ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Notices

Old January 23rd, 2009, 04:20 PM   #1
xTKx
Finally!

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): 09 Red 250R

Aftermarket Remote Start/Security Modules

Pretty much just wondering if anyone has them.
I work with aftermarket vehicle keyless entry systems, and we actually had a brand new system for a motorcycle (with remote start capability) laying around the shop. Once I get my Ninjette I plan to install it, I'm just wondering if anyone has one!
xTKx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 23rd, 2009, 05:13 PM   #2
Viper-Byte
ninjette.org sage

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250R in Green! (Sold) Now 2011 Triumph Daytona 675 SE

I am considering getting a Mongoose MCA500 alarm with the remote start option. From what I can tell, they are not that great. I mean, by the time you start the bike manually, get the helmet, gloves etc on, it is warm enough to ride. The only real reason I can see to have one is coolness. I mean how cool would it be to press a button while walking up to the bike and have it start
Viper-Byte is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 24th, 2009, 11:45 AM   #3
maxedpenny
Don't Be Evil!

Name: Miles

Motorcycle(s): 08 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper-Byte View Post
I am considering getting a Mongoose MCA500 alarm with the remote start option. From what I can tell, they are not that great. I mean, by the time you start the bike manually, get the helmet, gloves etc on, it is warm enough to ride. The only real reason I can see to have one is coolness. I mean how cool would it be to press a button while walking up to the bike and have it start
Now you just need one that revs the bike for you after its started. That would be badass.
maxedpenny is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 24th, 2009, 11:49 AM   #4
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Don't you all park your bike in 1st gear so it can't roll forward or back? I wouldn't leave mine in neutral just so a remote-start gadget would work, especially if the parking spot wasn't utterly flat and level. Also, I'd imagine this would work much better on a FI bike that handles cold-starts automatically. On our bikes, we'd have to leave the choke full-on when we left the bike if we wanted a remote-start to work reliably.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 24th, 2009, 02:51 PM   #5
Viper-Byte
ninjette.org sage

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250R in Green! (Sold) Now 2011 Triumph Daytona 675 SE

The only time I leave my bike in 1st is when it is on an uneven surface that I don't trust. Otherwise, I park in on the flat (garage) or the bike parks here slop down towards the curb, so the bike cannot roll forwad, back wheel into the back of the curb and bike will not move at all.

I also have never had to use the choke on my bike.

Yes, it would look cool if it reved it as well.
Viper-Byte is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 25th, 2009, 12:21 AM   #6
maxedpenny
Don't Be Evil!

Name: Miles

Motorcycle(s): 08 250R

I dont need to choke either. Unless its like 30 degrees out. I only park in gear on a hill. If i am in a spot or on the sidewalk I park in neutral. I got hit by a car and it pushed my clutch holder thing up and bent the wires for my clutch switch. So it will only start in gear sometimes. Of course it worked when I got the estimate for the damage done so no insurance money there.
maxedpenny is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 26th, 2009, 09:05 AM   #7
xTKx
Finally!

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): 09 Red 250R

Same here. Not many slopes around here that I'd have to park on, so I've always parked in neutral and just locked the handle bars. And to be honest, I'm not even 100% sure that I'll actually install the remote start feature. Here in TX, there's really no need for remote start (other than the cool factor of course )! The system I've got has a digital tilt sensor, horn output, and a failsafe starter kill in case anyone tries to ride off with it...
xTKx is offline   Reply With Quote