Notices

Old November 22nd, 2012, 02:15 PM   #41
Whiskey
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Morgan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, 2010 STR 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minikin_Jo View Post
That can't be right?? I'm 5'1 with about 26-27" inseam. LOL Are your legs super short?

If I sit on a 32.7" high seat I can barely touch my left big toe while the bike is on the kick stand. I'd never be able to stand the bike to take it off the kick stand.

My 250 was lowered 2" so it was approx 28.5" seat height. I could flat foot my left or put both balls of my feet down.
Pretty much,

I overdone it on the weights when I was still growing, I've legs like tree trunks, & could squat 220kg at 17... 28-29" inseam & at one stage they were 24" around, an ex was able to fit her belt around 1 of my thighs

Back when I was an artillery gunner I could raise the trails & push a 1.8 ton field gun around without assistance, I think the Bty. Sgt. almost had a hernia himself when he saw me do it

Slide your left arse cheek off the side of the seat, as you stop on the rear brake tip the bars left the whole way & lean it over so you can flat foot it on your left foot.

Be sure of what you're about to put your foot down on (or in...), I almost dropped a mate's 800cc BMW that way, & once ended up taking a detour off road on the ninjette, got stopped & put my foot down a hole, bike tipped over but rested on my leg & needed a mate to help pull it upright before I could get my leg out of the hole

Once you're ready to go point the bars forward & roll on, the bike will stabilise in an upright position once it's moving.
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2012, 02:23 AM   #42
leed
ninjette.org sage

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): Time will tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
Pretty much,

I overdone it on the weights when I was still growing, I've legs like tree trunks, & could squat 220kg at 17... 28-29" inseam & at one stage they were 24" around, an ex was able to fit her belt around 1 of my thighs

Back when I was an artillery gunner I could raise the trails & push a 1.8 ton field gun around without assistance, I think the Bty. Sgt. almost had a hernia himself when he saw me do it

Slide your left arse cheek off the side of the seat, as you stop on the rear brake tip the bars left the whole way & lean it over so you can flat foot it on your left foot.

Be sure of what you're about to put your foot down on (or in...), I almost dropped a mate's 800cc BMW that way, & once ended up taking a detour off road on the ninjette, got stopped & put my foot down a hole, bike tipped over but rested on my leg & needed a mate to help pull it upright before I could get my leg out of the hole

Once you're ready to go point the bars forward & roll on, the bike will stabilise in an upright position once it's moving.
To be honest, they're not that far off. You have to bear in mind that proportional to height, women typically have longer legs than men. Beyond that I agree. The only bikes I've ever really felt very uncomfortable with the height are the Ducati Supersports, though I think that may have to do with the price of them. I have the same inseam (28-20), but I also only weigh 145 pounds, so sinking the suspension I cannot do with most.

To the OP, lowering the bike has a lot of adverse effects, if you can help it, bring it back to stock height as you get more acquainted with the weight and feel of the bike. Good luck and don't give up! Also, if you need to move around in a small space (or back up) just get off and walk, no shame in that! Trust me, it's much worse to drop it than to walk it :P
leed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2012, 02:09 PM   #43
Whiskey
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Morgan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, 2010 STR 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by leed View Post
To be honest, they're not that far off. You have to bear in mind that proportional to height, women typically have longer legs than men. Beyond that I agree. The only bikes I've ever really felt very uncomfortable with the height are the Ducati Supersports, though I think that may have to do with the price of them. I have the same inseam (28-20), but I also only weigh 145 pounds, so sinking the suspension I cannot do with most.
Only had one of them out for a spin this afternoon, an 848 Streetfighter, it was a little tall at first, but I got used to it within 5 mins.

I probably have a slight advantage that I've done some advanced training & can do a rolling stop, pick my gap & time it so that I don't have to put a foot down too often, only really stopped when the convoy leader pulled up to regroup.

For good measure I took a go of a R1200GS too, tall fcuker of a machine but with a bit of practise I could tip it left & flat foot it without too much bother (altho I did come in like a duck trying to land on one or 2 occasions)
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 27th, 2012, 04:19 PM   #44
ret8ke
ninjette.org member

Name: nath

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
Welcome Nath.

A former co-worker of mine was only 4'8" and he rode a 600cc bike. Every time I saw him on a bike I was amazed how someone so short had no problems riding let alone keeping the bike upright. He prolly got annoyed with me constantly saying, "How cool it was for him to ride"...like he was a freak of nature or something. LOL

Then I saw this guy and I was like that's the last time I complain about being too short.

I laughed at the pic.... then I felt bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
Thats awesome! but I already see me doing that and it doesnt look to promising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjhstn View Post
Hi, I am 5 foot, with short legs and ride a 2007 Ninja. My husband put on the lowering links from Soupy's.
http://www.soupysperformance.com/cat...00/5405407.htm
This kit lets you lower the bike up to 4 inches.

If you lower the bike more than an inch you will want to adjust the front bars to compensate. Soupy's also sells that kit:
http://www.soupysperformance.com/cat...00/5527850.htm

This made a big difference to me, allowing the balls of my feet to touch when I come to a stop.
ohhh cool. did it change the handling much?
ret8ke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 29th, 2012, 07:02 PM   #45
Coolbpf
Limp Noodle

Name: Tyler

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250, Fastest Red money can buy

Is it just me or are Canadian women the most underrated?
Coolbpf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 30th, 2012, 01:35 AM   #46
beerhalffull
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09' Ninja 250R

Welcome to the site! Sadly I'm not much help, because I stand in at 6'7. I actually have the opposite problem of being too tall for a few things. In any case I'm glad you're riding.
beerhalffull is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 1st, 2012, 04:32 PM   #47
snot
sammich maker

Name: snot

Motorcycle(s): 2013 white 300, 09 KLX 250 SF, 09 thunder blue 250(traded)

MOTM - Apr '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ret8ke View Post
HI! oups I forgot to mention it, I'm 4'11 ish 5.....
dont mind the pic, camera makes me look taller....
I'll search on the shaving of the seat...but it seems already so thin...
thanks
I am 4'11". I used roaring toyzs lowering kit it did the trick for me. I lowered the front and rear.
snot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 1st, 2012, 04:39 PM   #48
skilletmo
InfoWhore

Name: Melashi

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 StreetFighter ~~~~ 2005 KTM 450 EXC

Do you still have your stock links for the suspension when you lowered your bike!!?!? IF SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW! Ill buy em off you!

Old December 1st, 2012, 05:37 PM   #49
snot
sammich maker

MOTM - Apr '15
I raised it back and traded the bike on 300. I am hoping the kit for 250 works on 300.

Old December 1st, 2012, 05:40 PM   #50
skilletmo
InfoWhore

Damn! Wbu Nath? Still have yours?

Old December 4th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #51
ret8ke
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilletmo View Post
Damn! Wbu Nath? Still have yours?
yea I think I do, its just somewhere in my storage.
send me a pm so we can work something out

Old December 4th, 2012, 03:42 PM   #52
ret8ke
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snot View Post
I raised it back and traded the bike on 300. I am hoping the kit for 250 works on 300.
let me know if they dont fit

Old December 4th, 2012, 04:18 PM   #53
skilletmo
InfoWhore

Got it for 12$ shipped... If only you replied earlier! lol but thanks anyway.

Old December 4th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #54
snot
sammich maker

MOTM - Apr '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ret8ke View Post
let me know if they dont fit
You can get just the dog bones for ~40. from roaring toyzs.