Go Back   ninjette.org > None of the above > The Ex-Ninjetters Lair

Old May 21st, 2011, 10:22 AM   #1
splittrain
ninjette.org member

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

2010 Ninja 250r to a '06 R6

ill let the pic do the talkin!
But dang, when i snagged this mint 06 on craigslist. wow that ride home was insane. I was going 45 mph and I was still in first gear maybe 8~9k rpm lol. I need to learn the throttle on this bad boy. I just dropped her off at the shop yesterday for a tune up to get my 'service history' up to par on this thing. but until then, i will be on mostly R6 forums, but I would love to ride with you guys anyways!

Old May 21st, 2011, 10:32 AM   #2
austexjg
ninjette.org sage

Name: J.G.

Motorcycle(s): '09 zx6r Green/Black, (ex-)Diablo Black '09 Ninja 250r

Nice bike..
austexjg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2011, 10:34 AM   #3
bob706
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 1998 HD Road King

Congrats
bob706 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2011, 11:43 AM   #4
Yasko
Texas Newbie

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 07 Ninja EX250, 07 FZ6

be safe...
Yasko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2011, 06:55 PM   #5
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

Name: T

Motorcycle(s): Current: '11 ZX-6R; Previous: '09 Ninjette; '08 ZX-6R (Ex-Wife '09 TU250X)

Love the Pokemon evolution.

Uhmm, is it bad that I know that is from Pokemon?

Yeah, I uh, only know that because my daughter told me. Seriously. Stop looking at me like that.

Grats on the new bike. Be safe.

Old May 22nd, 2011, 11:33 AM   #6
gogoKawi
ninjette.org sage

Name: Dre

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300, 2008 ZX6, 2011 Ninja 1000

Another converter from the area. Congrats. I'm sure you will really enjoy the bike. Ride safe!
gogoKawi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 22nd, 2011, 09:40 PM   #7
splittrain
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoulrath View Post
Love the Pokemon evolution.

Uhmm, is it bad that I know that is from Pokemon?

Yeah, I uh, only know that because my daughter told me. Seriously. Stop looking at me like that.

Grats on the new bike. Be safe.
lol dont worry i wont judge! thanks ride safe as well

Old May 22nd, 2011, 09:41 PM   #8
splittrain
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogoKawi View Post
Another converter from the area. Congrats. I'm sure you will really enjoy the bike. Ride safe!
word. are you on DCSB?

Old May 23rd, 2011, 11:46 AM   #9
clintalmighty
ninjette.org member

Name: Clint

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r 2009 Honda CBR600RR

Hot bike! That's what I want. The only thing is, some say it is dead in thelow-mid range, however, coming from a 250 and not another 600, I will still probably be enamored by the power. I know you dropped it off to get it tuned up, but how does it feel? Is it tame until you open it up? Or is it ball-to-the-wall awesome power from the get go compared to the ninja 250? I can't wait till i find a good used one that I can't resist the price on, so I can get one for myself.
clintalmighty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 23rd, 2011, 01:15 PM   #10
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by splittrain View Post
i will be on mostly R6 forums
R6forum sucks!

Congrats on the new ride
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 23rd, 2011, 03:42 PM   #11
splittrain
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKr1 View Post
R6forum sucks!
Lol. have you tried R6Messagenet.com or R6live.com? theres a lot!

Old May 23rd, 2011, 03:47 PM   #12
splittrain
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintalmighty View Post
Hot bike! That's what I want. The only thing is, some say it is dead in thelow-mid range, however, coming from a 250 and not another 600, I will still probably be enamored by the power. I know you dropped it off to get it tuned up, but how does it feel? Is it tame until you open it up? Or is it ball-to-the-wall awesome power from the get go compared to the ninja 250? I can't wait till i find a good used one that I can't resist the price on, so I can get one for myself.
its tame until you open up. you must get used to the new power of just a bit of throttle. Once I picked it up after the Craigslist meet up, I took her to a parking lot and realized that it is so much less "flickable" than the 250. I always heard Mordeth13 talk about this and I didnt believe him. But you better! Its a heavier bike but once you get used to it im sure you will do fine. Its a lot easier to drive at higher speeds (highway driving) and easier to maintain that speed. The riding position is much different. Think having clipons for the 250, but multiply that by 2 or 3. Its much more aggressive. Its almost hard to let go of the handlebars and hold your torso upright. I am fairly athletic and I was having a hard time, Now I know why they say to tell sportbike passengers to rest their hands on the TANK at red lights rather than leaning on you. :P

Old May 23rd, 2011, 04:34 PM   #13
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

Motorcycle(s): Current: '11 ZX-6R; Previous: '09 Ninjette; '08 ZX-6R (Ex-Wife '09 TU250X)

You need to use your core muscles more. Grip the tank with your legs and utilize those stomach and back muscles you have. It keeps the weight off of your wrists and allows you to control the bike with less effort. Right now it sounds like you might be holding your weight with your arms and using your arms to steer, throttle, clutch and brake.

Push-ups, sit-ups, and squats will help your core out with minimal time investment if you need to strengthen them up a bit. It's a good idea to stay in shape when riding sportbikes anyway.

Old May 23rd, 2011, 04:44 PM   #14
splittrain
ninjette.org member

Quote:
You need to use your core muscles more. Grip the tank with your legs and utilize those stomach and back muscles you have. It keeps the weight off of your wrists and allows you to control the bike with less effort. Right now it sounds like you might be holding your weight with your arms and using your arms to steer, throttle, clutch and brake.

Push-ups, sit-ups, and squats will help your core out with minimal time investment if you need to strengthen them up a bit. It's a good idea to stay in shape when riding sportbikes anyway.
Wow maybe im just completely not riding the right way. i never really grip the tank. My wrists hurt like a B after a while. How do prevent this on a sportbike? I mean its bound to happen because of the aggressive stance, im 6' tall btw

well i gues i can answer my own question.. i will try to lay off the wrists a bit

Old May 23rd, 2011, 04:54 PM   #15
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

I'm 6'2" and 270. Like I said, the next time you ride, USE your core muscles. If they are not strong, you will feel it and it will be a while before you can use them without defaulting to using your arms. I just happen to be someone who does a basic workout about 4 nights a week, so my core was strong from day one of riding.

I leaned forward as much as I could on my 250 as well, and used my core muscles so as to not put that weight directly on my wrists. Perhaps this is why I was already adjusted to the more aggressive position of the ZX. FWIW, I am not comfortable on cruisers as it seems to compress my spine sitting back like that.

Old May 23rd, 2011, 05:01 PM   #16
splittrain
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I'm 6'2" and 270. Like I said, the next time you ride, USE your core muscles. If they are not strong, you will feel it and it will be a while before you can use them without defaulting to using your arms. I just happen to be someone who does a basic workout about 4 nights a week, so my core was strong from day one of riding.

I leaned forward as much as I could on my 250 as well, and used my core muscles so as to not put that weight directly on my wrists. Perhaps this is why I was already adjusted to the more aggressive position of the ZX. FWIW, I am not comfortable on cruisers as it seems to compress my spine sitting back like that.
thanks for the tip! I lift about 3~4 times a week as well, but for what its worth Im only 167. Back in october i could only Bench 95 like 4 times LOL! now im up to 160 and moving up. I will def use them next time... now I just need to get a knee down.. lol

Old May 26th, 2011, 09:43 PM   #17
gogoKawi
ninjette.org sage

Name: Dre

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300, 2008 ZX6, 2011 Ninja 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by splittrain View Post
word. are you on DCSB?
Nah. That site is a bit too hectic for me. I'm on the meetup.com site though. There a couple of real cool groups there. And the rides are fantastic. If you are into sport touring rides, that's the site for you.
gogoKawi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 13th, 2011, 05:14 PM   #18
ricochet08
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ross

Motorcycle(s): 2007 ninja ex500, 2010 Ninja 250r, 2004 zzr600, 2003 CBR600rr, 2013 Ninja 300...in that order :D

nice!

too bad i sold my gameboy otherwise i'd go play some pokemon
ricochet08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 13th, 2011, 05:30 PM   #19
cerberusrex25
Accesories Guru

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): '99 EX250(Cafe/fighter project)

iLOL'd, congrats on the new bike and be safe.
cerberusrex25 is offline   Reply With Quote