ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Group Rides and Local Events

Old April 29th, 2014, 08:48 AM   #1
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Dirt riding in West Central PA come join me!

So There is a trail system not to far from me that I plan on hitting up a good bit this year. Check it out below. Looks like $20 for a day pass which is pretty decent. I will just get a season pass for myself at $125 I can't pass it up

I plan on doing lots of Friday afternoon riding and weekend riding so if anyone is interested and wants to get dirty with me let me know. I only have one larger dirtbike right now so it would be nice if you have your own ride but I might be able to borrow a bike if someone doesn't have a dirt bike but is interested. It would be a more tame bike like a cr230f but still plenty capable bike and fun.

Just looking at the trails on google maps has me all giddy They open this weekend I need to get my crap organized

http://www.mountainridgeatvtrails.com/

link to google map satellite view because I can never embed maps IDFK?

https://goo.gl/maps/Zk6ZH

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 4th, 2014, 02:28 AM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Did you make it out?

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 4th, 2014, 08:47 AM   #3
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Did you make out?

Old May 4th, 2014, 05:57 PM   #4
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
Unfortunately not this week, but next week for sure. It was rainy all day yesterday here which i guess is not an excuse when dirt riding but i needed to spend some quality time with the family as i have been pretty busy the last few weeks and weekends.

+ I need to get a few things organized yet. I forgot to pick up my pre mix container and my 2 stroke oil from where i was keeping my bike for winter. I should be pro active and change the oil as well since the bike has a fairly new top and bottom end.

Ill probably take my mobius camera along to play with it as i have not used it for much yet since i got it. but on the dirt bike i can't have a charging system so i will be limited to battery life. So i should have a little bit of vid to show after i figure out what to do with it.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.

Old May 10th, 2014, 12:02 PM   #5
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
Made it to the trails today. Awesome!!

Rain held off for the most part a little here and there but for the most part the dirt was nice and tacky from the little bit of rain we got last night.

Not a ton of trails per say but the way it is laid out there is more than enough to keep you busy for the day. The majority of the trails are 1 way trails which i like, not having to worry about head on collisions in tight sections where visibility is short is a great feeling.

That being said you can get on a trail and be on that trail for a good 20 minutes and that's riding at a decent clip. There will be a few intersections here and there that you can jump onto other trails and there are gravel roads that go through the entire area because of the windmills in the area. One bad thing about 1 way trails is if you get on a trail by mistake or you decide you don't want to go on it... you are kinda stuck on it until you hit an intersection.

Not a ton of people there today, which is great IMO, i only came up behind 1 group of quads the whole morning and seen a few groups on the main roads.

Great mix of trails! The green/easy trails are a blast as you can fly on them pretty good with little worry other than occasional stray volleyball sized rock. Lots of the turns on these trails have nice burms which is atypical at a trail system with lots of quads.

Some of the black trails are intense, some serious enduro trails with tons of mud and boulders. Good stuff.

Had a few "hill climbs" Hill climbing is something i do a good bit and have hit up some seriously hard climbs, some i have not ever made yet and the "hill climbs" here are pretty tame. Though there were a few tight and technical ones that i really liked. Made them all first shot, and only one that i didn't make on a try or two but rider error and poor line choice was to blame.

They have 1 "MX track" i use that term lightly, it was more of like a death trap but was expected. You can't keep quads and inexperienced riders off of the track and therefore all the jumps get grooved, rounded and just generally messed up. Still fun though. There was a small little trackish section i found that did have a nice table top jump that was fun. Good jump, and a good landing.

All and all it was a great day, had fun, no injuries, the bike ran pretty good. Unfortunately i did notice when i got home that i put a nice dent in my next to new fancy clutch cover I only put the bike down twice really that i can think of, once on the hill climb and once on a really muddy section when my back just slid due to engine braking at low speed and i couldn't catch with my foot as it slipped out as well

Hopefully nothing is touching inside ad it is all good. I have a replacement but it isn't fancy

Offer still stands, anyone interested in hooking up and riding PM me.

I think you might be able to MTB there as well which would be cool i did notice some single track in a few areas

I got lots of video but i am the type of person that doesn't have time to mess with cameras ect... so i slapped it on my helmet the best place i could find and pushed record. So the angle is kinda crappy, pointed to far down. can't see far enough ahead. When i get a chance i will go through vid and maybe select a few parts to put together.

time will tell

I'm beat

Last futzed with by subxero; May 11th, 2014 at 04:44 AM.

Old May 10th, 2014, 11:05 PM   #6
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 6th, 2014, 07:55 AM   #7
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
Offer still stands

here is link to some vid from this weekends little spin out

https://www.ninjette.org/forums/show...76&postcount=1