Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old March 30th, 2011, 04:45 PM   #1
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
Aerostich Roadcrafter

I've got a chance to buy an only used twice Aerostich Roadcrafter in my size, in just the color combo I wanted, for a fraction of the usually outrageous price. I've wanted a Roadcrafter for years, and one is dropping in my lap.

My question is: do any of you live in warm weather climates and use one? Hawaii, California, India, etc? I'm probably going to jump on the deal regardless, but I'm worried that it will be too hot to use in the warm weather here in the Caribbean. With little on underneath and strategically unzipped, is it functional in 80-90 degree heat?

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 30th, 2011, 05:10 PM   #2
kkim

it's warm at stops, but once you're moving it's fine. yes, it's a bit bulky and heavy, but I wouldn't own anything else after owning no less than 3 sets in the last 20 yrs.

I ride with a T-shirt and reinforced riding jeans under it. With all the zippers opened for cooling, it can be downright breezy at times.

go for it. I highly doubt you will regret it and even if you do, you could always resell it. Very much worth buying new... even more so if you've stumbled upon a used set that will fit you.

Just in case you need it altered, you can send it back to AS and they will do altering (for a fee).

what color combo?
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 30th, 2011, 05:13 PM   #3
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
it's warm at stops, but once you're moving it's fine. yes, it's a bit bulky and heavy, but I wouldn't own anything else after owning no less than 3 sets in the last 20 yrs.

I ride with a T-shirt and reinforced riding jeans under it. With all the zippers opened for cooling, it can be downright breezy at times.

go for it. I highly doubt you will regret it and even if you do, you could always resell it. Very much worth buying new... even more so if you've stumbled upon a used set that will fit you.

Just in case you need it altered, you can send it back to AS and they will do altering (for a fee).

what color combo?
The gray/silver with black like in the pic. 25th anniversary edition, if that means anything other than a nice little label.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake

Old March 30th, 2011, 05:16 PM   #4
kkim

lol... same as I have, but got mine before they were an anniversary fad item.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 30th, 2011, 06:38 PM   #5
tiggen
ninjette.org guru

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 2003 250

I own one and wore it on a cross country trip. Started in the SE in August. It was hot, but there are plenty of zips to dump the heat. Great suit! One of the two best pieces of gear I bought specifically for the trip.
tiggen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2012, 04:17 PM   #6
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
I Finally Did It

Well, I passed up the original offer after a consultation with Aerostich on sizing (and lots of very personal measurements) led to the conclusion that the 42 on offer wasn't quite right. Aerostich recommended for perfect fit that I go for a 40L with an extra back panel sewn in. Rather than fall into their trap and order one custom at $950, I've been waiting for one at these exact (very hard to find) specs to drop in my lap at a good value and hope it wasn't too used.

After checking the net nearly daily for a year, I found one to spec that has only been worn twice, offered at less than 1/2 price. So I pulled the trigger and am now the proud owner of an Aerostich Roadcrafter, cobalt blue and black. Color isn't quite right for my Kawi Green ninjette, but getting a Roadcrafter at under 1/2 price in new condition at my exact Aerostich size was too good to pass up.

I'll post picks (with my clashing Kawi Green Helmet) soon. Should be a great, bombproof commuter, particularly once I get back to the US from Barbados. Couldn't be happier. Of all the gear I've ever had, and I've had a lot, probably the single best piece. I'll be commuting in the rain starting tomorrow.

Last futzed with by gfloyd2002; March 21st, 2012 at 05:49 PM.

Old March 21st, 2012, 08:13 PM   #7
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote