gets around to everyone.
Nope, Being in the guard is like a whole seperate world from active duty. Even though we're on the same airfield

Old August 27th, 2012, 05:25 PM   #1974
ungluck
sleeper

Name: chris

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '10 690 duke

gotta protect the POG's, ****, it's shameful how corporate the army has become, and how hogh the percetnage of idiots is. i say keep the safety gear, horrible drivers vs stupid people. neither paying attention.

Old August 28th, 2012, 12:50 AM   #1975
imataiwanezz
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Nope, Being in the guard is like a whole seperate world from active duty. Even though we're on the same airfield
Aight thanks I'll try and get them to pass the word to you guys or pass it to you next time I hear about one.

Old August 29th, 2012, 02:55 AM   #1976
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

Alright guys, Labor Day is coming up real soon, any rides planned?

Old August 29th, 2012, 11:47 AM   #1977
Kstorm21
ninjette.org sage

So yesterday my husband was telling one of his soldiers that I was getting a Ninja 250.

He said, "So she wants a moped. 250cc is considered a moped. A 600 is considered the perfect starter bike."

I told my husband...well he's an idiot and probably went out and bought a 1000 or 1400 cause he has a little d***.

That was the end of that discussion.

Old August 29th, 2012, 06:03 PM   #1978
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

I'm not sure what he was smoking, but in NO country is 250cc classified as a "moped."

Most countries classify no more than 50cc, and no more than 50km/h (~30mph) as a moped.

He's just another one of those small-dick hurr durr I'm invincible people.

Old August 29th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #1979
Kstorm21
ninjette.org sage

^^agree!!!

Old August 29th, 2012, 11:30 PM   #1980
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

Quote:
Bumping.

Old August 31st, 2012, 04:02 PM   #1981
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

Quote:
Bumping.

Old August 31st, 2012, 09:06 PM   #1982
Gorilla25
Dakine...

Name: AJ

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R (Sold) | 636 (hopefully soon)

there is a ride...not sure where they gonna meet though...anywho, i won't be able to go this time my lil bro is visiting before he flys back to the mainland for school.

Old September 1st, 2012, 08:33 PM   #1983
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

I'm over it already. Did a bunch of solo riding and I'm exhausted. Still have more things to do this weekend as well.

Anyone with a truck or trailer feel like helping me pick up a non-runner? For compensation, of course.

Old September 2nd, 2012, 01:06 PM   #1984
ungluck
sleeper

this group is more flaky than it was a couple years ago. all the good riders/members barely come on at all, and you don't see em out as much. probably a good thing.

Old September 2nd, 2012, 01:57 PM   #1985
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

I'm still here T_T

Old September 3rd, 2012, 04:16 PM   #1986
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

Quote:
Anyone with a truck or trailer feel like helping me pick up a non-runner? For compensation, of course.
Anyone?

Someone mentioned they had a rear stand some time ago, who was that?

Old September 13th, 2012, 01:00 PM   #1987
ungluck
sleeper

2013 Kawasaki Ninja

Since its inception on the motorcycle market in 1983, the Kawasaki Ninja 250 has dominated the entry-level sportbike category.

The bike remained relatively unchanged until a major revision in 2008, which added modern sportbike styling and the additional "R" added to the name across all world-wide markets.

But as more and more competition arrived from other manufacturers, such as Honda and its CBR 250 R, Kawasaki decided it was time for a complete overhaul of its Ninja 250.

The outcome? The 2013 Ninja 300, the big arriving as Kawasaki celebrates the 30th anniversary of the quarter-liter sportbike.

This new motorcycle features all of the entry-level specifics of the Ninja 250 R - lightweight, agility, optimal fuel mileage - but with bigger displacement (296cc vs. 249cc), digital fuel injection, a new F.C.C. clutch with assist and slipper functions, and an option for ABS. The ABS adds $700 to the Ninja 300's base price of $4,799.

The all-new 296cc liquid-cooled, parallel twin is tuned for smooth power delivery, and enhanced with the new digital fuel injection (DFI) system that "provides improved cold starting, crisper throttle response and better fuel economy than last year's bike."

Kawasaki says: "This new engine has nearly 50-percent of its parts upgraded from the previous model. In addition to its new long-stroke 296cc displacement, other engine upgrades include: new intake ports that taper from 1mm wider at the throttle body to .5mm wider at the valve seat, new 23.6mm intake valves that are 1mm larger than last year, a new cam chain that offers reduced friction, a revised 10.6:1 compression ratio that allows the use of regular gasoline and lowers operating temperatures, and new lighter pistons that feature a hard anodized coating for reduced friction and increased performance at all rpms.

"The underside of the pistons was also revised to more efficiently route cooling oil across their surface. Further highlighting changes for this model, it features new, lighter piston pins to further reduce reciprocating weight and help preserve a high redline, new shorter connecting rods to offset new longer crank throws, and new sleeveless 'open-deck' die-cast aluminum cylinders that are 800 grams lighter and feature a friction-reducing 'T-treatment' plating.

"Additional improvements include new thicker crankshaft balancer webs to offset the new longer crank throws, new crank journal bearings made from a stronger alloy for increased durability, new crank cases that feature improved oil passages, a new large-volume 2.4 liter oil pan with cooling fins and more ground clearance than the previous model. Topping-off the changes, a new easy-to-access cartridge type spin-on oil filter helps simplify maintenance."

With the new engine arrives a revised, six-speed transmission with thicker gears for the added torque. Also new is the F.C.C. clutch, which features assist and slipper functions.

Kawasaki says:" This new clutch reduces lever effort by up to 25%, while increasing the clutch's ability to handle the extra torque generated by the 300's more powerful engine. The new clutch's slipper design also helps reduce rear wheel-hop that can be caused by aggressive downshifting."

The 2013 Ninja 300 arrives with a revised frame that uses high-tensile steel main tubes, which Kawasaki claims provides 150 percent more rigidity than last year's 250R model. Though rigidity is better for handling, Kawasaki made sure the smoothness remains by designing new rubber front engine mounts.

As for suspension, the 300 features a 37mm telescopic front fork up front, with Uni-Trak rear suspension linkage out back with a rear shock that has a five-way adjustable preload to manage rider height based on load (passenger or no passenger). The chassis rolls on 17-inch, 10-spoke wheels (140/70 tire out back, 110/70 tire up front).

Stopping the Ninja 300 is a single 290mm petal-type disc squeezed by a two-piston hydraulic caliper up front, and a 220mm petal-type disc squeezed by a two-piston hydraulic caliper out back. Optional is the Nissin ABS system, which uses the "smallest ABS unit of any production motorcycle in the world." The ABS is only offered in Lime Green / Ebony with Special Edition Graphics.

The Ninja 300 also features more aggressive bodywork for better heat management and aerodynamics, and a new "floating windscreen design" that minimizes buffeting. Also new is an easy-to-read instrument panelt with analog tachometer and digital multifunction display with speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, fuel gauge, and digital clock functions. The instrument panel also incorporates an economical riding indicator (ECO) that "illuminates to alert riders when they are operating the Ninja 300 in a manner that will maximize fuel economy. "

Following are the highlights, specs, color options and MSRP for the 2013 Ninja 300.

2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300 Highlights:

Key Features:

296cc liquid-cooled, parallel-twin design offers far superior highway passing power and clearly dominant acceleration compared to other lightweight sportbikes
New ABS brakes fitted for the first time on a lightweight Ninja sportbike
New Digital Fuel Injection (DFI) system uses dual 32mm throttle bodies and provides both improved fuel economy and cleaner emissions compared to last year's 250
New F.C.C. clutch with assist and slipper functions provides more power handling capability with significantly less effort. Design also makes clutch easier to modulate and helps reduce the effect of back-torque to reduce wheel hop when downshifting
All-new bodywork features an aggressive and edgy design with strong Ninja family DNA that sets the Ninja 300 apart from its lightweight sportbike competitors
New frame uses high-tensile steel main tubes that are 150% more rigid and provide superior feel and agility compared to last year's 250
New 10-spoke 17-inch wheels look great and the rear rim has grown ½" wider, allowing the use of a larger 140-section rear tire for 2013
Revised six-speed transmission features a new roller-type shift drum for smoother actuation and stronger gears for maximum durability. It also offers wide selection of ratios to match varied riding conditions and its positive neutral finder makes it much easier to find neutral when stopped
Kawasaki Air Management System (KAMS) uses a special deflector to channel hot air from the back of the radiator, so that it exits the bottom of the motorcycle, instead of being blown onto the rider
Low 30.9-inch seat height and tapered seat boosts confidence for smaller riders
New 296cc Engine:

Compact parallel-twin design offers good mass centralization for nimble handling
Tuned to deliver smooth, step-free power with excellent mid-range and high-rpm power for effective highway performance
New intake ports taper from 1mm wider at the throttle body to .5mm wider at the valve seats
New 23.6mm intake valves are 1mm larger than last year
New cam chain design reduces friction for increased power and efficiency
Revised 10.6:1 compression ratio allows the use of regular 87-octane unleaded gasoline and helps reduce operating temperatures
New lighter pistons reduce reciprocating weight and feature a hard anodized coating for reduced friction and increased performance at every rpm
Revised piston bottoms efficiently route cooling oil across underside of piston
New lighter piston pins reduce reciprocating weight and help preserve a high redline
New shorter connecting rods offset new longer crank throws
New sleeveless "open-deck" die-cast aluminum cylinders are 800 grams lighter and feature a friction-reducing "T-treatment" plating
New thicker crankshaft balancer webs help offset the new longer crank throws
New crank journal bearings are made from a stronger alloy for increased durability
New crank cases feature improved oil passages
New large-volume 2.4 liter oil pan features cooling fins and better ground clearance
New easy-to-access cartridge type spin-on oil filter helps simplify maintenance
New Exhaust System:

New curved 2-into-1 header design contributes to the Ninja 300's low- and mid-range torque and smooth, step-free power curve
New complex geometry silencer design offers modern styling and meets all regulations without compromising engine performance
New large brushed-finish metal silencer guard boosts noise reduction and helps protect passenger from exhaust heat
Meets strict Euro 3 emission standards with a single catalyzer in the collector section
Liquid Cooling with KAMS:

Kawasaki Air Management System (KAMS) uses a special deflector to redirect hot air from the radiator fan, so it exits the bottom of the motorcycle instead of being blown onto the rider
Lightweight Denso radiator offers effective engine cooling with minimal space and weight
Fan design uses a quiet-running motor that also saves space
Fins on the lower side of the crankcase provide additional engine cooling
Six-speed Transmission with New F.C.C. Assist Clutch:

New F.C.C. clutch with assist and slipper functions is able to handle more power and requires significantly less lever effort to operate. Design also makes clutch easier to modulate and helps reduce the effect of back-torque to reduce wheel hop when downshifting
Revised six-speed transmission features a new roller-type shift drum for smoother actuation and stronger gears for maximum durability. It also offers wide selection of ratios to match varied riding conditions and its positive neutral finder makes it much easier to find neutral when stopped
Involute splines reduce friction and backlash between gears and shafts for easier gear meshing and smooth shifting under power
Digital Fuel Injection (DFI):

Dual 32mm Keihin throttle bodies and a digital ECU offer easy starting, superior throttle response, and help provide low fuel consumption
DFI makes the Ninja 300 cleaner and more fuel efficient than last year's 250, even though it now makes significantly more power
New ABS Disc Brakes with Petal-type Rotors:

New ABS brakes feature the world's smallest production motorcycle ABS unit. Made by Nissin, the entire antilock system adds less than 4.5 lbs.
Large-diameter, 290mm front petal disc and a balanced action two-piston caliper offer excellent braking performance and a natural, direct feeling at the lever
Two-piston caliper grips the rear 220mm petal disc
New Chassis:

New frame uses main pipes made from high-tensile steel tubing that is 150% more rigid than the tubes in the previous Ninja 250R's frame. The added rigidity provides much better chassis response and improved steering precision and feel
Frame design and chassis tuning offer confidence-inspiring stability at both high and low speeds
Beefy swingarm bracket contributes to the frame's rigidity and helps achieve an optimal balance of chassis stiffness
Square-beam swingarm compliments the new frame's rigidity
Updated Suspension:

Revised tuning on the 37mm telescopic front fork compliments the new more rigid frame and wider rear tire
Uni-Trak rear suspension linkage helps provide predictable sportbike handling and good ride comfort
Rear shock features 5-way adjustable preload to help manage rear ride height whether riding solo or with a passenger
New Wheels & Tires:

New 17-inch 10-spoke wheel design has a more modern appearance
New 4" wide rear rim is ½" wider than the old Ninja 250R's back wheel
New rear tire is 10mm wider than the tire on last year's Ninja 250R, for increased stability and improved sportbike handling
New IRC RX-01R tires were developed in conjunction with Kawasaki and are a perfect match for the improved dynamics of the 2013 Ninja 300. They also provide better wet weather performance than the Ninja 250R's tires
New High-Tech Instrumentation:

Large easy-to-read analog tachometer
Multifunction digital display features an easy-to-read speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, fuel gauge, digital clock and warning lights
Economical riding indicator (ECO) illuminates to let the rider know when they are operating the Ninja 300 in a manner that will maximize fuel economy
New Aerodynamic Bodywork:

All-new bodywork features an aggressive and edgy design with strong Ninja family DNA that sets the Ninja 300 apart from its lightweight sportbike competitors
New floating windscreen design helps reduce turbulence and rider fatigue
Aggressive dual-lamp headlight design, minimalist tail section and separate seats further enhance this sportbike's aggressive appearance
Two helmet holders conveniently located under the rear seat
New two-stage under-seat storage compartment can hold a U-lock or similar device and is hinged for easy access to the tool kit located beneath the storage tray
Two hooks under the tail, plus two behind the rear passenger pegs provide anchor points for securing items to the rear of the bike
Ergonomics:

New rider's seat design is narrower near its front section, making it easier for riders to reach the ground
New passenger seat features a flatter design which makes it easier to secure cargo or soft luggage
Slightly forward-slanting seat and wide, slightly raised handlebars give the Ninja 300 a naturally comfortable riding position
New Genuine Kawasaki Accessories:

All accessories designed and engineered by Kawasaki
New Color Matched Seat Cowl is factory designed with integrated styling cues and molded pad perfectly color matched to your Ninja 300
New Tank Bag and Soft Top Case custom designed tank bag made exclusively for the Ninja 300. Can be installed or removed quickly, multiple storage areas for your gear expandable for carrying larger items
New "Tall" Windscreen factory designed for easy installation 3" taller bubble design adds wind protection. Features an optically correct 3-D curvature
New Fuel Tank Pad features matching graphics and helps protect the paint on the fuel tank. A touch of personalization to enhance its sportbike styling
New Engine Guards factory designed for easy installation helps reduce the possibility of bodywork damage in case of tip over
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300 Specs:

Engine: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, parallel twin
Displacement: 296cc
Bore x stroke: 62.0 x 49.0mm
Compression ratio: 10.6:1
Cooling: Liquid
Fuel injection: DFI with dual 32mm throttle bodies
Ignition: TCBI with digital advance
Transmission: Six-speed
Final drive: Chain
Frame: Semi-double cradle, high-tensile steel
Wheelbase: 55.3 in.
Rake / trail: 27 degrees / 3.7 in.
Front suspension / wheel travel: 37mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 4.7 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: Uni-Trak® with 5-way adjustable preload / 5.2 in.
Front tire: 110/70-17
Rear tire: 140/70-17
Front brake: Single 290mm petal-type disc with two-piston hydraulic caliper and ABS
Rear brake: Single 220mm petal-type disc with two-piston hydraulic caliper and ABS
Overall length: 79.3 in.
Overall width: 28.1 in.
Overall height: 43.7 in.
Seat height: 30.9 in.
Curb weight: 383.7 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 4.5 gal.
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300 Color Options/MSRP:

Ebony / $4,799
Pearl Stardust White / $4,799
Lime Green / Ebony with Special Edition Graphics / $4,999
Lime Green / Ebony with Special Edition Graphics ABS / $5,499

http://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/...ja-300-preview

after talking to two buddies at cycle city...these will be $8k bikes.

hopefully someone will have freeware to run tunes and such. hope to get a ride on one to see if it fits the wife better than ths POS 250.

Old September 13th, 2012, 01:05 PM   #1988
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

Yeah.... Don't be getting bikes from Cycle City.

Old September 14th, 2012, 12:12 PM   #1989
ungluck
sleeper

**** dont buy bikes here period. you can have it shipped and bought for less fromt he west coast.

talking to a buddy at south seas in waipahu..they said probably 6500+..so if thats the case, cycle city may be more..

as usual, we get ripped off. though it is still a HEAVY bike, glad it comes with a 140, the suspension looks better, brakes will still suck ass, the fuel injection will be nice, hopefully a freeware setup come sout to do some tuning, obviously dynojet will have something soon. the controls and gauges are much much nicer.

but i'll stick to my KTM.

Old September 15th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #1990
Kstorm21
ninjette.org sage

WTF????

Old September 16th, 2012, 04:05 AM   #1991
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

That's how much his loan is.

Old September 16th, 2012, 01:45 PM   #1992
Kstorm21
ninjette.org sage

I know....it's still ridiculously.

Old September 17th, 2012, 10:52 PM   #1993
Gorilla25
Dakine...

Name: AJ

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R (Sold) | 636 (hopefully soon)

lol

Old September 17th, 2012, 11:04 PM   #1994
Kstorm21
ninjette.org sage

oh...he dropped it. It was $8000

Old September 18th, 2012, 02:01 AM   #1995
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

You could get one for $6500 OTD or less @ South Seas ~_~

Also, spun a bearing on the CB

Old September 18th, 2012, 02:18 AM   #1996
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

@Kstorm21

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/mcy/3279265042.html

Worth a look.

Old September 18th, 2012, 12:12 PM   #1997
Kstorm21
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Thanks for looking out. I've seen that one. It was $3200 last week. I sent her and email asking about mileage and it's 12K. I told her I was looking for something with less miles. She said would you pay $2650? I said, no thanks. Hubby said I can buy the new 300. I just haven't decided if that's what I want. Plus, I actually bought stuff for the 250 like when the group buy of the integrated tail light w/flush mount turn signals and stuff. I'd have to sell that stuff.

Old September 18th, 2012, 12:52 PM   #1998
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

12k mi is nothing.

Old September 18th, 2012, 12:58 PM   #1999
Kstorm21
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
12k mi is nothing.
That just seems like a lot to me. I'm sure it's not, but I'd prefer something with less.

Old September 18th, 2012, 07:14 PM   #2000
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

That's only about 4000 mi/yr. Mileage really doesn't matter unless you're way up there in numbers, like 75k+. It's all about maintenance. You could have a 10k mi bike in MUCH worse shape than a 30k mi bike.