ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old March 21st, 2009, 12:43 AM   #1
Verus Cidere
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): '91 Honda CBR600 F2

Rearsets...

Hey guys. I've have several mods planned for my baby, one of which is a nice rearset. I have a slight problem though. The only one I can find for the pregen ninjette is the woodcraft one, and I don't really like the looks of it. I've heard that 2nd gen ninjette rearsets work on the pregens, so I looked into it. From what I can tell from pictures, it should work, except that there's one bolt used in the pregen that isn't used in the 2nd gen on the right side (the top one that bolts straight into the frame). Anybody know if the rumour is true? I found a rearset that I really like that's a 2nd gen one, but I don't wanna buy it if it won't fit. Thanks!
Verus Cidere is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2009, 08:40 PM   #2
komohana

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 05 GSX-R 600 2003 EX250: Woodcraft Bars, Levers, Mirrors, Shim'd Mixture, Synthetic, '08 Rear Shock

i did some looking-into this myself awhile back...had me a looooong honey-do (now or no forum tonight)list to complete this afternoon...lemme look into this for abit and i'll share what i found.

Remember when sex was safe
and motorcycles were dangerous?
komohana is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 22nd, 2009, 11:41 AM   #3
komohana

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 05 GSX-R 600 2003 EX250: Woodcraft Bars, Levers, Mirrors, Shim'd Mixture, Synthetic, '08 Rear Shock

Exclamation New Rearsets for Selected Pre-Gens:

alrighty, at the time i initially researched this, i couldn't find anything but the Woodcraft rearsets (that you can get with, or without shift and brake levers) pictured here

i happened to run across these that i haven't seen before on ebay:

here's some details:

Brand NEW!!! Racer Designed, Black Anodized Finish, CNC Machined, Billet Aluminum Rear Sets,

Black Anodized Finish

Fit All model years Kawasaki 250 from the 90's to the 2007 model , Racer Tough, Inexpensive and easy to repair and replace parts. Perfect for Racing, Track Bikes, or street with a rear brake light pressure switch available separately.

Fully adjustable up an down, forward and back, by 1.75 inches Each Direction!!! Probably the Widest Adjustment Range, and I Believe, the best product, on the Market!!!

Easy to assemble and mount!!! Highly Durable, Racer Tough!!! Designed and built, by racers, to work for racers!!!

Available now for immediate shipping

Completely modular, so you can order all the replacement pieces separately, for inexpensive repairs if damaged in crash. Each piece is CNC machined separately so you can order and have replacement parts shipped immediately, fast and inexpensively, to keep you up and on the track!!!

A must for Track Days and Racing, not to mention, Super on the Street!!!

These parts are all expensive at the OEM dealer level, and tough as nails to find in usable, good, condition at wreckers. Bid with confidence, this part is good!!!

here's the posted item on ebay

by the picture it appears to have shift/brake levers with the kit as well.

hope you're able to find something you like!

aloha

(posting in '86 - '07 250 Farkles also)

Remember when sex was safe
and motorcycles were dangerous?
komohana is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 22nd, 2009, 12:09 PM   #4
Verus Cidere

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): '91 Honda CBR600 F2

Thanks! I've been trying to decide what rearset to get, 'cause that's what I'm getting after I get my exhaust (from Area P).

Just to elaborate a bit more, the woodcraft website states that the rearset you have shown above will fit all years (1988 - 2009). So does that mean that any rearset that fits the 09 will also fit the 07? I'm hoping so because I want to get this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawas...Q5fAccessories

Last futzed with by Verus Cidere; March 22nd, 2009 at 01:35 PM.
Verus Cidere is offline   Reply With Quote