ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old January 9th, 2010, 05:58 PM   #1
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Check out this new motorcycle

This is a very different machine. Check out the video. www.wimp.com/ecomobiletests/
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 9th, 2010, 06:15 PM   #2
Samer
ninjette.org guru

Name: Samer

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE

Interesting link. My first impression is this thing is freakin UGLY

Have you seen "Worlds Fastest Indian"? That is a pretty bike. I forgot what they call the enclosed wheel fairing, but basically it is not much different from your link. There is a tiny wheel that pops out of those bikes at stand still, since you cant put your feet down.

I'd ride the Monroe Indian for sure because that thing just looks sick. Plus it would improve your gas milage and top speed dramatically.

One more thing, have you seen the Nissan "Land Glider" tilting car? That one, I think bridges the gap between car and motorcycle quite nicely.
Samer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 9th, 2010, 06:20 PM   #3
BlueRaven

Name: Lil One

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250 Black

OMG bubble on two wheels lol. wouldn't want the stabilizer wheels to malfunction though.

Old January 9th, 2010, 06:29 PM   #4
Sailariel

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

I agree with the ugly part. I looked at the technology and thought that it was sort of cool. Then again, I figure that this contraption would cost a mint. A Miata sports car would probably be as much fun. I did notice the abscence of gear--they were wearing seatbelts. Now if this rig is considered an MC, are not the rider and passenger required to wear a helmet in states like NY, etc? It should bring up some interesting questions.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 9th, 2010, 06:36 PM   #5
silver_bullet
ninjette.org member

Name: Seth

Motorcycle(s): 2003 YZF600R, 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Idk, I'd feel weird stopping and not putting my feet down with two wheels. Odd all around but a pretty neat invention none-the-less

Old January 9th, 2010, 06:52 PM   #6
greg737
-

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

I like it. Seems like you should wear a helmet though. It would be fun to test drive something like this when/if it comes to the U.S.

I think this thing has been around and in development for quite a while. I remember seeing a video of it at least 5 or 6 years ago.
greg737 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 9th, 2010, 07:42 PM   #7
Angel-be-Good
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, '11 Street Triple R

I've never seen this before, but no way it's new--Clarkson looks like a child!

It is intensely dorky on the outside, but I gotta admit that the shots from inside the cockpit, when the woman is driving Clarkson around, looks pretty awesome.

Old January 9th, 2010, 08:06 PM   #8
JaeL
Bike Thrasher

Name: JaeL

Motorcycle(s): 2008 EX250r

I think it would be scary to drive. I will feel like I didn't have any control relying on the arms to fall. The couple times I've dumped my bike I was uninjured because I was able to ditch the bike and roll.

Old January 9th, 2010, 08:24 PM   #9
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
That bike is very interesting. The stabilizers remind me of landing gear on airplanes.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 9th, 2010, 09:40 PM   #10
Méké
ninjette.org member

Name: Méké

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300 2013 SE , Ninja 2009 blue/Honda Nighthawk S 1985 blue

It's a different concept , maybe interesting for someones , l pass my turn ...
Méké is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 9th, 2010, 10:29 PM   #11
komohana

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 05 GSX-R 600 2003 EX250: Woodcraft Bars, Levers, Mirrors, Shim'd Mixture, Synthetic, '08 Rear Shock

it looks ... odd ok, but i wouldn't cast it off w/out a test run to see how she drives...what it takes to pilot. reminds me of them 3-wheeled things from the movie Demolition Man

Remember when sex was safe
and motorcycles were dangerous?
komohana is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 10th, 2010, 04:21 AM   #12
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

I remember seeing this like 10 yrs ago. Thought it was cool then and have looked for it since but this is the first I've been able to find of it. So it's actually not as new as you think. In fact there's a new one designed by a company called Acabio (just visited their website and it's currently under construction) that is 800hp, capable of 340mph with a range of 1000 miles. Or so it's claimed. So far there's no action video's of it, but here's one at least showing it:

Link to original page on YouTube.

The 3-wheel vehicle you speak of from Demolition Man is actually the GM Lean Machine. It was called that for 2 reasons. The vehicle was divided into two sections, the front passenger compartment and the rear drive-train compartment which were attached together by a hinge. The passenger compartment would 'lean' into the turns while the rear with 2 wheels would stay flat for maximum traction. I was also being designed with the idea of getting up to 200mpg.

You could have also seen it in person at the World of Motion pavilion in Epcot before it was turned into the GM Test Track.

The GM Lean Machine was developed by Frank Winchell of General Motors (USA) in the early 1980’s as a concept car. The single seater vehicle is a "lean" machine in the true sense of the word as it leans into corners like a motorcycle whilst keeping the stability of a normal car. The original model was powered by a 15 hp 2-cylinder engine that produced a maximum speed of 80 mph with a fuel economy of 80 mpg at 40 mph. Shortly afterwards a second model was produced that was powered by a larger 38 hp engine. With a total body weight of 159kg this gave the vehicle outstanding performance and the Lean Machine was able to reach 60 mph in just 6.8 seconds with a fuel economy of over 200 mpg.

For the futuristic 1993 movie "Demolition Man" starring Sylvestor Stalone and Wesley Snipes the GM Lean Machine was one of seventeen concept cars produced by General Motors to be featured in the film with an insurance value of $69 million.

sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 10th, 2010, 07:44 AM   #13
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

I'd never get in that contraption. Haha
Look at it wiggling down the road. Too scary.

Interesting video though. Thanks.

I think I saw a new version of a pimped out "lean machine" somewhere on discovery channel or something. Looked really cool. Like a cross between a baja buggy and the lean machine.
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 10th, 2010, 12:37 PM   #14
komohana

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 05 GSX-R 600 2003 EX250: Woodcraft Bars, Levers, Mirrors, Shim'd Mixture, Synthetic, '08 Rear Shock

cool..thanx mike

Remember when sex was safe
and motorcycles were dangerous?
komohana is offline   Reply With Quote