Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja ZX-6R B/W

I like everything but the seat area...
Falcor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2012, 01:18 PM   #122
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

Name: Richard

Motorcycle(s): 03 Ninjette

that's how older styled bike look... *shrug* the pregen 250, the 500's, everything loks like that except the most modern sport bikes lol
Mulholland is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2012, 01:19 PM   #123
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

Name: William

Yeah, I've noticed that with most bikes before the new generations came out. I prefer the new styling much more.

Old April 16th, 2012, 01:44 PM   #124
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

I care 1000x as much about handsome full fairings than the look of the seat cushion and wether or not it has a divided seat for the passenger or a long bench lol. Like the sv650... and the 500r... half faired/"bikini' fairings are ugly to me.

Old April 16th, 2012, 01:49 PM   #125
andreafaerie91
ninjette.org member

Name: Andrea

Motorcycle(s): None yet... hoping for a ninja 650 :) (yes, that is a motorcycling my little pony :) )

I like the way the 2011 250 looks, the 12 has ugly striping and decals on it I want to repaint my bike anyways... lol but I like the body of the 650 and the 2011 250r I'm not that tiny, I'm 5'5 but I don't weigh much lol I like the suzuki but I don't like the tank, it's too bulky for my comfort (not sure what model it was but it looked like that).
andreafaerie91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2012, 01:52 PM   #126
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreafaerie91 View Post
I like the way the 2011 250 looks, the 12 has ugly striping and decals on it I want to repaint my bike anyways... lol but I like the body of the 650 and the 2011 250r I'm not that tiny, I'm 5'5 but I don't weigh much lol I like the suzuki but I don't like the tank, it's too bulky for my comfort (not sure what model it was but it looked like that).
They only have stripes if you get a SE model as far as i'm aware. I also want to do my own paint job to the bike since i have everything to do it

Old April 16th, 2012, 01:52 PM   #127
andreafaerie91
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): None yet... hoping for a ninja 650 :) (yes, that is a motorcycling my little pony :) )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
Yeah, I've noticed that with most bikes before the new generations came out. I prefer the new styling much more.
i like the dual headlights that look like a praying mantis on my bf's burgman lol when it gets down to just the looks of the bike i love everything about the 2012 650 i wish they'd make the 650 a 250. I'd be sold in a second. I don't really like having one headlight, i think it's kinda weird on a sport bike

Old April 16th, 2012, 01:54 PM   #128
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

if you're 5'5, then there's no way in hell the 250r should feel too small for you.... and yet the zook is too big feeling in the saddle? I am confused...

Either way, the lines you don't like are just vinyl graffics not paint, easily removed.

Old April 16th, 2012, 01:55 PM   #129
andreafaerie91
ninjette.org member

Quote:
They only have stripes if you get a SE model as far as i'm aware. I also want to do my own paint job to the bike since i have everything to do it
I want to do mine too, but I'm going to wait to do that until I'm comfortable I won't drop it. That or I'll do some custom vinyl work I have all kinds of colors and a professional cutter so... that's no issue lol

Old April 16th, 2012, 01:55 PM   #130
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

Quote:
I don't really like having one headlight, i think it's kinda weird on a sport bike
Throw some body filler on there, blend and paint it BAM two lights.... jk xD

Old April 16th, 2012, 01:55 PM   #131
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

Quote:
i like the dual headlights that look like a praying mantis on my bf's burgman lol when it gets down to just the looks of the bike i love everything about the 2012 650 i wish they'd make the 650 a 250. I'd be sold in a second. I don't really like having one headlight, i think it's kinda weird on a sport bike
http://sportisimotorsport.us/index.p...products_id=36

dual headlights for you.

Old April 16th, 2012, 01:56 PM   #132
andreafaerie91
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland View Post
if you're 5'5, then there's no way in hell the 250r should feel too small for you.... and yet the zook is too big feeling in the saddle? I am confused...

Either way, the lines you don't like are just vinyl graffics not paint, easily removed.
I know it's really wierd lol the gas tank just feels bulky like it's too wide. the saddle is just fine. the 250 feels like it's too low. not really too small, just, short lol

Old April 16th, 2012, 01:57 PM   #133
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

Quote:
You get a cookie.

Old April 16th, 2012, 01:58 PM   #134
andreafaerie91
ninjette.org member

Quote:
OOH! haha that's fantastic!! another thing to add to the list... I haven't really looked at mods and farkles yet. I'm still getting to know the real terminology and such so, i'm thinking of telling boyfriend what i want and he can show me what i need to get and do. I know I also want to do the light mod that flashes/strobes the brake light when i'm slowing down. not braking, just slowing down.

Old April 16th, 2012, 02:00 PM   #135
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

Quote:
OOH! haha that's fantastic!! another thing to add to the list... I haven't really looked at mods and farkles yet. I'm still getting to know the real terminology and such so, i'm thinking of telling boyfriend what i want and he can show me what i need to get and do. I know I also want to do the light mod that flashes/strobes the brake light when i'm slowing down. not braking, just slowing down.
Does it strobe when you down shift or something?

Old April 16th, 2012, 02:00 PM   #136
andreafaerie91
ninjette.org member

Quote:
You get a cookie.
a big cookie!
(>")>O

Old April 16th, 2012, 02:00 PM   #137
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

Okay, yeah the 250 is a bit lower than other bikes of the same size, but all the better for you to flatfoot on at 5.5' tall. And it's cheap wth a huge cheap aftermarket of sweet farkling goodnes. It's perfect for a lady looking to accessorize

Old April 16th, 2012, 02:01 PM   #138
andreafaerie91
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Does it strobe when you down shift or something?
if you just start to lose speed/decelerate without braking it strobes (to my understanding)

Old April 16th, 2012, 02:04 PM   #139
andreafaerie91
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Okay, yeah the 250 is a bit lower than other bikes of the same size, but all the better for you to flatfoot on at 5.5' tall. And it's cheap wth a huge cheap aftermarket of sweet farkling goodnes. It's perfect for a lady looking to accessorize
bahahaha i love your reasoning lol i don't want to do *too* much to it. I'd like to add more lights for saftey (I currently live in the boonies... lol) and the only other thing i can think of other than the dual headlights is finding a darn tailbag or saddle bag that's decent quality that will hold my dern laptop! (15.4") it doesn't have to be a hard case lol the givi ones are pretty but muy expensiveito.

btw, ufc... what's good? lol

Old April 16th, 2012, 02:08 PM   #140
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
if you just start to lose speed/decelerate without braking it strobes (to my understanding)
I don't know of anything that does that and I started a thread on it.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=89661
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2012, 02:12 PM   #141
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

Just ride with a friend so yall look like a car together also, front page of sportisi had upcoming headlight conversion fo angel eyes/HID conversion on 08+ 250r, as well as other places around the web distribute them if you're looking for superior light output.

Old April 16th, 2012, 02:14 PM   #142
andreafaerie91
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
I don't know of anything that does that and I started a thread on it.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=89661
there's a kit for it, i'll have to ask bf what it is. He'd been looking at getting a spyder after his accident (i was heavily against him getting another bike after that accident. scared me to death (i didn't know he'd only broken his pelvis until several hours later, all i knew is that he was in the hospital and it "looked bad" )) and it was a mod for that.

Old April 16th, 2012, 02:16 PM   #143
andreafaerie91
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Just ride with a friend so yall look like a car together also, front page of sportisi had upcoming headlight conversion fo angel eyes/HID conversion on 08+ 250r, as well as other places around the web distribute them if you're looking for superior light output.
awesome! I'm going to bookmark that site... lol I'm still quite a bit of ways away from getting a bike so, who knows, maybe next year's model will be even more awesome lol

Old April 16th, 2012, 02:38 PM   #144
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

Quote:
awesome! I'm going to bookmark that site... lol I'm still quite a bit of ways away from getting a bike so, who knows, maybe next year's model will be even more awesome lol
next years model will be the same as last years model the bike remained unchanged for 20+ years, and will remain so again until the EPA regulations force them to bring us the fuel injected bike, and they jack the cost up out of competative range and get killed by honda and korean 250's.

The 250r is as good as it's getting probably

Old April 16th, 2012, 03:23 PM   #145
andreafaerie91
ninjette.org member

Quote:
next years model will be the same as last years model the bike remained unchanged for 20+ years, and will remain so again until the EPA regulations force them to bring us the fuel injected bike, and they jack the cost up out of competative range and get killed by honda and korean 250's.

The 250r is as good as it's getting probably
lol i meant like the fairings and the lights hahah there's a little variance between them

Old April 16th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #146
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

Quote:
lol i meant like the fairings and the lights hahah there's a little variance between them
The only difference (aside from paint/vinyl schemes) I am aware of was a mild refresh in '10 involving swiching the polished muffler can for a back one, and the black gauge faces to white gauge faces.

Old April 16th, 2012, 04:20 PM   #147
andreafaerie91
ninjette.org member

Quote:
The only difference (aside from paint/vinyl schemes) I am aware of was a mild refresh in '10 involving swiching the polished muffler can for a back one, and the black gauge faces to white gauge faces.
hmm, i thought the 2011 sides were a different design... maybe I'm wrong... i'm gonna go check! haha (it's subtle stuff like that that gets me haha, I'm looking at it as "hmm... i can put some vinyl there...")

Old April 16th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #148
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

So good news, my dad said by the time i go and get the bike (in july) he will be able to just sign with me and i can pay it off myself score!

Old April 16th, 2012, 04:43 PM   #149
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R, 02 FZ1, '20 Fat Bob 114

Quote:
So good news, my dad said by the time i go and get the bike (in july) he will be able to just sign with me and i can pay it off myself score!
Nice! You're going to love it
ForceofWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2012, 04:44 PM   #150
andreafaerie91
ninjette.org member

Quote:
That's fantastic!

Old April 16th, 2012, 04:59 PM   #151
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceofWill View Post
Nice! You're going to love it
I want the dark blue one like yours if i can find one D:<

Old April 16th, 2012, 05:14 PM   #152
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R, 02 FZ1, '20 Fat Bob 114

Quote:
I want the dark blue one like yours if i can find one D:<
Financing a used one then? They stopped making blue in '10 and each year was a little different color.
ForceofWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2012, 05:21 PM   #153
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

Either way, if you're dad is going to do that and cosign, you're prbably better off having him sign up for a new credit card at yalls bank, add you as a user on the account and pay 0% interest and pay it off over the first year or 15months or 24months or whatever your bank does.

Old April 16th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #154
GreenNinja
ninjette.org guru

Name: I'm a ninja!

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Quote:
there's a kit for it, i'll have to ask bf what it is. He'd been looking at getting a spyder after his accident (i was heavily against him getting another bike after that accident. scared me to death (i didn't know he'd only broken his pelvis until several hours later, all i knew is that he was in the hospital and it "looked bad" )) and it was a mod for that.
That isn't fair of you to tell him NOT to get a bike after getting that accident but you intend to buy one yourself. You will put yourself in the same danger as he is if you get a bike.

As for farkles, you should take a look at this sweet farkle:
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...ati+headlights
Scroll down to wayanlam's high resolution posting.
GreenNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2012, 05:47 PM   #155
andreafaerie91
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenNinja View Post
That isn't fair of you to tell him NOT to get a bike after getting that accident but you intend to buy one yourself. You will put yourself in the same danger as he is if you get a bike.

As for farkles, you should take a look at this sweet farkle:
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...ati+headlights
Scroll down to wayanlam's high resolution posting.
He has a new bike now. It's been some time since the accident. After the accident I was deathly afraid of him getting on a bike again and I had no interest in getting near one myself. He convinced me and helped me learn more about bikes and I got more comfortable with the idea and then found myself wanting to get one myself

Old April 16th, 2012, 05:49 PM   #156
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

Quote:
Either way, if you're dad is going to do that and cosign, you're prbably better off having him sign up for a new credit card at yalls bank, add you as a user on the account and pay 0% interest and pay it off over the first year or 15months or 24months or whatever your bank does.
You lost me there, are you suggesting financing the rest of the bike with a credit card rather than through the dealership on a co signed card through our bank?

Old April 16th, 2012, 05:54 PM   #157
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
not really too small, just, short lol
Shorter dogbones, a taller rear tire, and/or redoing the seat can remedy that.

Mine will have the seat almost at SS seat height once I get my new dogbones installed.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2012, 06:13 PM   #158
GreenNinja
ninjette.org guru

Name: I'm a ninja!

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Quote:
I know it's really wierd lol the gas tank just feels bulky like it's too wide. the saddle is just fine. the 250 feels like it's too low. not really too small, just, short lol
Trust me, you will really like the fact that the ninja is too short for you when you have to go backwards. It sucks having to push the bike backwards while on tip toes
GreenNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2012, 06:19 PM   #159
ajcadoo
Towster ['__'`,-,

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Green Ninja 250 SE

I bought my bike 75% cash and the rest on a credit card. Paid off the card before they charged interest. I am a 19yr. old student as well. I would buy a used Gen1 if you will only have that much saved. Buying cash is always best.
ajcadoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2012, 06:27 PM   #160
andreafaerie91
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenNinja View Post
Trust me, you will really like the fact that the ninja is too short for you when you have to go backwards. It sucks having to push the bike backwards while on tip toes
I thought about that too I'm definitely going with a 250 but i can back up a 650 just fine too (I did it in the store for about 30 feet lol)