ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Items Wanted

Old May 30th, 2012, 12:47 PM   #1
rmorse
ninjette.org guru

Name: Bobby

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawi Ninja 250R, 2013 Honda CRF450R, 2008 Honda CRF250R, 2001 Honda XR400

Couple bolts (Fairing/body pieces and windshield)

Sup guys!

Looking for two fairing bolts. Specifically, the top ones by the gas tank (if that even matters). I also need their little rubber washer thing.

I'm also looking for something, but don't know what it is. I swapped my windshield to an aftermarket one. When I went to screw in the bolts, the top two went in fine. The bottom ones won't. There is literally nothing for them to screw in to. So, I need whatever it is I lost....maybe little nuts? I dunno. Help me out here.

The last thing is for under the passenger seat. If you take off the passenger seat, there are two bolts holding on the rear body pieces. One of those bolts are missing. I can get a picture if needed.

Hit me up!!!
rmorse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2012, 01:04 PM   #2
cbdallas
ninjette.org guru

Name: Charlie

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 650R

I highly recommend sportbikebolts.com. You can't buy individual bolts, but their complete kits are very reasonably priced. They also sell the very-hard-to-find rubber well nuts.

I went this route after finding that the hardware stores don't have bolts exactly like the Kawasaki OEM, and they don't have anything comparable to the rubber well nuts.

Another option is places like cheapcycleparts.com where you can order exactly the parts you need.

On the windshield bolts..I believe there are little black nuts that fit in the holes in the fairing, and they fall out as soon as you remove the bolts. They're probably resting down inside the fairing near where the windshield mounts.
cbdallas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2012, 01:29 PM   #3
rmorse
ninjette.org guru

Name: Bobby

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawi Ninja 250R, 2013 Honda CRF450R, 2008 Honda CRF250R, 2001 Honda XR400

Sweet, thanks man!
rmorse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 10th, 2012, 04:18 PM   #4
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdallas View Post
I highly recommend sportbikebolts.com. You can't buy individual bolts, but their complete kits are very reasonably priced. They also sell the very-hard-to-find rubber well nuts.

I went this route after finding that the hardware stores don't have bolts exactly like the Kawasaki OEM, and they don't have anything comparable to the rubber well nuts.

Another option is places like cheapcycleparts.com where you can order exactly the parts you need.

On the windshield bolts..I believe there are little black nuts that fit in the holes in the fairing, and they fall out as soon as you remove the bolts. They're probably resting down inside the fairing near where the windshield mounts.
Granted, all 14 of the bike's rubber wellnuts except the two visible ones on the windscreen will rot into two pieces, but the problem is more likely that the bolts are too short. If you look carefully, those two OEM bolts are slightly longer. Replacement wellnuts often sit slightly lower or aren't pre-squished enough for even the OEM bolts to reach the captive nut without some awkward reaching around and pushing.

Those two on the exterior of the windscreen have a different part number. For shame, Kawasaki. This means you knew about the bad rubber problem (also affected my trip meter reset, shift pedal boot, clutch cable boot, and more).
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote