ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old March 5th, 2015, 03:01 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[visordown.com] - Troy Bayliss to replace Giugliano at Thai WSBK round

TROY Bayliss is set to replace Arbua.it Racing's injured Davide Giugliano at the second World Superbike round of the 2015 season in Thailand.

Three-time former WSBK champion Bayliss will race the Panigale R at his second consecutive round this year, as a substitute rider at the Chang International Circuit on March 20-22.

Australian Bayliss also replaced Giugliano at Phillip Island last month.

Bayliss said: 'I’m really excited to be able to ride the Panigale R again and I thank the Aruba.it Racing - Ducati Superbike Team for the opportunity. It will be great to work with the team again.

'Compared to the Phillip Island round, organised pretty much at the last minute, this time I’ve had the chance to train and prepare myself properly. I’m really motivated and feeling ready; I can’t wait to get back on track!'

Giugliano is still recovering from a crash in the first day of testing and is required to rest for another few weeks before returning to the championship.

It is estimated that the Italian will be back for the fifth round at Imola in May. It has not yet been confirmed that 45-year-old Bayliss will also replace Giugliano for the intervening rounds at Aragon and Assen.
  • Sign up for Visordown's weekly newsletter, Bugsplat, to get the best motorcycle news, road tests and features plus exclusive competitions and offers direct to your inbox. Register as a Visordown member here and tick the box for Bugsplat in your newsletter settings here.

Related Content

Bayliss to replace Giugliano at Phillip Island
Thailand to host 2015 WSBK round
Bayliss: "I know I can beat anyone"
Jerez WSBK test day two: Giugliano sets the pace
Bayliss doubts Rossi's move to WSB...

Click here for full story...