ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > None of the above > The Ex-Ninjetters Lair

Notices

Old November 3rd, 2016, 01:45 PM   #1
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Got a ttr-125

And it is a riot to ride, got a great deal on it with some help from @Finesse to find it.

So far I haven't decided how I'm going to set it up other than to ride it around in circles for hours at a time. I see two routes, flat track or minimoto. I think both are possible with a second set of wheels (will need to install new brakes if I change wheels though) for now though I'm going to keep it as is and run it as training in a field and on pavement when I find a spot as well as at the timonium indoor flat track in Dec.

The smiles per gallon is real
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1478201450046.jpg (178.4 KB, 3 views)

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.

Old November 3rd, 2016, 01:48 PM   #2
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
I'll be riding it with the baltimore county trail riders association as well as with summit point karting when they open up their middle river location. Possibly with njminigp but they build the hell out of their ttr125s

Old November 3rd, 2016, 01:53 PM   #3
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Wifey has a completely stock one to chase the kiddos around. Now that the youngest hopped on for the first time last weekend, there's no more room on the trailer for my dirtbike!

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 3rd, 2016, 03:02 PM   #4
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Wifey has a completely stock one to chase the kiddos around. Now that the youngest hopped on for the first time last weekend, there's no more room on the trailer for my dirtbike!
Time for a family size trailer

Old November 3rd, 2016, 03:02 PM   #5
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Congrats Benjamin

Old November 3rd, 2016, 04:14 PM   #6
Brother Michigan
ninjette.org sage

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300

I vote minimoto!

Old November 4th, 2016, 07:18 AM   #7
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

Awesomeness lol

I love riding the snot out of my XR100s on a kart track so my vote would be minimoto. But I would love to try a mini flat track option if one was semi local.
sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 4th, 2016, 07:35 AM   #8
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Ben,

Find some trails, as the season is coming to a close. Buy your parts over the off season to take it to the kart track.

When you're in the woods, PLAY! Find yourself... find your reactions to sliding, spinning up the rear, find your vision as you track 5+ objects to track at the same time while riding, find throttle and clutch control in a way the track cannot teach you.

Remember at Jennings when I was purposely sliding the rear into turn 1? Yep... similar inputs as sliding around a corner in the dirt. Also, a tree 1.5in away from you front wheel is nearly the same as the rear tire of rider you're about to pass mid corner. The list goes on and on. But honestly, it will teach you "prioritisation" of factors, some are risk, some are inputs you need to set yourself up for success for events to come.

It will cost you nothing but time and a drive right now. Take the chance, just be careful out there. They don't say "dirt hurts" for nuttin'.

And..... nice yammi. I was on the hunt for a ttr when I got my yz125 for my son. Nice bikes, just DON'T let them sit with gas in the tank. Good luck with it and have fun!

ps... now haul your buttox down to my house for some fun in my back yard.
pps... you will catch "air time" so bring your helmet.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 4th, 2016, 08:21 AM   #9
rc racer
ninjette.org member

Name: robert

Motorcycle(s): 2015 R3, 1969 CB160, 2002 TTR125, 2007 KX250F

Congratulations! I have been racing a TTR125 with TMGP in Texas for a couple years now. Great reliable platform. Not the highest performance engine but a better fit for taller riders.

You can get Bridgestone BT-45 tires that fit the stock wheels. I minimoto raced mine this way for the first year and had a blast. Then took the plunge and laced up 17" rims front and rear so I can mount 110-70/17's for even more cornering speed. Next year I may get a set of dirt track tires that fit and flat track race it a Colin Edwards ranch.

Either way, dirt or pavement you cant go wrong and it will improve your road racing skills immensely!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TMGP Rd 6 Sprint 528 Large.jpg (104.5 KB, 5 views)
rc racer is offline   Reply With Quote