ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old May 4th, 2012, 05:49 PM   #1
ubnewbie
ninjette.org member

Name: Frank

Motorcycle(s): none yet

Question Rear sets Question

Hi I'm a taller rider and I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to have rear sets installed

Do they raise your knee or do they sweep you feet back

I realize that rear sets are for a sportier stance and to raise the foot pegs for better ground Clearance

I don't have the 250 yet , And was wondering if anyone regrets installing them

Old May 4th, 2012, 10:51 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

/moved to farkles; not protective gear

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 4th, 2012, 11:54 PM   #3
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
They sweep your feet back.

They're a little uncomfortable for longer rides, but I don't regret installing my rearset adjusters.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 5th, 2012, 09:08 AM   #4
edxmon
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R (SOLD - 2/16/2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
They sweep your feet back.

They're a little uncomfortable for longer rides, but I don't regret installing my rearset adjusters.
hmm I was just thinking about rear sets. My legs are long enough so that my knees hit the widest part of the tank. Any way to lower my knees without losing clearance or having my feet way behind my butt?

Old May 5th, 2012, 10:49 AM   #5
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Not really. Lowering the pegs reduces ground clearance. Moving them back puts your feet back, but would likely get your knees a little lower on the tank.

There's a DIY on here for Buell blast pegs. Those lower the pegs a little.

Rearset adjusters move the pegs back and up.

If you did rearset adjusters and used the furthest forward holes to attach the rearsets, then used Buell pegs, you could likely get pegs that are the same height but back a little. That might be your best compromise.

Personally, further back is more comfortable. The rearsets in their stock position feel like a dirt bike to me. My adjusters are set at the lowest and furthest back position possible. If you did that with buell pegs, you could probably get pegs that didn't make you crunch up.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 5th, 2012, 11:44 AM   #6
edxmon
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Not really. Lowering the pegs reduces ground clearance. Moving them back puts your feet back, but would likely get your knees a little lower on the tank.

There's a DIY on here for Buell blast pegs. Those lower the pegs a little.

Rearset adjusters move the pegs back and up.

If you did rearset adjusters and used the furthest forward holes to attach the rearsets, then used Buell pegs, you could likely get pegs that are the same height but back a little. That might be your best compromise.

Personally, further back is more comfortable. The rearsets in their stock position feel like a dirt bike to me. My adjusters are set at the lowest and furthest back position possible. If you did that with buell pegs, you could probably get pegs that didn't make you crunch up.
thank you sire, I'll go look at that DIY right now. If I can lower my knees 1-2 inches the bike will literally feel perfect, right now my legs are spread too wide because my knees are above the tank indentations.

Old May 5th, 2012, 12:28 PM   #7
EsrTek

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): '13 300

Quote:
The rearsets in their stock position feel like a dirt bike to me.
Thought the same, but kinda like that too..

Op -- I scoot my arse back as far as I can, use the ball of foot, and that helps get better knee position for aggressive riding. Still have your knee hit tank to shift.
Just cruising around, my knees have gotten used to being at the widest part of tank. Again scooting but far back helps some, even when not crouching at all.
EsrTek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 5th, 2012, 01:38 PM   #8
edxmon
ninjette.org guru

I'm sitting on the bike now, and I think I would like the rearsets, but my right foot would almost have to touch the exhaust heat shield. Are there some that go that far back?