ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old May 9th, 2012, 03:58 PM   #1
Pacemaker
Pace

Name: Steven

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250r SE

Unhappy Turn Signal Problems

hey all i just did the diy flushmount signals for the front, so all the wiring and resistance is the same, but now when i turn my right signal on the front flashes and both my rear lights flash, and when i turn on the left none of the lights come on. I have Led's in the rear if that means anything. And they were working fine before i modded the front. Thoghts plz thanks.
Pacemaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 9th, 2012, 04:03 PM   #2
xSean13
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

Did you get a new relay for them?
xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 9th, 2012, 04:10 PM   #3
Pacemaker
Pace

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSean13 View Post
Did you get a new relay for them?
I got the electronic flasher relay yea, and theyve worked fine for weeks, but today after i flushmounted them they **** up. But theyre still the stock front lights, so i shouldnt have to do the diode thing

Old May 9th, 2012, 04:13 PM   #4
xSean13
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

Ohh I see, the "diy" flushmounts, modifying the stock ones. I originally had turn signal issues; I opened up the signals and found that the two metal connections on the back of the bulb were either reversed or loose. Perhaps during the modification one came loose or something? Idk much about electrical stuff though.
xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 9th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #5
Pacemaker
Pace

Ive checked all the connections and im sure theyre all right, idk if its possible when i was sanding them down maybe i sanded a component off? but i doubt it

Old May 9th, 2012, 06:56 PM   #6
exarch
ninjette.org member

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250r

Diode kit on the front and a new LED relay does the trick

it'll run you under $40 shipped for both from customled.com
Posted via Mobile Device
exarch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 10th, 2012, 07:59 AM   #7
Pacemaker
Pace

I figured it out, apparently when i was sanding down the front signal insert the vibration must have messed the bulb up, i switched it with another bulb and it works fine now

Old May 15th, 2012, 01:11 AM   #8
ansabolic
..as why hard.

Name: Ansonn

Motorcycle(s): 2004 ninja EX250F

Signal problem shooting

I am currently experiencing a similar problem. I have (cat eye) front LED blinkers on the front, the rear is currently stock. With the stock flasher, everything ran fine, for over a year. I while working on a gas tank repair, I decided to convert to street fighter for the time being. I took this opportunity to change the connectors to my front blinkers. After that was complete, it worked for a while, then later that day, all signals completely failed, nothing turns on. I checked the wiring, all is good. I went ahead and odrered a new flasher-relay; but I was just wondering....

-would the size of the connectors and gauge of the wire have an affect on electronic performance? Would it be possible that (if it does affect) that it could have contributed to blowing the flasher?

Anything would be much appreciated!
ansabolic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 15th, 2012, 04:40 PM   #9
Pacemaker
Pace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansabolic View Post
I am currently experiencing a similar problem. I have (cat eye) front LED blinkers on the front, the rear is currently stock. With the stock flasher, everything ran fine, for over a year. I while working on a gas tank repair, I decided to convert to street fighter for the time being. I took this opportunity to change the connectors to my front blinkers. After that was complete, it worked for a while, then later that day, all signals completely failed, nothing turns on. I checked the wiring, all is good. I went ahead and odrered a new flasher-relay; but I was just wondering....

-would the size of the connectors and gauge of the wire have an affect on electronic performance? Would it be possible that (if it does affect) that it could have contributed to blowing the flasher?

Anything would be much appreciated!
gauge of wire and connectors shouldnt effect the resistance so that should be fine, i would either say its the relay, or check your stock bulbs to make sure they havent burned out, thats what happened to me, sometimes when wiring them back you can recieve a surge of power that blows them.

Old May 19th, 2012, 11:20 PM   #10
ansabolic
..as why hard.

Name: Ansonn

Motorcycle(s): 2004 ninja EX250F

Thanks, I ended up changing the wires and connectors. I double checked the fuse box and found a HAIRLINE gap in a Blown fuse =\.
Everything is now working properly =]