ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Notices

Old June 14th, 2011, 02:44 PM   #1
Gurney020
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Patrick

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r

Rear wheel hugger....any suggestions??

Hi, im pretty new here. A couple weeks ago i picked up my first bike, a 2010 ninja 250r in blue. I have been looking at a couple of posts on this forum that have helped me greatly on some mods i have done this weekend. ill try and post some pics up of what i did. My next idea was a rear wheel hugger. I have seen a couple on here. And some that have been said to be hard to get. If any one could suggest some brands or websites to go to and or stay away from, i would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks,
Patrick
Gurney020 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 14th, 2011, 08:12 PM   #2
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Give Scott's hugger a look over. Some info and pics here

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...t=scott+hugger

I am hoping you have all your gear. If not, please consider that mod first.

And...
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 14th, 2011, 09:05 PM   #3
Gurney020
ninjette.org newbie

oh absolutely, i bought snell helmet, gloves, jacket with armor, and boots before i even bought the bike. Some one i know put it perfectly, "dress for the fall, not for the ride!" and as soon a it stops freakin raining i will be able to take the cover off and take some nice pics.

Old June 14th, 2011, 09:39 PM   #4
ratlab
ratlab

Name: reese

Motorcycle(s): gsxr1000,R3x2,RC390,FZ07,XR100

i got a skidmarx carbon fiber but it rubbed on 140 rear looked great -i got a color matched new scott's big size and its awesome also and pretty affordable for the the color match and quality

Last futzed with by ratlab; June 14th, 2011 at 09:40 PM. Reason: mispell
ratlab is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2011, 03:04 PM   #5
Gurney020
ninjette.org newbie

Thanks guys, i really like the scotts hugger, and i have heard nothing but good about them. Is there a website i can visit or something to get in touch with this company to purchase?

I really like the Shinto hugger too but i have read some bad press on the guy who sells them! Is this true??

Old June 15th, 2011, 03:49 PM   #6
nattygirl
ninjette.org guru

Name: Natalie

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 Special Edition Red/Black

I just happened to find this one today. It says it's a mud guard, but it's pretty much a rear hugger. Made by PUIG. Comes painted gloss black or in Carbon Fiber. No pricing though.

http://www.puigusa.com/tuning-bikes/...232-r31-m1689/

Old June 15th, 2011, 07:20 PM   #7
Live2ride
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

I'd recommend the rear hugger / swingarm cover combo from sportisimoto usa but not if you want it any time soon . I missed the gb so I doubt I'll be getting one at all.

new version:

original version:

Old June 15th, 2011, 08:18 PM   #8
greatwhiteninja
Ridin Dirty

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): 2011 white se 250r , 2008 zx6R

i want !! how much did they sell for?
greatwhiteninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2011, 08:29 PM   #9
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '09 265r

Shinto-Racing also has a hugger. but the Sportisi one looks better.

Old June 15th, 2011, 08:32 PM   #10
Live2ride
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...portisi+hugger

The problem is he has to import them from the main retailer in another country and I guess can't afford individual ones. If I remember correctly it even took the gb huggers a few months to get to the buyers . They just look so darn good on our bikes.

Old June 16th, 2011, 05:59 AM   #11
warlord
ninjette.org guru

Name: war

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ducati Panigale 899

I'm waiting for another gb for the sportisi. If you get one going just send me PM...
warlord is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 16th, 2011, 06:18 AM   #12
greatwhiteninja
Ridin Dirty

we should get a list going of who would want one and maybe that would get some interest started in another GB.. im down for 1!!

Old June 16th, 2011, 07:51 AM   #13
joes280
ninjette.org member

Name: joe

Motorcycle(s): 250

just and FYI

I have the sportisi hugger and lets just say the fitment is less then perfect...actually its horrible, so if you an anal person just factor that in, it will fit a 150 with no problem tho.To me it just looks baggy on the swing arm around the axle bolt. On the plus side the paint quality is awesome, unfortunately I had to paint mine flat black bc I bought it off someone and it was originally blue.

I'd post pics but don't know how on this forum
joes280 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 16th, 2011, 10:48 AM   #14
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

I'm down for one also! I really like the new design of the sportisi hugger

Old June 16th, 2011, 10:54 AM   #15
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by joes280 View Post
I have the sportisi hugger and lets just say the fitment is less then perfect...actually its horrible, so if you an anal person just factor that in, it will fit a 150 with no problem tho.To me it just looks baggy on the swing arm around the axle bolt. On the plus side the paint quality is awesome, unfortunately I had to paint mine flat black bc I bought it off someone and it was originally blue.

lol... you can lead a horse to water, but...

Last futzed with by kkim; June 16th, 2011 at 02:35 PM.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 16th, 2011, 02:34 PM   #16
Gurney020
ninjette.org newbie

If that many people are interested in buying the sportisi hugger in a group buy, who do we have to contact?? cuz i know i made up my mind of which one i want.

Old June 16th, 2011, 02:45 PM   #17
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Talked to sportisi, Doesnt sound like they want to do a Group Buy...

ME- "Would sportisi be interested in doing another group buy with ninjette? I know three people and me have said they want one, I know there will be more

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?p=310053#post310053"

Matt- "I'm aware of that it is just a major hassle for almost no profit or even a loss which is what happened last time. I'm turned off to gb's for fragile products as a result."

Old June 16th, 2011, 02:46 PM   #18
kkim

are you prepared to wait for almost a year for it to show up?
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=51228

...and once it shows up, deal with installation, quality and customer service issues?
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=70534

Old June 16th, 2011, 02:49 PM   #19
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Didnt know it was that bad!

It looks so good! But I guess its a waste of money, Disappointing

Thanks kelly for saving me money

Old June 16th, 2011, 04:32 PM   #20
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

I wouldn't say so. Matt was willing to go above and beyond to correct my issues and I am still VERY satisfied, especially with the price. I just need to rig up something to hold it against the swingarm better. I'm thinking some bent coat-hangers attached to the inside of the hugger that I can slip over the swingarm to make the cover sit flush.

Edit: Maybe velcro is a better idea. I don't want service guys to be thrown for a loop by it!

Last futzed with by CZroe; June 18th, 2011 at 09:45 AM.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 16th, 2011, 04:33 PM   #21
greatwhiteninja
Ridin Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by joes280 View Post

wanna sell yours ??

Old June 16th, 2011, 05:02 PM   #22
ichibunkid.206
ninjette.org member

Name: Phil

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

Scott Hugger for me

I've decided on getting my hugger from Scott, I emailed him last night inquiring about price, and types... and finishes will post info when I hear back.

Old June 16th, 2011, 05:21 PM   #23
bowersox3589
ninjette.org member

Name: Thad

Motorcycle(s): 2008 GSXR 600

I have a skidmarx hugger in gloss black, brand new never taken out of the original packaging that I'm looking to get rid of. Pm me if you're interested.
bowersox3589 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 16th, 2011, 06:12 PM   #24
Jerkson
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichibunkid.206 View Post
I've decided on getting my hugger from Scott, I emailed him last night inquiring about price, and types... and finishes will post info when I hear back.
Scott is an absolutely terrific seller to work with. He will send you pics of everything. Different CF weaves, different orientations and his new large model will fit the 150 rear tire if thats your thing. I think my CF one was $160 or so.

According to a Canadian distributor the pricing for Puig huggers are HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuong-nutz View Post
Shinto-Racing also has a hugger. but the Sportisi one looks better.
After all the Shinto fiasco's... lets just cross that one off the list.
Jerkson is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 16th, 2011, 09:04 PM   #25
ichibunkid.206
ninjette.org member

Scott hugger info

Heard back from Scott with pics and info....

I've done a bit of searching on the site here and decided to go with Scott's product over the others mainly because it appears that installation of Scott's hugger will be less troublesome, and a better fit... but this is only based on what I've read posted on the site, and until I place my order and get the part I have no firsthand knowledge.

I'm still trying to decide if I should go with the carbon fiber, or the painted gloss black

As an FYI I thought I'd post up the info I got from Scott, along with the pics he sent along....

I have 3 different huggers for the 08-? ninja 250s. It fits all of the new style ninjas after 08. My first hugger was my classic with a smooth top, then I made the new style which was similar to the front fender with ridges, and last I made a larger new style that would fit the largest tire you can fit on the bike. This hugger looks like the new style but has more attachment area for the swingarm. If you look close, you can see the differences. The pricing is as follows:

Primed (ready to paint) or unfinished carbon are $75.95

Matte black huggers are $89.95 (except for my ebay classic huggers)

Kawi color huggers are $104.95 to $129.95 depending on the color and number of base colors.

Finished Carbon fiber huggers are $159.95

Add $10 to these prices for the larger hugger

Prices do not include shipping

MORE INFO:

Scott sent me more info that I requested regarding the wider hugger in case I opted to put on a larger rear tire in the future, and his opinion on if the wider hugger would look strange mounted on 250 with stock rear tires.... Oh and BTW after looking at a few post on the site regarding larger rear tires I'm opting to keep the rear tire stock size, I think I included all of the pictures that Scott references in his reply to me.

>>>>>>>
The larger hugger is about 1/2" taller and wider than the std ones so I don't think it will look odd with the stock tire. I think the problem tires are the 140/70 and 150/70 and although the 140 will fit with the std huggers it is very tight. I am told that the 150/60 works just fine since the diameter is close to the stock tire but the width gets a little close. Anyway, I finished my large mold about 2 months ago and have sold about 8 of them. As I said before, it looks much like my other huggers but the swingarm attach area has been enlarged for better stability and I smoothed it out to improve it's looks. The swingarm attach area on the others was made to form right to the shape including the welds so it looks a little wavy. Here are a few pics of the large hugger in carbon. I can make carbon huggers is two different weaves and I think the pics show the thicker weave.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg assorted classic.jpg (65.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg carbon & matte black huggers1.jpg (102.9 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg ebony black new style2.jpg (65.4 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg large carbon hugger2.jpg (134.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg larger hugger plug.jpg (76.2 KB, 18 views)

Last futzed with by ichibunkid.206; June 17th, 2011 at 06:53 AM.
ichibunkid.206 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 16th, 2011, 09:24 PM   #26
Gurney020
ninjette.org newbie

Quote:
Heard back from Scott with pics and info....

I've done a bit of searching on the site here and decided to go with Scott's product over the others mainly because it appears that installation of Scott's hugger will be less troublesome, and a better fit... but this is only based on what I've read posted on the site, and until I place my order and get the part I have no firsthand knowledge.

I'm still trying to decide if I should go with the carbon fiber, or the painted gloss black

As an FYI I thought I'd post up the info I got from Scott, along with the pics he sent along....

I have 3 different huggers for the 08-? ninja 250s. It fits all of the new style ninjas after 08. My first hugger was my classic with a smooth top, then I made the new style which was similar to the front fender with ridges, and last I made a larger new style that would fit the largest tire you can fit on the bike. This hugger looks like the new style but has more attachment area for the swingarm. If you look close, you can see the differences. The pricing is as follows:

Primed (ready to paint) or unfinished carbon are $75.95

Matte black huggers are $89.95 (except for my ebay classic huggers)

Kawi color huggers are $104.95 to $129.95 depending on the color and number of base colors.

Finished Carbon fiber huggers are $159.95

Add $10 to these prices for the larger hugger

Prices do not include shipping
That new style looks sick!!! Can you give me an email or website i can contact them through?

Old June 16th, 2011, 10:00 PM   #27
ztrack157
The Sportisi Master

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
are you prepared to wait for almost a year for it to show up?
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=51228

...and once it shows up, deal with installation, quality and customer service issues?
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=70534
Kelly since when did 5 months equal a year. I made no illusions to the group buy being speedy and customs was a pain. Luckily the ducks are in a row. I didn't even require full payment simply a deposit. I threw down a large chunk of my money doing it for the forum. Yet you seem to like to toss me under the bus whenever you can. I attended to any issues as the arose while I may not totally do it publicly.

There is little if any profit in the huggers. Can I afford to bring them over? Yes. Will I? Not anytime soon. It's too much of a headache and to much of a risk.

Old June 16th, 2011, 10:51 PM   #28
kkim

Matt,

It certainly wasn't 5 months, either.

Sorry if you feel I throw you under the bus at every opportunity, but I can assure that is not the case. My obligation is to the members of this site and voiced my opinion on the matter. If you have issues with the post, PM Alex and I will delete it if he feels it is warranted.

Old June 16th, 2011, 11:08 PM   #29
ztrack157
The Sportisi Master

Payments received in middle october. Orders started shipping in march that's 5 months 6 if you count the replacements.

Old June 16th, 2011, 11:14 PM   #30
kkim

I was going by the creation date for the GB.

Old June 17th, 2011, 06:45 AM   #31
ichibunkid.206
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurney020 View Post
That new style looks sick!!! Can you give me an email or website i can contact them through?
Hi Patrick,

Sorry I forgot to includes Scott's contact email address which is swings5@comcast.net, Oh and by the way congrats on getting your 250

As Jason has mentioned Scott has been very helpful in providing me with answers with any questions I've had.

Also I edited my post above, and added additional information Scott sent me with regards to the hugger designed for larger size rear wheels.

Old June 17th, 2011, 05:43 PM   #32
warlord
ninjette.org guru

Name: war

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ducati Panigale 899

Let me know when you're planning on importing more Sportisi huggers, I don't care if it's a group buy or not.
warlord is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 17th, 2011, 05:52 PM   #33
greatwhiteninja
Ridin Dirty

same here.. i want one regardless.

Old June 17th, 2011, 07:36 PM   #34
ratlab
ratlab

Name: reese

Motorcycle(s): gsxr1000,R3x2,RC390,FZ07,XR100

check out scott's -i took off skidmarx and replaced with scott's -i can put bigger tire on -super easy install and looks great-for the price it's a freakin steal for the quality
ratlab is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 18th, 2011, 07:53 AM   #35
Gurney020
ninjette.org newbie

Quote:
Hi Patrick,

Sorry I forgot to includes Scott's contact email address which is swings5@comcast.net, Oh and by the way congrats on getting your 250

As Jason has mentioned Scott has been very helpful in providing me with answers with any questions I've had.

Also I edited my post above, and added additional information Scott sent me with regards to the hugger designed for larger size rear wheels.
Thanks man, im going to email him today. Today is really nice so i think im going to wash the bike and take some pics.

Old June 28th, 2011, 05:42 PM   #36
Outlander Systems
ninjette.org Tengu

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

If Matt can't get the Sportisimoto huggers, is there an alternate source?
Outlander Systems is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 28th, 2011, 06:35 PM   #37
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

So lets get this rolling!

Matt are you getting these from Thailand?

Old June 29th, 2011, 10:48 AM   #38
ztrack157
The Sportisi Master

I don't get anything from thailand

Old June 29th, 2011, 11:00 AM   #39
caps
Sexy Beast

Name: Mat

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R, 2006 ZX-14, 2012 Ducati Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
this right here is exactly why i refuse to even consider anything from sportisi
caps is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 29th, 2011, 05:28 PM   #40
ztrack157
The Sportisi Master

From Sportisi or Just me in general? Because I am not Sportisi I'm just a reseller. I'm sorry you feel that way. But I can't live on this forum. Any customer can email me at any time (best way to get a hold of me) or even call me. I address any issue as they arise and do what is neccessary to solve any problem or issues. Bram was posting up info on the installs and helping He is much more informed on the installation and fixs than I am.

This one group buy end up being a horror story with many things out of my control. And it isn't happening again ever.

NO Future GB's on huggers ever. I may bring some over later in the year. Otherwise you guys can order direct from Sportisi and pay the extra shipping.