ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old January 25th, 2009, 01:56 AM   #1
Sound Wave
Ramen Rider

Name: Gary

Motorcycle(s): 2015 BMW R1200R, 08 Honda VFR800A (sold), 09 Ninja 250R (sold)

anyone know what bike this is?

was researching for rear huggers and saw this bike on the their front page. the thing looks awesome! was just wondering if anyone knows what bike it is? (the bike up top)

btw, their price of the rear hugger seems really reasonable. wondering what the shipping is though.

http://www.skidmarx.co.uk/
Sound Wave is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 25th, 2009, 01:58 AM   #2
Sound Wave
Ramen Rider

lol.. dumb.... i went back to the page and it said what bike it was. damn. getting a lot of these "moments" lately.

Old January 25th, 2009, 02:06 AM   #3
kkim

yeah, keep up with the medications... they do help.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 25th, 2009, 04:24 AM   #4
Gregular
Not on the rug... man

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Diablo Black Ninja 250r, 2009 Triumph Daytona 675 Special Edition

Just to wet your appetite,

Take the plunge and buy it
I'd look at other huggers if you plan to up the size of your rear tyre as this will only allow for a 130/70 according to a poster on KF.
I'll be able to confirm when my bike decides to turn upt

Old January 25th, 2009, 10:07 AM   #5
Sound Wave
Ramen Rider

man, greg... you are are all set to go, huh? yeah that is a great looking piece and a very reasonable cost. so, it comes to about $95.44 plus shipping. i came across that on 2fiddy.com

an update about the "tire width" thing would be appreciated when you find out. not sure if i will eventually want to go wider. the only reason why i would want to change to a larger rear tire is to blend in a little better with the "big boys".

Old January 25th, 2009, 12:25 PM   #6
Gregular
Not on the rug... man

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Diablo Black Ninja 250r, 2009 Triumph Daytona 675 Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Wave View Post
man, greg... you are are all set to go, huh?
This waiting for my bike business is killing me and my wallet. I swear I'm gonna start going to sleep in full gear if I don't get some 250 lovin' soon!

Old January 25th, 2009, 05:15 PM   #7
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Wave View Post
was researching for rear huggers and saw this bike on the their front page. the thing looks awesome! was just wondering if anyone knows what bike it is? (the bike up top)

btw, their price of the rear hugger seems really reasonable. wondering what the shipping is though.

http://www.skidmarx.co.uk/
Looks like a Bansai with a Kamikazi frame and a Samurai front end with Yamora wheels. These bikes were used in the ignitial death match of the best of the world series of ultimate street demons. It was a secret street race series and only published after the fact. Races were run in different countries so the "popo" couldn't catch them. There were 8 races and seven riders died during the series. The winning rider received a 09 Kawi 250 modified and customized buy a Hawaiian 250 guru. There are many pictures and videos online so you know where to look. I can't say how much was wagered on the series but many people made millions of Euros and Yen. There was only two Americans and both didn't make it though to the end. This was a test run to see if there was interest in a street race series where money and your life was on the line. Although the Americians (Yankee Dogs) didn't think it was worthwhile it is a big series in Asia where the particpants are considered heroes.

Last futzed with by CC Cowboy; January 26th, 2009 at 05:06 PM.
CC Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote