ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old November 3rd, 2011, 12:32 PM   #1
OddlyOrdinary
ninjette.org member

Name: Asdf

Motorcycle(s): 2009 SE Ninja 250

Came outside to my bike having a broken blinker

Hey Guys,

So I came outside from eating a fast food joint and noticed my right side blinker had been clipped by something. The yellow covering case was missing so I guess I'm noticing this late. Anyone know what parts I would need to order to fix it? The blinker light still works but the reflector and bulb seem to only be held in place by friction.

Also the corner near the bike seems to have snapped a little. Is there suppose to be a screw hole there or what? Thanks!

Big Pictures (my phone sorry about the blur)
http://i.imgur.com/K1ONT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Tiuda.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/b95FH.jpg
OddlyOrdinary is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 3rd, 2011, 12:36 PM   #2
GateKeeper
ninjette.org member

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 250 Ninja - Soon

Almost looks like someone was trying to rip it off.....
GateKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 3rd, 2011, 01:39 PM   #3
OddlyOrdinary
ninjette.org member

Name: Asdf

Motorcycle(s): 2009 SE Ninja 250

I actually wouldn't be surprised. I live in a College town, so a 20$ piece of plastic might be more tempting to a broke student to just take it.

My sister back in the 90s had a mustang convertable and someone used a knife to cut open her roof to unscrew the metal 'U' hook that holds the roof closed near the wind shield. Cost of 'U' hook $120, cost of new Roof much much more. Whenever she recalls that story she wishes that the person asked her to open her car to steel the U hook. :P
OddlyOrdinary is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 3rd, 2011, 01:55 PM   #4
leed
ninjette.org sage

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): Time will tell

If I had to guess, I'd say someone hit it on accident with a door or another bike. The way yours broke is pretty normal for how most turn signals fall apart on impact. As for the part you'll need.. You really need a new housing, as now the lens will not stay in place (it's normally held in by a tab, which as you can see has torn). You may consider just getting flushmounts (like the ones sold on this forum) or find an entire replacement.
leed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 3rd, 2011, 08:58 PM   #5
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddlyOrdinary View Post
I actually wouldn't be surprised. I live in a College town, so a 20$ piece of plastic might be more tempting to a broke student to just take it.

My sister back in the 90s had a mustang convertable and someone used a knife to cut open her roof to unscrew the metal 'U' hook that holds the roof closed near the wind shield. Cost of 'U' hook $120, cost of new Roof much much more. Whenever she recalls that story she wishes that the person asked her to open her car to steel the U hook. :P
if you drive a soft top you are supposed to leave your doors unlocked to prevent that lol
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 4th, 2011, 08:20 PM   #6
pop0tart
ninjette.org member

Name: Dash

Motorcycle(s): stolen :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
if you drive a soft top you are supposed to leave your doors unlocked to prevent that lol
+1

Nobody's Barry Manilow greatest hits album, knockoff sunglasses and spare change is worth buying a new ragtop over.
pop0tart is offline   Reply With Quote