Go Back   ninjette.org > New Members

Notices

Old April 12th, 2013, 02:52 AM   #1
Raven916
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Alene

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninjette 250R "The Angry Chainsaw"

"Hey there!" from Sacramento

Judging from the member map, it doesn't seem like there are very many of us in Sacramento.

I'm Alene, I'm 21, and I just purchased my 2010 Ninjette yesterday, who I have affectionately nicknamed "The Angry Chainsaw," due to the quite loud Delkevic exhaust on her. It's the shortest/widest/loudest one they make, apparently. It looks like the ricer-cans they stick on Civics and Integras, except miniature. Her real name is yet to come!

I was in the Army for the past 3 and a half years as a Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic, and now I'm home for good, and have wanted to ride for a while, so saved to get my new 250r!

I had my head set on a 600 or 750, as I was confident I could handle it, and I probably could have, after the first ride, but during that first ride I made so many dumb mistakes it wasn't even funny. After getting off my first short test ride on a 250r and realizing my hands and legs were shaking and I had completely forgotten how to shift for the first few seconds, I decided against that. If I'd done on a 600 what I did on the 250 I'd have probably popped an unintentional wheelie and dropped the bike or worse.

I bought the bike without the main (big) fairings on the sides (I don't know what they specifically are called), and so it's a bit ugly with everything exposed, but it doesn't bother me any. I bought a 250 for function, not form. I'll post up pictures tomorrow when I take some I was too busy riding today to take any.

Mods-
Apparently, it was rejetted for better throttle response, according to previous owner. (Now, I'm a mechanic, and I know what rejetting a carb entails, but I'm not sure how this will affect fuel economy, if at all? I would also think this affects idle and warmup times, so any help in that would be appreciated. I'm paranoid when it comes to warmup.)
Has been dropped a couple times, from what I can see, so the fairings are gone. Seems to be a clean title though.
Loud Delkevic exhaust.

I'm learning very quickly, and I'm hooked on riding, completely. I can't look at my 96 corvette or my 65 mustang the same ever again.

So hi guys! Looking forward to good company here
Raven916 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 12th, 2013, 03:22 AM   #2
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Raven916! Glad to have you aboard...
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 12th, 2013, 03:32 AM   #3
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 12th, 2013, 05:00 AM   #4
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Welcome Alene!

If the bike has a jet kit installed, it will not really effect the fuel economy enough to notice and it will only help the warmup process.

Thanks for your service and good luck with the bike.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 12th, 2013, 08:18 PM   #5
KJohnson21
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): '08 Kawasaki EX250 "Yoshi", '99 Kawasaki Concours "Grace", '06 Concours "Belle", '06 Yamaha YZF600R "Slick"

HEY!! Unregistered!! Does your bike have a name?
KJohnson21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 12th, 2013, 09:15 PM   #6
Ausoi
ninjette.org member

Name: Joshua

Motorcycle(s): 2008 (Black) Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Welcome! You aren't alone - I live like 30 minutes from you and my friends sister's boyfriend has a ninja 250 as well - he lives in Sacramento too
Ausoi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 12th, 2013, 09:30 PM   #7
Raven916
ninjette.org newbie

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! @csmith, thanks for the info

@Ausoi Coolness, maybe we could go for a ride sometime

Been riding almost literally all day today. Stalled countless times at stop signs, locked up my rear tire, and almost ate siderail when I took it to the twisties today. The last one is what I get for being paranoid about running 9k at 70 and thinking the engine will overheat. Haven't gone down though. All in all, a good day. Getting much much better.

Found out my front left shock has a bad seal on the top, oil everywhere, yay.

Old April 12th, 2013, 09:34 PM   #8
Ausoi
ninjette.org member

Name: Joshua

Motorcycle(s): 2008 (Black) Kawasaki Ninja 250R

@Raven916 For sure I just need to get my bike running at 100% again, just waiting on a new tachometer.
Ausoi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 12th, 2013, 09:40 PM   #9
Little Green Machine
Love my kittehs!

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R SE

You might look up the link on here for the "Twist of the Wrist" video " The cornering bible", that will definitely help you re-understand riding if your a bit rusty! Oh and welcome to the site!
Little Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 12th, 2013, 10:18 PM   #10
Raven916
ninjette.org newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Green Machine View Post
You might look up the link on here for the "Twist of the Wrist" video " The cornering bible", that will definitely help you re-understand riding if your a bit rusty! Oh and welcome to the site!
I will definitely look those up, but I'm not rusty, just brand new Thanks for the info!

Also, whats the difference between a special edition 250r and not? Mine is apparently an SE.

Old April 12th, 2013, 10:54 PM   #11
Blystr842
Venom Sponsored

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250R x2 (his & hers), 05 Honda CRF250R

Welcome!

Old April 20th, 2013, 06:32 PM   #12
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Hello and welcome.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 22nd, 2013, 06:58 AM   #13
unyinknight
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Quintin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 ninja 250r

Hello from sacramento to you too fellow newb!
unyinknight is offline   Reply With Quote