ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old February 4th, 2013, 06:05 PM   #81
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

You can use them on track days in the UK with no problems.

I park my bike in the same spot every day and it hasn't "leaked" a drop, it does however dispense nicely when I ride.
Joshorilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 4th, 2013, 06:21 PM   #82
himynameisjoe
ninjette.org sage

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250(Totaled)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshorilla View Post
It's probably still working fine, mine pumps just fine in sub zero temps I just adjust the flow rate a notch on the dispenser.
No there seems to just be a lot of air in the tube. It kinds spits air and a tiny bit of oil out at me, even in prime mode. I sent them an email about it, I got a new pump, but it still seemed to be doing it... it finally started dripping again, so we'll see if it continues to work now.

Old February 4th, 2013, 06:33 PM   #83
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

Quote:
Originally Posted by himynameisjoe View Post
No there seems to just be a lot of air in the tube. It kinds spits air and a tiny bit of oil out at me, even in prime mode. I sent them an email about it, I got a new pump, but it still seemed to be doing it... it finally started dripping again, so we'll see if it continues to work now.
Weird, mine primed fine, sounds less like a problem with the oil more with the pump, liquid pumps can destroy themselves if they aren't flooded before pumping and then they leak air into the system, that or the air just needs to be allowed to bleed out so the pump can be effective.

Mine primed by filling up the reservour, setting it to prime, and waiting for the tube to fill with oil till you get a few drips from the injectors, then you dial down the flow rate till you get the desired drip per minute then forget about it.

I don't want to sound like a smug git, but this is why I like the vsystem, it has no pumps or anything to go wrong.

Old February 4th, 2013, 06:43 PM   #84
himynameisjoe
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshorilla View Post
Weird, mine primed fine, sounds less like a problem with the oil more with the pump, liquid pumps can destroy themselves if they aren't flooded before pumping and then they leak air into the system, that or the air just needs to be allowed to bleed out so the pump can be effective.

Mine primed by filling up the reservour, setting it to prime, and waiting for the tube to fill with oil till you get a few drips from the injectors, then you dial down the flow rate till you get the desired drip per minute then forget about it.

I don't want to sound like a smug git, but this is why I like the vsystem, it has no pumps or anything to go wrong.
Ehh like I said, I still think it has to do with the cold personally. It worked perfectly fine for the first 2 weeks. But in the last few weeks it's been dipping down to around 10 - 0 degrees fahrenheit. (-12 -12 in Celsius). The viscosity was extremely thick when I was putting on the new pump this morning.

But yes, I fill up reservoir, prime, let it drip out of the reservoir its self, connect tube, prime again (and again and again) let the tube fill until it starts dripping onto the chain and then I'm done.

As I said, worked perfect for the first 2 weeks when the temperatures weren't diving into the low teens and bellow. It's not a very big pump, and the oil is pretty thick.

Ehh maybe the vsystem does work better? I'm not sure, either way, I like the E, I like the nerdiness of it. If they had major problems I'm sure they wouldn't still be selling them

Old February 4th, 2013, 11:50 PM   #85
menikmati
crash 250, get supersport

Name: Richard

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R SE (Sold 6/9/14), 2009 ZX-6R (Sold 6/25/14), Subaru BRZ

Hm, didn't know they ship out of Atlanta, Georgia. I would consider getting one just to throw it on the bike, but once I saw the $280 price tag for the electronic version (with the addition that you have to use their lube), I decided to stick with using Chain Saver.

Old February 5th, 2013, 10:15 AM   #86
red5
ninjette.org guru

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 09 ninja 15.256

Where does the oil go? Is your chain guard and front sprocket cover full of sludge after 1000 or so miles??

Old February 5th, 2013, 10:24 AM   #87
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

Name: William

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja ZX-6R B/W

It drips directly where the chain and rear sprocket meet so there SHOULDN'T be sludge everywhere. Just where you need it.
Falcor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 5th, 2013, 10:40 AM   #88
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

Quote:
Originally Posted by red5 View Post
Where does the oil go? Is your chain guard and front sprocket cover full of sludge after 1000 or so miles??
It drips enough oil so that your chain has the same amount of oil on it constantly, and it maintains that level at about the same as a day after lubing your chain, it sprays no more oil over the road than you do anyway, since you spray masses of oil out for the first few miles of riding after lubing your chain.

So instead of spraying tons of oil onto the road for a few miles after lubing, most of the oil will either come off at a miniscule and constant rate, or get washed away with the rain, or come off as vapour.

These system are proven not to be messy or dirty up the road, at least no more so than any other chain oil.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old February 6th, 2013, 04:08 PM   #89
Whiskey
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Morgan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, 2010 STR 675

it delivers a drop (0.023ml) every minute or so (depending on how you set it) when the bike is running, that's less than 1ml every 40 mins.

It does fling a little, but it's far from covering the sprocket cover & chain guard in crap.
@himynameisjoe At -12F I'd be putting something a little less viscous in it.
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 6th, 2013, 04:24 PM   #90
himynameisjoe
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
it delivers a drop (0.023ml) every minute or so (depending on how you set it) when the bike is running, that's less than 1ml every 40 mins.

It does fling a little, but it's far from covering the sprocket cover & chain guard in crap.
@himynameisjoe At -12F I'd be putting something a little less viscous in it.
Lol not -12 F I was using Celsius haha

Old December 10th, 2013, 05:19 PM   #91
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
I'll be getting one before too long though going to have to order both types of oil since summer gets so hot around here. Loving the idea of not having to oil the chain two or three times on long rides especially when every minute counts.

For those of you who have this, what sort of mileage are you getting out of the reservoir? I'm seeing everything from a few hundred to a few thousand and wondering what's the truth.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 11th, 2013, 06:44 AM   #92
lgk
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2012 EX250, 2014 EX300

It might sound crazy, but i like oiling my chain.
gives me a chance to consistently check things, lol.

Old December 11th, 2013, 12:42 PM   #93
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
I don't see it as a means of getting out of oiling my chain, i do every time i get to the 400 mile mark.

I like this idea because when I am trying for a IBA cert ride, those few minutes spent moving the bike to a safe place, getting gear off so i can move, and sitting there spinning the tire while oiling the chain, then putting my gear back on really add up. Then having to do that two or three times that day.

Rather check the chain at home or at the hotel when I can spend the time to do it right.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 11th, 2013, 06:55 PM   #94
stubshaft
Rode with the Dinosaurs..

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgk View Post
It might sound crazy, but i like oiling my chain.
gives me a chance to consistently check things, lol.
Me too...It makes me feel useful!
stubshaft is offline   Reply With Quote