ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Old August 29th, 2011, 03:09 AM   #1
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

Name: aj

Motorcycle(s): Red 09 Ninja 250r aka Sheila (RIP), Red '10 Ninja 250r aka Sasha (Sold), White '13 Ninja 300 (To be Purchased)

DMP and powersportparts.net

I just placed an order on powersportsparts.net. I haven't heard anything about them so I'll report back on their service. They're prices we're really good.

I ordered a DMP(Dynamic Moto Power) Fender elim, and DMP integrated tail light. Together they came out to $131.23. (free shipping)

I haven't seen too much on DMP on here so I'm going to try to put together some documentation on the parts and installation for you guys.

They should be here in 5-7 days (business days I guess). They're shipping from TX i believe, I'm in New York.

Whenever I'm looking for parts I always appreciate it when you guys give reviews of the parts and vendors so I hope this can help someone else.

Old August 29th, 2011, 11:07 AM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

/moved to marketplace area

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 29th, 2011, 12:33 PM   #3
GreenNinja123
ninjette.org member

Name: N/A

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

looking forward for your reviews/DIY on those parts as I am looking for fender kit as well. maybe even the taillights, but I'll see as I kinda want to keep the stock signals.
GreenNinja123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 29th, 2011, 09:52 PM   #4
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

Motorcycle(s): Red 09 Ninja 250r aka Sheila (RIP), Red '10 Ninja 250r aka Sasha (Sold), White '13 Ninja 300 (To be Purchased)

1. Thanks Alex (=
2. I strongly believe that the DMP fender is (exactly) the same as the B2 and the Shogun Fender eliminator kits.
3. I also believe that the DMP tail light is the same as the Shogun and if not the same then very similar to the Bike Monkey Tail light.
But there are prices differences so they may also be very different.

@GreenNinja123 - I plan on keeping my stock signals in the rear as well in addition to the integrated signals on the tail light.

Old August 30th, 2011, 03:15 PM   #5
GreenNinja123
ninjette.org member

you got a direct link to that tail light you are refering to?
I can only find the DMP fender kit off that site it seems..

Old August 31st, 2011, 11:49 PM   #6
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

1. The pictures are wrong on the site as far as Bike listed vs Image goes.
2. It seems that they have raised their prices on both of these products since I've purchased them (see Image) but my prices remained the same.
3. They shipped today, should be here 5-7 days (free shipping)

with that said here are the links. check the links vs my order invoice image. strange how the prices changed so suddenly... no discount code was used either...

Fender Elim:
https://www.powersportparts.net/Prod...Code=71-2120BK

Tail Light:
https://www.powersportparts.net/Prod...tCode=71-2220S
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shipped info.jpg (68.4 KB, 9 views)

Old September 1st, 2011, 07:42 AM   #7
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

Only $81 at motorcycle-superstore. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...50R-Parts.aspx

Old September 1st, 2011, 08:23 AM   #8
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CThunder-blue View Post
Yea but look at the price that I bought it for 2 days earlier... why would they have raised the prices like that??

I may contact them about it out of my own curiosity.

Either way, i will be providing a review of my experience with them and reviews of both DMP products, maybe DIY's as well.

I am also looking to determine if the products are the same/similiar to products made by B2, Shogun, and Bikemonkey (potentially same manufacturer, different brand name). So I will be posting lots of pictures and am going to need some feed back and opinions.

Old September 1st, 2011, 08:44 AM   #9
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

Bikemonkey has different interior LED pattern, but maybe made by the same chinese factory. Not sure what you mean by

Quote:
Yea but look at the price that I bought it for 2 days earlier... why would they have raised the prices like that??

Old September 1st, 2011, 01:48 PM   #10
GreenNinja123
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Bikemonkey has different interior LED pattern, but maybe made by the same chinese factory. Not sure what you mean by
he got both parts for total of like $130
now just the tail light is showing 90bucks.
it's not a deal at that price for sure, many other sites sell the same or at least similar light for under $80bucks.

Old September 1st, 2011, 09:52 PM   #11
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
I'm looking to confirm that the interior led patterns are different. But i havent found any hard proof online. My curiosity has gotten the best of me.

As you can see in the invoice i posted i got a much better deal on those two products than what theyre going for now... again my curiosity is getting to me and I may question them on it...

ps.
scheduled for early delivery 9/6 tuesday

Old September 2nd, 2011, 10:59 PM   #12
Momaru
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

FWIW, the Amazon pic of the DMP tail light looks exactly like my Bikemonkey.

Curious to see real photos, etc.

Old September 3rd, 2011, 02:58 PM   #13
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momaru View Post
FWIW, the Amazon pic of the DMP tail light looks exactly like my Bikemonkey.

Curious to see real photos, etc.
Only as far as housing and external wiring goes. But this was one of the reasons that led me to begin this adventure(price difference is decently big though so there could be differences in QA or even internal functions). There will be many photos and documentation to come.

Old September 4th, 2011, 03:19 PM   #14
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

http://www.starcycle-usa.com/servlet...50R-DMP/Detail

good price - less than what i paid
havent dealt with them but figured i'd post this up incase the tail light turns out to be somewhat decent.

Old September 6th, 2011, 04:22 PM   #15
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

Package arrived today 5 minutes after I asked my mom if UPS came.

First of all.. for $130 you would expect a massive box sitting on my front steps. But both products combined into one box still makes for a tiny box. I don't understand the logic behind the prices, especially for a fender elim ( 2 pieces of metal). For some reason the ninja 250 has very expensive parts relative to other bikes....

Pictures to come! Analysis and reviews as well! installations and DIY's when the rain stops! The tail light seems just like the bike monkey and the fender elim is just like the b2 (from what i can tell) But i hope to get your opinions based off my pictures soon!

Old September 6th, 2011, 08:12 PM   #16
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

PowerSportParts.net Review

First time using powersportparts.net and first time ever hearing of them. Their prices are good but for some reason changed right after I placed my order. (I was charged the original prices I saw, no email stating any type of errors or typos were made, so I assume the original prices were intentional)

Processing and shipping were fine. Shipped to my house in about a week, arrived one day earlier than expected. 3lbs shipped UPS ground from Texas. Gave me confirmation and tracking number for the package.

The packaging was a little off to me. Seemed as if a chimp could have done a better job. Fairly unprofessional in my opinion. Not sure if the package was butchered en route or if it was never well put together to begin with. But the taping alone lacks any sort of special care. Everything arrived undamaged though.

Pretty good experience overall. Their website was fairly easy to maneuver and for one reason or another I got a pretty good deal on my parts although the prices don't seem to be consistent. They only charged me what the prices were when I placed the order. Maybe that's when they noticed their prices were low.

See pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3507.jpg (102.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3508.jpg (77.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3509.jpg (85.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3510.jpg (82.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3511.jpg (74.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3512.jpg (86.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3513.jpg (83.3 KB, 5 views)

Old September 6th, 2011, 08:31 PM   #17
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

DMP Integrated Tail Light Overview (Smoke)

While searching for a decently priced, neat looking integrated tail light for my '10 250 I came across a few models that looked remarkably similar while maintaining different price ranges. These included Bike Monkey, Sho Gun, B2 Industries, and Dynamic Moto Power (DMP). Here is my overview of the DMP integrated taillight pre-install. Keep in mind i ordered the Smoke colored version.

I've carefully taken pictures of just about everything I could, making sure to take note of the LED arrangements, wire connectors, and any other sort of markings or 'unique' aspects.

Notice the led's around the perimeter in sets of 2. I also believe there are 5 individual LED lights spaced out through the center section as well. And the "clip-like" markings on the left and right sides. I would like to use features like these to help me, and anyone else who is curious, compare this model to the models I mentioned and maybe others I have yet to find.

And for the record the lifted writing on the front reads "12V2/1W E4 50R-001493"

The quality is good (haven't tested it yet), but it is clean cut and in good condition.

DIY Install to come w/ pictures and possibly a video of install process and final working product for quality assessment purpose.

There is no set of directions, and I do not see a website reference for instructions. The Fender Elim referenced two websites which I will check later for Tail Light Instructions.

Here are my pictures. For anyone looking to buy this model(or is curious about similarities) and would like different angles, feel free to request them, preferably sooner than later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3518.jpg (64.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3520.jpg (82.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3525.jpg (90.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3526.jpg (82.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3528.jpg (100.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3529.jpg (95.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3530.jpg (72.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3534.jpg (72.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3557.jpg (55.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3558.jpg (72.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3561.jpg (93.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3563.jpg (95.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3565.jpg (91.5 KB, 2 views)

Old September 6th, 2011, 08:53 PM   #18
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

DMP Fender Eliminator Kit Overview

While searching for a Fender Eliminator Kit for my '10 250 I found that a few fender eliminator models were similar. These models being B2 Industries, Sho Gun, and Dynamic Moto Power(DMP). I am curious to see if anyone has any of these models and can verify their similarities.

It consists of two metal pieces and a bag of potentially excessive nuts and bolts and washers. Some parts of the metal pieces are a little scratched, but barely noticible. The metal pieces are uniformly black and fairly sturdy. I was barely able to flex the metal pieces using both hands and a fair amount of force. I feel like it may be a little too thick and "metal-y" compared to the plastic undertail of the bike as it is now, but atleast they seem firm and solid.

I will post up my install process with pictures and maybe a video DIY.

The packaging says
"Laser Cut Steel"
"Satic Black Powder Coat Finish"
"Instructions at www.moto911.com"

Also, a sticker on the packaging says the product name, the bike type and
"Made in USA"
"Instructions at www.dmp-parts.com"

So there are no paper instructions but apparently two online locations for installation I have yet to look at. Check them out for further information until my DIY install.

Here are the photos out of the package, please let me know if you have any of the above mentioned models as I am curious for comparison purposes. Photos like these were unavailable to me while I was doing my shopping and I hope these can be useful to someone in my situation in the future.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3513.jpg (83.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3516.jpg (125.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3524.jpg (109.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3535.jpg (113.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3537.jpg (128.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3538.jpg (85.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3544.jpg (121.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3546.jpg (85.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3548.jpg (80.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3541.jpg (116.8 KB, 2 views)

Old September 8th, 2011, 08:11 PM   #19
areion457
ninjette.org member

Name: Diego

Motorcycle(s): Black 2011 Ninja 250R

Thumbs up

Looks nice! Any reason you went with the DMP over the B2 Industries one (aside from the fact that you also ordered the integrated tail light)? I'm looking to get a fender eliminator myself and was considering the B2 Industries one.

areion457 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 9th, 2011, 03:56 PM   #20
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

I'm installing the fender elim now using their online instructions.

I went with DMP because I couldn't see a difference, and the site i used to order the tail light had the DMP fender elim

Old September 23rd, 2011, 06:59 PM   #21
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

Bikes done, looks good. I left my screw driver bit in the bike somewhere =/

Computer crashed a week ago, in addition to ruining my ipod, I almost lost everything. After a week of futzing around with disk images im back and running exactly where it crashed.

Plenty of images to come. IMO the parts i bought are exactly the same as the other products i mentioned.

Tail light looks awesome with fender elim.

I also put together my own "plug n play" connectors to include stock turn signal functionality as well. One of my first electrical projects, so im still learning, but it came out good. Plenty of pics on the way

Old September 23rd, 2011, 07:00 PM   #22
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

Bikes done, looks good. I left my screw driver bit in the bike somewhere =/

Computer crashed a week ago, in addition to ruining my ipod, I almost lost everything. After a week of futzing around with disk images im back and running exactly where it crashed.

Plenty of images to come. IMO the parts i bought are exactly the same as the other products i mentioned.

Tail light looks awesome with fender elim.

I also put together my own "plug n play" connectors to include stock turn signal functionality as well. One of my first electrical projects, so im still learning, but it came out good. Plenty of pics on the way

Old September 24th, 2011, 07:50 AM   #23
areion457
ninjette.org member

Name: Diego

Motorcycle(s): Black 2011 Ninja 250R

Sounds awesome. Can't wait to see the pics and the DIY you mentioned Thinking about ordering the eliminator and integrator
areion457 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 26th, 2011, 10:07 PM   #24
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

Final Product Fitment and Function (FE + Int LED TL)

Hey all,

Sorry for the delays, I have had a lot going on lately. The parts are finally installed on my bike and here are some pictures. There will be brief DIY's on the install (I say brief because most of the work was taking the tail apart) and also a DIY for how I kept the stock turn signals in addition to the integrated LED signals with a no-cut plug N Play mod.

DMP Fender Eliminator
IMO It looks great, easy to install(No-cut), and cheaper than most other kits. It's solid material and hangs the plate in a good position right under the tail. Also has brackets for the stock signals if you choose to keep them. The only bad thing I could possibly say would be that it lines up awkwardly with the fairings under the tail But that's only because I'm looking for con's, It's not something you could see unless u put your head under there. For the record, I installed the reflector bolts on my license plate because i had them (they did not come with the FE kit), I might not keep all of them on there.
Take a look at the pics and tell me what you think!

DMP Integrated LED Tail Light
The light looks just like most other integrated tail lights. Put about 150mi on so far with it and it's working just the way it should. It fits just like the stock tail light and is as simple of an install as removing the stock light and putting this one in its place. Getting the turn signals to work can be a bit of a puzzle depending on how you want to wire you signals (ie keeping stock signals). I didn't get any before and after comparison shots unfortunately, but the only thing in my mind is that the LED's seem super bright when you're looking at them, but I often don't see any of the surrounding objects light up from the bike, so its hard to tell if its lighting up when I'm stopping, but that may be because i bought the "smoke" version which is darker. It is certainly more noticeable than the stock light though. I installed a custom mod to keep the stock signals as well, which was easy to do once I figured out the best way to do it. Take a look at the pics, I love the light and with the price I paid, I couldn't be happier.
PS.
Yes, all my work and photos were done outside at night in my only free time, bet the neighbors loved the drill goin at 2am

PPS.
I also have a video of the tail light in action if anyones interested I can upload it to youtube.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3727.jpg (101.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3729.jpg (125.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3730.jpg (82.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3731.jpg (80.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3733.jpg (80.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3734.jpg (64.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3736.jpg (55.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3741.jpg (69.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3742.jpg (45.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3743.jpg (77.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3744.jpg (112.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3745.jpg (51.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3747.jpg (52.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3749.jpg (47.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3750.jpg (52.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3751.jpg (48.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3752.jpg (63.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3755.jpg (45.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3756.jpg (39.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3758.jpg (62.5 KB, 1 views)

Old September 26th, 2011, 11:06 PM   #25
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

Stock Signal + INT SIGNAL MOD

I wanted to keep my stock rear signals in addition to the integrated signals(for now) because they create more visiability and in case the integrated signals don't pass inspection.

I put together a plug N play kit that allowed me to use the stock connectors to connect both sets of signals in a manner that allowed for easy removal if necessary and does not require cutting of any stock wiring. This mod should work for most integrated tail lights, but will definitely work for DMP and BikeMonkey.

You will need an electronic flasher relay for LED turn signals. This information can be found ALL OVER the forum. Please search.

ALWAYS DISCONNECT YOUR BATTERY BEFORE DOING ANY ELECTRICAL WORK TO YOUR BIKE

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Supplies:
Extra set of stock connectors from EasternBeaver.com (by set I mean 2 male and female pieces with terminals)
http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/El...onnectors.html

Two different Colored wires, one for hot and one for ground ( I use 16 gauge green for hot and black for ground.

.110 Female Connectors (the terminals on the int tail light are .110, these were a little hard to find but Autozone had them)

Insulated/weather proof butt connectors (probably the smallest ones 16-22 gauge)

Heat Shrink

Wire Stripper AND Crimper
-----------------------------------------------------------------

We have to make two sets, one for left and one for right. I will walk through creating one set, just do the same thing twice but make sure the .50 connectors match the male to the female, it seems as if they have specific corresponding mates as they have to fit a certain way.

Step 1:
Cut 6 inches of wire for your ground
Cut 3 inches of wire for your hot THREE (3) times.
= 1 6inch ground and 3 3inch hot

Step 2:
Strip about a 1/4 Inch from one end of the ground and one end of ONE hot wire. Connect the .50 FEMALE terminals (the square like metal pieces) by crimping the terminals to the wires.

Step 3:
Strip about 1/4 Inch from the other end of the ground wire and a DIFFERENT hot wire. Connect the .50 MALE terminals (the long pointed like metal pieces) by crimping the terminals to the wires.

Step 4:
Strip about a 1/4 Inch from THE LAST hot wire and connect the .110 female connector by inserting the wire and crimping the connector shut.

Step 5:
Strip about 1/4Inch from the hot wire with the .50 MALE terminal.
Strip about 1/4 Inch from the hot wire with the .110 connector.
Twist the exposed wires together and insert into one end of the butt connector. Crimp shut. (TWO wires in ONE side of the connector)

Step 6:Strip about 1/4 Inch from the hot wire with the .50 FEMALE terminal and insert in the open end of the butt connector and crimp shut.

Step 7:
Insert the .50 MALE terminals into the back of the plastic FEMALE CONNECTOR. One should be hot and one should be ground ***MAKE SURE THE GROUND AND HOT MATCH UP WITH THE STOCK WIRING(ie hot on left and ground on right)***

Step 8:
Insert the .50 FEMALE terminals in the back of the plastic MALE CONNECTOR.
Connect the .110 terminal from the tail light into the .110 female connector. It will be a tight fit but it will lock into place. Cover with heat shrink and heat.

Step 9:
Unplug the stock signals Connectors and connect the mod in between.

Make sure all the wires match with stock and that all the connectors are connecting the terminals.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

You have essentially extended the stock wiring (hot an ground) but have included a butt connector to include the integrate LED turn signals in the tail light as well. The stock wires remain untouched.

If you need to remove the stock signals just unplug them from the back of the mod kit. If you need to remove the Integrated signals, you can just remove the whole kit. (or remove the heatshrink and disconnect the .110 connector from the terminal)

Run the tail light LED signal wires down the side of the frame between the tail piece and tuck everything in the area between the front and rear seats.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3675.jpg (119.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3677.jpg (80.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3687.jpg (74.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3690.jpg (76.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3691.jpg (65.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3694.jpg (101.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3695.jpg (88.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3696.jpg (70.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3701.jpg (66.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3702.jpg (85.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3705.jpg (58.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3711.jpg (80.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3716.jpg (71.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3725.jpg (60.2 KB, 2 views)

Old October 8th, 2011, 08:58 AM   #26
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

DIY's Installs can be posted in anyone's interested. It's mostly simple and would be worth writing them up unless someone was curious. The posts above are the more interesting aspects to my installs. I would imagine these would apply to any of the products I mentioned earlier because they seem to be the same product going by different brands.