ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Items Wanted

Notices

Old July 8th, 2022, 07:01 PM   #1
Rani Rain
ninjette.org newbie

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): GPX250R

Anyone have a pregen gastank that i can get my hand on?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I am looking for a fuel tank for my pregen ninja. My current tank has too many holes on it, I'm making it do with soap and jbweld. I am living in Australia, more specifically Sydney, so if anyone near there have a spare fuel tank for sell, i'd be appreciated.

On the side note, if I cant get the pre gen gas tank, what would be the alternative gas tank that would fit my bike? I've remove all the fairings and I am converting it into a street fighter, so I reckon some kind of gas tank would do?
Rani Rain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 8th, 2022, 07:56 PM   #2
Ceeloo Yello
ninjette.org guru

Name: C

Motorcycle(s): 250

You might consider an epoxy based gas tank liner.

Old July 21st, 2022, 03:22 PM   #3
shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Look on ebay
shspvr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 5th, 2022, 08:04 AM   #4
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

/moved to items wanted

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 7th, 2022, 04:27 PM   #5
Baby NinjaRR
ninjette.org member

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ex250F-RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rani Rain View Post
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I am looking for a fuel tank for my pregen ninja. My current tank has too many holes on it, I'm making it do with soap and jbweld. I am living in Australia, more specifically Sydney, so if anyone near there have a spare fuel tank for sell, i'd be appreciated.

On the side note, if I cant get the pre gen gas tank, what would be the alternative gas tank that would fit my bike? I've remove all the fairings and I am converting it into a street fighter, so I reckon some kind of gas tank would do?
If it's the upper left of tank that's leaking you may have installed too long of a fairing bolt and punched through at some point. I've managed to do this on 2 different pregens but jb weld on the end of a shorter bolt fixes the leak
Baby NinjaRR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 17th, 2022, 01:14 PM   #6
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby NinjaRR View Post
If it's the upper left of tank that's leaking you may have installed too long of a fairing bolt and punched through at some point. I've managed to do this on 2 different pregens but jb weld on the end of a shorter bolt fixes the leak
There’s also JB Tank Weld, which is made just for these kinds of things. In the past I’ve suggested a headless set screw and a shorter bolt in the same threaded hole with some of that stuff smashed in between but I wonder if there is a gap between the threaded portion and the wall of the tank.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 17th, 2022, 01:27 PM   #7
Baby NinjaRR
ninjette.org member

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ex250F-RR

With the last one I had to reapply more jb before the leaked stopped, good chance it's filling that gap.
Baby NinjaRR is offline   Reply With Quote