ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Notices

Old December 18th, 2008, 02:55 PM   #1
Cochese
The Grand Royal

Name: Cochese

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Here comes a cowl and BikeLitez Fender Eliminator!

Woot!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 18th, 2008, 05:14 PM   #2
Cochese
The Grand Royal

Okay.

How the hell do you install this seat cowl??!

The front clicks like it is supposed to. I removed the rubber seal from the rear post on the cowl and installed it in the receiving hole like I think it is supposed to go on.

However, the rear post will not seat itself into the seal/grommet. I added a little Tri-Flow to help it along. No go. I'm confused.

Old December 18th, 2008, 05:39 PM   #3
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Looks right, I didn't find any trick to it on ours. Rubber grommet goes in the rear metal piece. When putting it in, I pop the rear pin in first, then press the front until it clicks. I've read somewhere about some people having to make sure it's truly clicked in because it can pop off in some cases, but hasn't happened to me. Pics of ours:

Link to all pics...

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 18th, 2008, 05:42 PM   #4
Cochese
The Grand Royal

Hmmm.

I guess I'll give the the old college try again tomorrow. I hope it works okay with the Bike Litez fender eliminator when I finally get that damn thing installed.

I need to get a good lift for the bike and a nice portable heater for the garage!

Brrrr!

Thanks for the pics Alex.

Old December 18th, 2008, 06:48 PM   #5
kkim

make sure you have the correct rubber "standoffs" between front and rear. There is a difference, with one being taller than the other. can't remember which, but it's explained in the in cowl assembly instructions. From the looks of it, you may have the rubber pieces switched.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 18th, 2008, 09:46 PM   #6
Cochese
The Grand Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
make sure you have the correct rubber "standoffs" between front and rear. There is a difference, with one being taller than the other. can't remember which, but it's explained in the in cowl assembly instructions. From the looks of it, you may have the rubber pieces switched.
Son of a bitch, you're right!

I didn't buy it new, got it off of eBay from a guy for $61.00... he must have put them on backwards before he shipped it. Didn't come with instructions either...

Cool! I'm gonna go out to the garage tomorrow and swap them around. That should make things easier. I love this forum!

Thank you Mr. Kim!

Old December 18th, 2008, 09:59 PM   #7
Cochese
The Grand Royal

Ok, I couldn't wait so I put my slippers on and went out. I swapped them and it fits better. It actually latches now. I think the grommets need to "break in" a little bit because its a raging bitch to get it on.

Still. Much cleaner look. Now I need some sunlight so I can install my Tender Jr. leads, wire my rear LED blinkers and get the FE kit installed. I don't even have metal plates yet!

Old December 18th, 2008, 11:23 PM   #8
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
Son of a bitch, you're right!

I didn't buy it new, got it off of eBay from a guy for $61.00... he must have put them on backwards before he shipped it. Didn't come with instructions either...

Cool! I'm gonna go out to the garage tomorrow and swap them around. That should make things easier. I love this forum!

Thank you Mr. Kim!
lol... don't feel bad... you're not the first to have this problem and some of the ones that did, actually had the instructions but never read them.

glad to hear your bike is coming together.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote