ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old May 21st, 2009, 03:42 PM   #1
Verus Cidere
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): '91 Honda CBR600 F2

Possible upgrade: Things to look for and check on a good deal...

Hey guys,

A used dealership here in town has the exact bike I'm looking to upgrade to. It's a used Kawi' Ninja 636. Kelly and many others on the forum will be glad to know that it's green (I say, you can't have two of the fastest blue bikes! That's just not enough variety. And besides, I can deal with a slow green bike that's more than twice the size of fury. ). Anyway, it's an '06, and it has about 6k miles on it. It's been dropped in the parking lot accidentally, but is still super-clean overall. It has fairly new tires (hardly any miles on them at all, and tread is in VERY good condition, plus, they're racing tires), an undertail exhaust (I think those might come with that, but I'm not sure), brakes are in very good condition. He says it does need fork sealant and the brake and clutch cables both need adjusting (they work fine, but they just don't feel right to me). They're asking 5500 for it, and they have a layaway plan, which gives me plenty of time to pay it off without having to finance. It also gives me over a year to brush up on my riding skills before I move up to add to the 9 months I already have. What do you guys think? Thanks in advance for the replies!

Old May 21st, 2009, 03:50 PM   #2
TheGoodLyfe
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): Looking For 2008 Ninja 250R

I say you have already made your decision! But no seriously, it's great that you can have it on layaway and continue to ride Fury in the meantime to build your riding skills. If when the time comes or a few months down the road you feel confident and comfortable for the added power and extra goodies then go for it. An extra 9 months = a lot of riding to be done!!!
TheGoodLyfe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2009, 04:10 PM   #3
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
In 9 months the riding season will be over and you can get a 636 for less money.

Old May 21st, 2009, 04:41 PM   #4
Verus Cidere

Around here, the riding season doesn't end. The weather down here allows for year-round riding without any problems. Thanks for the opinion though.

Anything specific I should look for in terms of working ability? My dad and I are going to go fire it up and listen/test ride it either tomorrow or Saturday. What should I check on?

Old May 21st, 2009, 05:44 PM   #5
speedgsx98
ninjette.org member

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 250 ninja 2002, 2008 ZX10-R

Check kbb.com for motorcycle value...also, mileage? Once a bike hits over 20k even if it's older, it just seems to diminish in value. Check the condition of the cahin/sprockets too! I will say that for $5500, the bike should be pristine, and not have been down. But there's room for negotiating of course. That minor damage will cost you when you go to sell the bike yourself. But you're not concerned with that now right? =)
speedgsx98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2009, 06:41 PM   #6
EJ30157
Kelly Kim's Friend

Name: EJ

Motorcycle(s): (Used to)2008 Green 250R, 2007 Ninja ZX-6R

In my opinion, 06 model with 6K miles for $5500 should be showroom conditions. Its been drop and it needs folk sealant? I think you should be paying under $5000. The only good thing is maybe the layaway plan but I still wouldn't pay $5500. I got mine 07 with 8K in mint condition under $5500 easily. I would shop around and be patient. There are better deals out there.
EJ30157 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2009, 08:08 PM   #7
kkim

I'd pass. (even if it is green) Too many things wrong with it for the money. Instead of laying the bike away (and committing yourself to it), save up the money you would be laying away into the bank instead and in 9 months, go look for a bike in better condition that has been properly taken care of from a private party.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2009, 09:09 PM   #8
backinthesaddleagain

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

also in this economy layaways (and gift certificates) concern me.
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2009, 10:03 PM   #9
Verus Cidere

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedgsx98 View Post
Check kbb.com for motorcycle value...also, mileage? Once a bike hits over 20k even if it's older, it just seems to diminish in value. Check the condition of the cahin/sprockets too! I will say that for $5500, the bike should be pristine, and not have been down. But there's room for negotiating of course. That minor damage will cost you when you go to sell the bike yourself. But you're not concerned with that now right? =)
kbb.com lists this bike at $6000. It's only got about 6k miles on it. Chain and sprockets seem to be in very good condition (according to my limited knowledge. They look better than my bike's. ) Other than the things I listed, the bike is extremely clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ30157 View Post
In my opinion, 06 model with 6K miles for $5500 should be showroom conditions. Its been drop and it needs folk sealant? I think you should be paying under $5000. The only good thing is maybe the layaway plan but I still wouldn't pay $5500. I got mine 07 with 8K in mint condition under $5500 easily. I would shop around and be patient. There are better deals out there.
There may be better deals OUT THERE, but not around here. This is the first ZX6 I've seen for sale here in about 6 months, and it's in better condition than the last 5 or 6, most of which are all spread out along the 6 month periods. The extra might because it has new racing tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
I'd pass. (even if it is green) Too many things wrong with it for the money. Instead of laying the bike away (and committing yourself to it), save up the money you would be laying away into the bank instead and in 9 months, go look for a bike in better condition that has been properly taken care of from a private party.
Is that really a lot of things wrong with it? There were about 4 more things wrong with Fury when I got her than this bike right now. She did fine. (Although, she does have a small electrical problem, aka she shorts out in the rain. Not a major problem here as it rains about 5 times a year.) From what I can tell, the sealers are a really easy fix. The cables only need adjusting to fit my personal wants, because I don't like the way they feel. They still work fine. Again, I haven't even gotten to fire it up yet. Does needing new sealers really bring it down a thousand dollars in price?

Edit -- Oh, and I didn't mean that it would take 9 months to pay it off, I meant that I already have 9 months riding experience and would have another year on top of that before I got the bike. My big reason for liking this idea is that with the layaway, I wouldn't have any interest, I don't have to finance, I have a guarantee from the dealer that I'll get my money back if I lose my job, or they'll hold off on forcing me to make payments until I get another job, and it's not a strict, exact payment plan. I can pay $200 one month, and $400 the next. I just work on it until it's paid off. It almost seems like it's just a guaranteed bike after saving up the money, which is good for giving me motivation. Just why I like it, and if it's really as bad as you guys have made it seem (which it probably is, since you guys know a heck of a lot more than I do about this stuff) then I won't buy it. I'll still be sad though, as this is the exact bike (color, year, make, and model) that I was going to get as my upgrade. Oh well.

Old May 21st, 2009, 10:13 PM   #10
kkim

what are sealers? fork seals... as in blown while stunting? and what cables are there for the brakes to adjust? if they are so minor, why didn't the dealer fix them? also, if you can live with scratched plastics, I guess it doesn't matter.

you ask for feedback and you get some, but you don't want to hear any of it?

at any rate, it seems you have already made up your mind. good luck with the new bike.

Old May 21st, 2009, 10:18 PM   #11
Verus Cidere

Quote:
what are sealers? fork seals... as in blown while stunting? and what cables are there for the brakes to adjust? if they are so minor, why didn't the dealer fix them? also, if you can live with scratched plastics, I guess it doesn't matter.

you ask for feedback and you get some, but you don't want to hear any of it?

at any rate, it seems you have already made up your mind. good luck with the new bike.
These are good points. It's not that I didn't want to hear the feedback, I'm just looking for clarification. But obviously you guys know what you're talking about and it's a bad buy. I'll stay away from it. Thanks for the info. And no, I haven't made up my mind yet, but it's leaning towards a no now. Again, all I wanted was clarification and a couple of new answers to what I was confused about. Please forgive me if I sounded like I didn't want to hear what you were saying.

Old May 21st, 2009, 10:20 PM   #12
kkim

Michael... can you clarify the "sealers"? Are they in fact fork seals that are leaking?

Old May 21st, 2009, 10:28 PM   #13
Verus Cidere

Quote:
Michael... can you clarify the "sealers"? Are they in fact fork seals that are leaking?
I'm not %100 sure of his exact words, but I believe you're right. It's only on the right side, and he made it sound like a very minor leak, or basically that it was just a small fault in the stock part. As I'm not a mechanic, and have no idea what seals forks, I wouldn't be able to tell you. I'm pretty sure that he said one of the forks is leaking, but when you repair it, you generally repair both at once. Does that help? He said "it needs new fork seals".

Old May 21st, 2009, 10:32 PM   #14
kkim

if it is the fork seals, do you realize you need to disassemble the forks to replace the seals? not a quick, easy or inexpensive fix if you're not doing the work yourself. You might want to clarify this with the salesman if you are thinking of proceeding with the sale.

Old May 21st, 2009, 10:37 PM   #15
Verus Cidere

Uhm.... No I had no idea. I don't know anything about that stuff. I'll definitely ask him about that. I'll also ask how it happened, and if the cost to repair it is included in the sale price, etc. Looks like I'm probably not getting it after all. Thanks guys. I definitely would've hated buying it and finding out later that it was a crap buy.

Old May 21st, 2009, 10:55 PM   #16
kkim

I don't think anyone was saying it was a crap buy, but for the money, you should be able to do better w/o the headaches this bike could potentially carry.

remember, if you're serious about upgrading, put the money which you were about to commit to this bike on the layaway plan into the bank. You'll be in great financial shape when that "perfect" bike comes along.

Old May 21st, 2009, 11:04 PM   #17
Verus Cidere

That's probably my biggest problem. It's hard for me to motivate myself to save money for long periods of time. It's better when I have the motivation sitting in front of me. Like the AP exhaust. I can see how good it is, so I would probably spend my money on that instead of saving for the next bike, plus the other $3000 of mods I'd like to put on my bike. My motivation factor is next to nothing when I can't actually see what I'm saving for. It took me 6 months to save up enough money for Fury, and I made $9000 total that year. I paid less than 2 grand for her. See my problem.

Ok, I have another question... About how much would you pay for this bike including the repairs that are needed and the adjustments I want done? If I factor those things in, and it works perfectly after that, I can know how much I should try to get him down to. Again, I'm still leaning toward no after the advice you've given (thanks again for that ), but if I can pull off a good enough price, I need to know what it is so I can take it.

Old May 21st, 2009, 11:14 PM   #18
kkim

for me, a lot would depend on how much it would be to fix the fork seals and freshen the plastics to look new. Usually, by the time you look at new fairings, the deal isn't worth it. Factor in repair of the forks and the deal gets even worse.

Find out the cost of the seal repair and plastics first to make an educated guess.

That doesn't take into account how the bike was treated and what potential problems may still be lurking. Have you test ridden the bike?

Old May 21st, 2009, 11:22 PM   #19
Verus Cidere

No, not yet. We're planning on doing some test riding tomorrow afternoon. On the note of the plastics, they're minor scratches. No cracks of any kind. I really could care less about scratches, as I'll probably want to airbrush this bike as well. Scratches would no longer be a factor in the cost to repair business. I'll definitely ask about the cost to repair the forks. Is the "less than $5000" that EJ30157 said about right? That way I can factor in the repairs with that. Oh, and don't worry. We won't commit to anything until we know a bit more about the bike and I've run everything I can find out past you guys. I'll check and recheck everything I can. Any more tips on things to check for?

(Oh, and any tips on riding a bigger displacement bike? I haven't ever ridden anything bigger than my 250. My dad has, but he doesn't have a motorcycle license, so he probably wouldn't be allowed to. First of all, anything to be careful of so as not to force the purchase of the bike based on my wrecking it? Also, once I am test riding it, what should I test?)

Old May 21st, 2009, 11:33 PM   #20
kkim

lol... it's just like your 250, only with lots more power.

the fact that you even need to ask these questions tells me you are no where ready for a 600 ss.

on another note, have you seen this??? brand new, under warranty...
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...87&postcount=5

Old May 22nd, 2009, 08:18 AM   #21
EJ30157
Kelly Kim's Friend

Name: EJ

Motorcycle(s): (Used to)2008 Green 250R, 2007 Ninja ZX-6R

Your right Kelly. For $500+ more, you can get left-over brand new with warranty. There are too many good deals out there. Have you shop around in other towns?

If you think this is the only good deal in your area, I would low-ball the dealer and see how low he goes. Get history of the bike, how many have own the bike? When test riding, go through all gears and see how they feel. Fork seals are no easy fix. Kellys right, if the cables needs adjustment, they should be able to handle that without mentioning it (sounds fishy there). Check EVERYTHING! Lights, fluids, nuts, bolts etc....look for anything to add to your advantage to lowering the price. Above all, be patient and think it through before purchasing. Ask yourself after a few months of ownership, would you still be happy that you purchase the bike in the condtion it was in?
EJ30157 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 22nd, 2009, 08:29 AM   #22
Cali619
Giggity Giggity

Name: Ryam

Motorcycle(s): 08 ninja 250R aka Hiryu

As exciting as it is to upgrade to a new anything, impulse buying may leave you in a situation you regret. Would the dealer allow you to take the bike to a mechanic and run a maintenance/diagnostic check on it? I would trust a mechanic before a dealer on the assessment.
Facebook DY Fender chop, Danmoto CB slip-on w/baffle, Airbox removed, Kleen-air removed, shimmed needles, Mikuni #117.5 Main jets, K&N RU-1822 air filter pods
Cali619 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 22nd, 2009, 09:06 AM   #23
PitBull
ninjette.org member

Name: Lisa

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by backinthesaddleagain View Post
also in this economy layaways (and gift certificates) concern me.
+1. What happens if this dealer goes out of business before you get the bike paid off. I suspect it would be difficult to get your money back then.
PitBull is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 22nd, 2009, 10:03 AM   #24
Verus Cidere

Quote:
lol... it's just like your 250, only with lots more power.

the fact that you even need to ask these questions tells me you are no where ready for a 600 ss.

on another note, have you seen this??? brand new, under warranty...
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...87&postcount=5
It's true, as of right now I'm really not ready to upgrade, which is why I was happy I would have quite a bit of time to get ready while paying it off. On the other bikes being available, the problem with those is that I need the cash in hand for them and I don't have it. That's why the layaway was looking so good. (I'll get to that a bit more in a second) I would definitely love to get one under warranty though. Most of what I can find on craigslist around here are V-Rods and Harleys, with a few massively overpriced sport bikes thrown in the mix. Like an '02 GSX-R 600 for $7k!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ30157 View Post
Your right Kelly. For $500+ more, you can get left-over brand new with warranty. There are too many good deals out there. Have you shop around in other towns?

If you think this is the only good deal in your area, I would low-ball the dealer and see how low he goes. Get history of the bike, how many have own the bike? When test riding, go through all gears and see how they feel. Fork seals are no easy fix. Kellys right, if the cables needs adjustment, they should be able to handle that without mentioning it (sounds fishy there). Check EVERYTHING! Lights, fluids, nuts, bolts etc....look for anything to add to your advantage to lowering the price. Above all, be patient and think it through before purchasing. Ask yourself after a few months of ownership, would you still be happy that you purchase the bike in the condtion it was in?
They didn't mention adjusting the cables. I asked myself because I checked them and I don't like the way they feel. The bike runs fine (according to him), and the cables don't actually need to be adjusted, I just want them to because they feel a little weird to me. Personally, I love the condition it's in except for the repairs it needs, but that's pushing me away quite well right now. I'll probably just wait on it... (again, more on this in a bit.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali619 View Post
As exciting as it is to upgrade to a new anything, impulse buying may leave you in a situation you regret. Would the dealer allow you to take the bike to a mechanic and run a maintenance/diagnostic check on it? I would trust a mechanic before a dealer on the assessment.
I'll check with my mechanic on the possibility of a diagnostic. Everybody closes early around here though, and we have to wait until after my dad gets off work, so getting to where I'm going to get the diagnostic quick enough would be a problem. But if I'm going to get this bike, I'm going to do that first, if it takes me that much longer to do it. The more I think this through, the more I lean towards waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBull View Post
+1. What happens if this dealer goes out of business before you get the bike paid off. I suspect it would be difficult to get your money back then.
That is true. I hadn't thought about that. The dealer is actually a fairly new one, but he's gone from having 4 bikes in stock 5 months ago to having almost too many to fit in his building (about 25). He's doing really well as far as I can tell. But you're right, in this economy looks can be deceiving and anything can happen.

On the fact that the forks need to be re-sealed, it's not that big a deal to me, as my original plan for upgrading was much more risky. I was planning to save up about $3k and buy a 636 on ebay, ship it here, and fix whatever was wrong with it. I figured that would still be cheaper (I know, I'm really dumb. ). So I figured this would actually be a better solution. I figure it's probably not, but I'm at least going to see how far down I can get them and what I can find out. If nothing else, it'll give me a little more experience, not only in looking for problems that make a bike not worth it, but negotiating with people. You guys have to remember, I'm only 17. You're right, I'm not ready to upgrade, I'm not thinking about the right things, and I'm not experienced enough to know what is actually a major problem. That's what you guys are for. Thanks again for your replies, and keep them coming. My lack of experience is being fixed little by little thanks to you guys.

Old May 22nd, 2009, 11:50 AM   #25
Verus Cidere

New info! I went back and checked out what you guys said to check. The bolts are all tight, but I'll recheck them when I go for a test-ride. The chain is in very good condition, with no rust, dirt, grime, or old lube stuck on it. It is freshly lubed. The sprocket is in very good condition, with very minimal wear on it. It has brand new Conti attack racing tires, but is otherwise completely stock. I rechecked the levers, and I just wasn't completely awake when I was checking them before. Either they're fine, or he adjusted them since like you guys said he should anyway. The scratches on the plastics are all very minor. None of them are in farther than the paint, and some not even all the way through that. (I don't mind that at all, Fury is covered with scratches like that.) The engine is completely clean. No stray oil or any other fluids on it. I was wrong about a few things though. It's actually an '05, with 14k miles on it. He didn't lie to me before, I just remembered wrong. I looked this up on kbb.com and it lists it in very good condition for $5645. That's also factoring in 17100 expected miles, and not factoring in the new tires. I also checked with my mechanics and they all vouch for him. They said that he always fixes up the bikes he gets to make sure that they're in top working order. They also said that they do a lot of business with him, and everything has always been good. They said they could still run a diagnostic on it for me, but they don't think I'd need it. They expect it to be in perfect working order. I also asked him about the history of the bike. He said he's not completely sure because he originally got it from a repo auction, but that it was in the same condition then as it is now. He sold it then to one guy, who traded it with another guy straight across for a bike the other guy built. The guy that got it sent it back to be sold at the shop again. It's a consignment, so it's not the dealer's fault if the price is a little high. I also asked about repair cost, and he said the repairs are included in the sale price (whatever it ends up being). I'm thinking of trying to get him down to $5k or $5200. Would that be a good price for what would be a mint condition bike with a few scratches? (That's what it would be by the time I got it as he would do the repairs during the payoff time, and he would change the fluids every couple of months and keep the battery charged for me.) Is there anything I missed that I should check up on when I go back?

Oh, and he's got it up on craigslist. Here's a link so you can see some pics.

http://lascruces.en.craigslist.org/mcy/1180599410.html

I look forward to hearing what you think. I'm still leaning toward a no though.

Edit -- He also looked it up on carfax and it's never been wrecked. It's not a stunt blowout in the forks either, it's just a small leak. Hope this clears up some things.

Old May 22nd, 2009, 12:57 PM   #26
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
It's not green but there are better deals out there.

http://daytona.craigslist.org/mcy/1177888101.html

2005 Kawasaki ZX 636 Ninja - $4500 (Daytona Beach)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to:sale-ptuzr-1177888101@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-05-18, 10:56PM EDT

I'm selling a 2005 Kawasaki ZX-636 sportsbike. The bike is well maintained and has only 5400 miles on it. I'm having the bike serviced this week to change oil and have the back tire replaced with a brand new one. The bike is blue, everything is stock. 130 HP and 636 cc's. Fast like hell and very fun to ride. Also very good on gas. I fill it up about twice a month. Cost me about 12 bucks each time.

Pictures bellow.

I'm asking 4500 obo.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1177888101

Here is another:

ZX-6R kawasaki 9k miles $4500 obo - $4500 (Daytona Beach)

http://daytona.craigslist.org/mcy/1174174397.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to:sale-fgqj8-1174174397@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-05-16, 3:31PM EDT

for sale is a 2006 kawasaki zx-6r ninja special edition with aprox 8900 miles on it. the bike is in great condition! it has been lowered and a custom kick stand has been added to make it sit right(can all be put back to stock if you would like). other customizations installed include red windscreen to match rims and special edition flames, 10k hid's that turn night into day!, and a full system muzzys exhaust(very nice sound). this bike has been very well taken care of and just had a fresh oil change 30 miles ago. It comes with a fully transferable warranty that covers the wheels and rims against damage for the next 5 years. it has been very well taken care of and never mistreated. i am asking for $4500 cash OBO but may also be willing to take trades on vehicles or trades plus cash, just let me know what you have.
-call or txt 386.290.3333
-email wlackemacher@yahoo.com
one pic shows stock height and the other shows lowered

I know this is in Daytona (what a cool town for bikes) but I'm on Craig's list everyday looking at bikes. Deals are out there. I haven't researched this one (I'm only looking for 1000s) but I have found many people need money and want to sell their bike at a great price.

Old May 22nd, 2009, 03:47 PM   #27
Verus Cidere

So from what I can tell, a general consensus both on this forum and on the craigslist posts you guys found says that this bike is worth about $4500. The bike I'm looking at is also listed with OBO (or at least he told me and my parents that it was or best offer), so I could offer $4500 and see if he takes it. If he does, it's not a ripoff to me because he'd be repairing it with part of what I pay, and if he doesn't take it, I'll look somewhere else. Does that sound reasonable or is that still too much money for this bike?

Old May 23rd, 2009, 09:21 AM   #28
dmonaco05
ninjette.org member

Name: Dom

Motorcycle(s): 2009 ninja 250r

how can he list in the ad that it was never stunted? he said he doesnt know the history. to me whenever someone says never raced or stunted i dont believe them
dmonaco05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 23rd, 2009, 10:07 AM   #29
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
I look for stock, low mileage (under 5000 miles) bikes. I look for service records, one owner (adult) and I still lowball. I can always go up but never go down once I've made an offer.

Old May 23rd, 2009, 01:46 PM   #30
Verus Cidere

Ok, I'll lowball the crap outta' him. I took a test ride today. It shifts very well. It's a little stiffer than my ninjette, but from what I've heard from older riders, that's normal with a bigger engine. The engine is very smooth, and the suspension is very good. The brakes work very well, and the throttle is very responsive. It seems to be in perfect working order as far as I can tell. My dad rode it a little bit too, and he says the same thing. There's no evidence of any kind to make it seem like the bike was mistreated at all. It's a very fun bike and Kim was right, it's got a LOT more power than the ninjette. But it was a very fun ride. There's actually no scratches on the plastics at all from the drop. There's a few basic wear scratches on the tank, and there's a scratch on the tip of the tail above the tail light, but I don't care all that much about scratched paint. There's some scratches on the one bit of engine cover sticking out of the fairing, but they're only aesthetic and could be painted over without a problem. Everything else is in very good condition. The tires grip very well, and the bike handles better than I expected it to. I do understand why people call the ninjette flickable a little better now.

He actually has a deposit in on it right now, and the guy has until next Friday to continue with the sale, so it looks like I may not have to make any decision at all. It's going to be made for me. Oh well. I can wait I think. I'll get my bike the AP exhaust instead. I guess we'll see what happens.

Old May 23rd, 2009, 05:16 PM   #31
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
There is always another bike. Don't worry if you don't get it. The next one might be better.

Old May 23rd, 2009, 08:03 PM   #32
Verus Cidere

True. I really don't want to pay that much at all. I'd like to get my first 600 for less than $4k if I can. My only criteria other than having a good price and that it works well are that I want it to be green, orange, or white. Other than that, I think I can probably wait.

Old May 24th, 2009, 02:40 AM   #33
CodE-E
Ninja Newbie

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): EX250K9

It's very smart of you to ask a lot of questions about the motorcycle, and to get advise from more experienced riders. The worst thing you can do is fall in love at first sight with some vehicle which really has many technical faults, and impulse-buy it. I've done that twice with cars, and I always ended up having many headaches, and having spent more than I should have. If the dealer has a good reputation, the bike seems okay, and you're going to get repairs made for free, then it might be worth buying, but as CC Cowboy said, there'll always be another one.
CodE-E is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 24th, 2009, 05:01 AM   #34
Elfling
ninjette.org guru

Name: Becca

Motorcycle(s): 03 Ninja 250, 02 CBR600 f4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
There is always another bike. Don't worry if you don't get it. The next one might be better.
This.

It probably took me two weeks of looking, and I kept telling myself I would know the perfect bike when I found it.
Elfling is offline   Reply With Quote