ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > New Members

Old November 20th, 2008, 08:28 AM   #1
TrueFaith
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wayne

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Honda CBR250R

Hello From New England!

Looks like quite a few familiar faces have followed kkim to this new 250 site. Seeing VeX and Duck posting here already sure makes it feel like home! Let's hope not too many OTD Price or squealing gas tank threads follow us here!

A little about myself: I'm an old codger of 57 who has been riding since the
1980s and the 2008 Ninja 250R is my 4th bike. Actually, I'm on my second 2008 Ninja since totalling my first in a June accident due to gravel in the road. I just had my surcharge hearing at the RMV Monday and was found "not at fault" for the accident since it was "more than 50%" caused by the road conditions and not rider error, so I'm real pleased about that. I bought my second Ninja 250R from a local modding genius who had done almost every mod you could do on a 2008 Ninja before deciding to sell it and go back to quad riding. The difference between this modded bike and my first stock Ninja are amazing. Most noticeable is the usable first gear from the sprocket change and the better throttle response from shimming and tuning the carbs and I highly recommend both mods to anyone thinking about improving their 250s performance. I've done quite a few cosmetic changes to the Ninja this summer and once I powdercoat the wheels this winter I will have finally made it into the bike I first envisioned when I bought it. I've always liked small displacement bikes and this new Ninja is really something else. It has the power and eye-catching styling of my old Seca 400 and is light enough to lose much more powerful bikes in the corners. It's a great bike for beginners and also experienced riders who know how to get the most out of those 250ccs. Looking forward to finding out even more about the
250R here on this new site and with kkim, VeX, Duck and other experienced 250 owners onboard it should be a fun ride!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ninjette.jpg (87.6 KB, 15 views)
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 20th, 2008, 10:07 AM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

TrueFaith! That's an awfully nice looking ninjette you've got there!

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 20th, 2008, 01:46 PM   #3
kkim

Ooo... welcome, Wayne. Glad you decided to check out the site. Alex is a great host and we should be very thankful for him allowing us to come in here and mess up his house.

I look forward to many stories and input from you now that your bike is put away for the winter... btw... wth is with that??? I've never had to do that here... I've heard it has something to do with that rumored "snow" thing you guys get?
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 20th, 2008, 03:17 PM   #4
TrueFaith
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wayne

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Honda CBR250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
Ooo... welcome, Wayne. Glad you decided to check out the site. Alex is a great host and we should be very thankful for him allowing us to come in here and mess up his house.

I look forward to many stories and input from you now that your bike is put away for the winter... btw... wth is with that??? I've never had to do that here... I've heard it has something to do with that rumored "snow" thing you guys get?
Well, around here, "snow" can lead to the increased consumption of little green bottles among other things. I'd stick some screws in the Ninja's tires and ice race it, but you know how difficult it is to start on even a "cold" day where you are.

Thanks for the welcome and compliment, Alex!
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 20th, 2008, 04:16 PM   #5
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

Welcome to the boards from Maryland!

Old November 20th, 2008, 04:40 PM   #6
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250