ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old June 17th, 2012, 01:48 AM   #1
EvilPooMonkey
ninjette.org guru

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 :)

She had some pretty bad gas

So the other day i rode my bike on my patched old IRC and the whole time i was riding i felt that something was a little off. Considering i had just pulled a nail out of my tire i had figured maybe it was still losing pressure causing the bike to push a little harder then normal. either way she was boggind down and i didnt like it. well today before my all so amazing ride i decided to let her warm up seeing as how i hadn't ridden here in about a week since i was waitng on my tires. Oddly enough after abotu 10 minutes of her warming up she was still sounding bogged down to the point of choking off. i was kinda concerned but my old man said maybe something had happened to the gas. Lo and behold i went and filled her up with a fresh tank and no sooner than she got some fresh gas her rpm's shot back up and she had a steady purr to her again. I don't know much about fuel but i didnt think it could go bad in a week. any insigth for me on why my gas would have done this. maybe it was jsut bad gas??????
EvilPooMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 17th, 2012, 02:02 AM   #2
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

Name: Jaymie

Motorcycle(s): 1974 Honda CB550K0 W.I.P.

Got water in the tank maybe.

Old June 17th, 2012, 02:04 AM   #3
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

Name: Jaymie

Motorcycle(s): 1974 Honda CB550K0 W.I.P.

Maybe you filled it up with a high ethanol fuel and it was particularly humid?

Old June 17th, 2012, 07:17 AM   #4
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPooMonkey View Post
.... any insight for me on why my gas would have done this. maybe it was just bad gas??????
The temps changes here in NC have been crazy. After about sitting up a week could have caused a little condensation in the tank, but that amount would have been negligible, but the possibility you already having some bad gas is more probable. NC gas is already high so to get some that's bad is enough to piss you off. If you get a chance, try some non ethanol gas (preferably 87-89 octane) and see how your bike performs. Fill your tank up with it.
I also store about 5 gals. myself for use in the bike and lawn equipment.

In the mean time get some Star Tron Fuel Treatment from Walmart, to further help with cleaning the carbs, stabilizing the gas and removing any remaining moisture you may have.
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote