ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old April 18th, 2011, 11:15 AM   #1
play2pwn
Only the good die young

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2011 ninja 250r SE

devil exhaust?

Has anyone heard of this slipon exhaust?

Its being sold at biohazardcycles for 299

And the description says it removes catalyzer and can be used in stock settings.
play2pwn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 18th, 2011, 01:48 PM   #2
Fly'in Ninja
ninjette.org guru

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): C-250R-ST

Heard of them, they're not too well known
Fly'in Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 18th, 2011, 01:58 PM   #3
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by play2pwn View Post
Has anyone heard of this slipon exhaust?

Its being sold at biohazardcycles for 299

And the description says it removes catalyzer and can be used in stock settings.
all slipons will remove 1/2 of the catalytic converters on the bike, but doesn't get rid of the one in the header pipe.

any slipon should be rejetted (or shimmed) to maximize any benefit a slipon provides (which is not much). if you are simply looking for a noisemaker on a stick, pick whatever slipon that suits you and go for it.

personally, I advise saving your pennies for a bit longer then buying a full system and rejetting to match the system to the bike.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 18th, 2011, 02:59 PM   #4
play2pwn
Only the good die young

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
all slipons will remove 1/2 of the catalytic converters on the bike, but doesn't get rid of the one in the header pipe.

any slipon should be rejetted (or shimmed) to maximize any benefit a slipon provides (which is not much). if you are simply looking for a noisemaker on a stick, pick whatever slipon that suits you and go for it.

personally, I advise saving your pennies for a bit longer then buying a full system and rejetting to match the system to the bike.
Hey kkim yeah i was thinkin bout that one too since the jardine full exhaust is 450 i might just get that

Im nearing my 1st service my friend told me to do the 1st service on a dealership then for the upcoming service he'll do it he told me that the 1st service is a pain and a lot of stuff to do

As for the full system can i just change my air filter to k&n and get it rejetted
And what will happen if i set the idle at 1500 rpm

Old April 18th, 2011, 03:12 PM   #5
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by play2pwn View Post
Hey kkim yeah i was thinkin bout that one too since the jardine full exhaust is 450 i might just get that

Im nearing my 1st service my friend told me to do the 1st service on a dealership then for the upcoming service he'll do it he told me that the 1st service is a pain and a lot of stuff to do

As for the full system can i just change my air filter to k&n and get it rejetted
And what will happen if i set the idle at 1500 rpm
check out some Area P exhausts while you're at it.
http://www.areapnolimits.com/product...-250R-2008.php

do the 600 mile service yourself and save your money. it amounts to a glorified oil change. which first service is your friend talking about... how many miles?

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10577

again, save more money by keeping your airbox, shimming your needles, removing the snorkel and installing a free flowing drop in filter.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 18th, 2011, 03:57 PM   #6
play2pwn
Only the good die young

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
check out some Area P exhausts while you're at it.
http://www.areapnolimits.com/product...-250R-2008.php

do the 600 mile service yourself and save your money. it amounts to a glorified oil change. which first service is your friend talking about... how many miles?

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10577

again, save more money by keeping your airbox, shimming your needles, removing the snorkel and installing a free flowing drop in filter.
Kkim ill jst send u a pm