ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old March 7th, 2023, 02:17 AM   #1
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I guess I'll try selling again !

Well, sense the RX4 sold so fast I figured I'ed try selling the 2003 Honda Forman Quad..... I have no paperwork at all on it so the most I can do is give a bill of sale for it. but I do not like quads at all...never have and this one is no different... it's like brand new though, but it's more like a fast moving tractor to me than a fun toy ! I tried to sell it last year for $4000. and had a few people
ask about it.... and I almost traded it for a KLR650 but the guy backed out of that deal....
so I really want it gone so I decided to lower the price to $3500 and explain in the add that I have no paperwork at all on it from the get go....
and I've already gotten 3 inquiries on it !
so I went to the gas station and got $21.00 of gas in a 5 gallon can and I'll
put some gas in it tomorrow and fire it up or find out why it won't !
I have a car battery that I have been using to start it and the lawn tractor
but I'm sure it's dead by now so I have it on the charger over night !
One of the interested guys said he had a 2001 XR650L Honda and would I be interested and I said Yes ! so we shall see what happens first.
I told him to bring the bike and come look and we will discuss it ! LOL (just what I need ...Right ? HAHAHA)
but an XR650L is a lighter bike you need a ladder to get on it but that can be changed..... and they are license's able....

I had a 1989 XR650L that I had lowered so I could actually ride it and that worked out ok.... I'ed still have it if it hadn't melted in the Ranch fire about 4~5 years ago. I can't help but wonder what changes they made over the years though..... as far as I know they have kept them all the same with only changes to the plastics ! the basic bike has stayed the same for the last decade !
anyhoo we'll see what happens in the next couple of weeks it might be interesting.
Bob.......

Old March 8th, 2023, 10:07 PM   #2
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Well, that was fast.... I sold the Quad today and have a lead on a XR650L
to boot....
...for the XR650L I am fairly sure I will get it... but he's busy this week and there is quite a bit of snow on the ground so we talked it over and we decided to put it off a while and let the snow melt !
I'll probably go get it in a week or two and start fixing it up, it will need alot of work I have no doubt about that but ....it's a bike, I can do that for a bike ! HAHAHA....
We've had more snow this year than all the previous 4 years that we have been here .... it's kind'a weird !
.....my Modified pellet stove is working great though so I can't complain !
Bob........

Old March 9th, 2023, 09:10 AM   #3
thedrewski86
ninjette.org guru

Name: Drew

Motorcycle(s): 2007 SV650S 2005 EX250F

Good news on the sale, Bob! I guess yesterday was the best day of quad ownership, given the rule
The xr is such a cool bike, have fun with it. I would love to take one of those for a rip through my local canyon route. I doubt I'll be getting out this weekend though: more Winter is in the forecast.

Old March 24th, 2023, 07:57 PM   #4
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Strangely enough I've had the bike ( XR650L ) for at least a week now and haven't ridden it yet it's been too darn cold ! it was clear today so we went to the store... came back and was seeing the odd snow flake hit the wind shield
so I left the new battery on the 2 amp setting and left it on charge for another day ! (it's automatic and no fear of over charging.)
todays high was 41 degrees.... plus we had some wind and that wind is super cold !
it's been a really long cold winter this year !
I can't wait for Summer !

Bob.....

Old March 25th, 2023, 07:00 AM   #5
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Congratulations on the sale!
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 25th, 2023, 12:13 PM   #6
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Thanks Rick !!! I almost always loose money on motorcycles cars and boats
as I tend to be hard on them but not being at the Ranch anymore it's kind'a hard to be hard on stuff anymore....if ya know what I mean....
I have to drive up the road about 3~4 miles just to find a dirt road
and that just feels wrong to me.... that is a blaring mistake in the depths of my soul to not be where I can walk out the front door and keep walking out through the woods for days. but such is the situation I find myself in now
....in the past if I wanted to sell something it was almost impossible
no matter how cheap you made it.... the people just could not find our place.
you got real good at describing how to get to the ranch after a while
but Big city people just don't get the tires dirty on their cars ! so selling stuff when you live out in the boonies isn't something you have alot of experience at !....
however selling stuff here doesn't seem to be a problem...
Looks like Mt Shasta is completely hidden in the clouds today....
and it looks like she is throwing snow at us every once in a while...
maybe I should pack up the wife and take a vacation down to Florida where it's warmer for a week or so ! but that is a very long way to drive just for sunshine ! LOL hehehe we've never done that .... we could never afford to just drop everything and go on vacation....HA !
Bob......