Old April 24th, 2012, 10:09 AM   #1
Stamatos
ninjette.org member

Name: Derrick

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250 CLG

..new tricks

Hello all!
I'm the new proud owner of a 2012 in candy lime, pictured here;

About the bike: She is stock and yes, I already named her. I picked Kamakiri up for around $5K from the fine folks at Tracy Motorsports.
A little about me: I live in the Bay Area and have never had a drivers license even though I just turned 39. Never needed one and was told my vision wasn't good enough. Well I have always wanted to ride, always. I've ridden a bike my whole adult life and decided I wanted to know once and for all if it was possible to drive something a little faster. So I did a ton of research, visited my ophthalmologist and on my birthday, took the written tests. After a month long battle with the DMV, was issued my permit yesterday. The short story is that in the history of the DMV, nobody has ever wanted to get a solely class M license with less than perfect vision (gotta be BS) so without the ability to force me to take an in-car skills test, they didn't know what to do. Well, Driver Safety told them what to do after meeting me in person.
So before I get to learning on this thing, i'm doing the MSF course in San Jose next week.
I just wanted to pop in and introduce myself and say "thanks" for the couple of months I was able to lurk here and learn a lot. I look forward to contributing to the conversation.
Stamatos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 24th, 2012, 10:15 AM   #2
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Ah, I almost got my bike from Tracy Motorsports but I wanted to wait untill I got my license so I could drive the bike off the lot and the guy there (Chris I think) was just too pushy telling me to come down and buy it now. I got annoyed with him so I went to Hollister Motorsports instead haha. I'd go for a ride with you when you come down to San Jose if I wasn't so broken right now. Maybe in a few months we can put together another bay area group ride.

Oh and, sweet bike
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 24th, 2012, 10:15 AM   #3
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Welcome and love the bike!
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 24th, 2012, 10:26 AM   #4
Stamatos
ninjette.org member

Name: Derrick

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250 CLG

Smile

Thanks gents!
Jiggles, I have been following your saga, that is some **** drama indeed! By the time you are healed up, I'm sure I'll have the confidence to hit some twisties or otherwise group up. My license is restricted to no freeways but I'm pretty happy to be "restricted" to the scenic route no matter where I go.
Chris Devaugn is likely the guy you dealt with. He can be aggressive but it worked in my favor this time around. I told them what I could pay and my situation and I think they cut me a good deal. I dealt with Victor over there too, really nice guy with a lot of knowledge.
Stamatos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 24th, 2012, 10:27 AM   #5
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Yea 5k is not bad, I got my 2011 for $5100, and now I'm getting $4400 from insurance for it

And definitely take it slow, especially since you haven't taken the MSF yet. They teach you a lot of great skills
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 25th, 2012, 06:38 PM   #6
KJohnson21
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): '08 Kawasaki EX250 "Yoshi", '99 Kawasaki Concours "Grace", '06 Concours "Belle", '06 Yamaha YZF600R "Slick"

HEY!! Unregistered!! Does your bike have a name?
KJohnson21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 25th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #7
Mocha Man
Blue Shell magnet

Name: Nolan

Motorcycle(s): 1997 Ninja 250

Hiiiiii. And welcome
Mocha Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 30th, 2012, 03:30 AM   #8
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick