corksil
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo View Post
I walked over 10 miles today... So sweaty my Mohawk fell over
An lifted heavy stuff, an yea I'm so sexy I can't date anyone
Maybe you shouldn't focus on dating. Maybe you should focus on you. It has been my experience through observation that a strict exercise regiment, coupled with a high-calorie, low carb diet - rich in rare meats and supplemented with a rigorous exercise routine - will produce far greater sensations of personal fulfillment and progress through life than a long walk with a sweat mohawk.

But everyone has to start somewhere, and I absolutely support you in your embarkment on the path toward life-long fitness.

I'll bet my left nut on the fact that when you got home after that sweaty walk, you sat on the couch and felt better than you have in years.

Here's to another walk tomorrow -- not for the purpose of going anywhere meaningful, but just to stretch out those leg muscles you toned today and keep them from cramping when you try to sit on the can and deposit the remains of your breakfast sometime around 4pm tomorrow.

What is even going on in this thread.... I make a post trying to motivate people to get in shape, and somehow now I'm arguing with an anti-cigarette-campaign-manager and some other guy who went for a walk and wants to be told "bravo! You did it!"

Where did I put my spectacles....

Old June 26th, 2014, 11:35 PM   #122
corksil

EDIT -- cool! my thread hit the 4 page mark! Am I famous yet?

Old June 27th, 2014, 02:42 AM   #123
Klondike1020
Intrepid Adventurer

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2004 GSXR 750 , 71 cb350streettracker, 07 Polaris Predator 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Danny View Post
Get it, lol. I don't know why I thought you were serious.. I guess I'm used to the body building forum where new members would join all the time and expect to get huge 18+ inch arms just by doing dumbbell curls 3 times a week and eating tons of hot dogs (I am completely 100% serious, there was a 14 year old that really posted this over there.)
I figured out the correct recipe!
Corn dogs w BBQ sauce! Never sleep and lift funnels 4times a week

I am swoll.

Lol
Klondike1020 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 27th, 2014, 02:49 AM   #124
Klondike1020
Intrepid Adventurer

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2004 GSXR 750 , 71 cb350streettracker, 07 Polaris Predator 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbinker View Post
Yesterday, I did:
20 45# bar overhead situps
20 45# good mornings
Then
Overhead Press:
10,8,6,4,3,2 40-80% max with handstand hold in between sets 15s.
Then
Run 400
10 Dead lift @ body weight(185)
40 lateral Jumps over the bar
x3 For time. 8:08.

Going to work out in 3 hours.
What the heck does all that mean?! It will take me hours of googling to know what all that is
Klondike1020 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 27th, 2014, 03:16 AM   #125
Ninjinsky

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250, Yamaha RS200 (classic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanoue View Post
The answer I expected from you. I would have been disapointed with any other answer. Guess the river:
I think I will start a new cult and explain that those things in the background are actually overgrown pyramids.
They are called the "Ajnin Pair" and there is a mystical point somewhere between them at which your brain is infused with the ultimate wisdom of the 5th level. I have achieved this (which is why I no longer do email financial deals with deposed Nigerian princes or eat spaghetti with a spoon)
The most fundamental part of the faith is that you send us ten percent of your gross income each month, this is very important because we know where you live.
Ninjinsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 27th, 2014, 04:16 AM   #126
allanoue

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by corksil View Post
Well then! I am most certainly glad that you are pleased! After all, I do everything in my day to day life for the sole purpose of pleasing others!

Once again I'd like to re-iterate. I am pleased that you are pleased. And it pleases me that you are pleased.

Would you like a beer? Or are you one of those newage pseudospiritual intellectual byproducts of human waste that things smoking and drinking and imbibing mind-adulterants to be a mark of the beast and unholy in the eyes of god?

Lighten up dude...

We're all friends here. I'll give you a beer if you can recite the pledge of allegiance without googling it on your iphone..

Oh right this is the fitness thread... not the bashing-on-people-because-they-can-run-farther-and-jump-higher-and-lift-heavier-weights-than-you thread.

Tomorrow is lifting heavy, maybe some cardio. Supposed to be a rest day, but it seems you just can't keep a big dog down.
You are wrong on every count about me and your request to lighten up is too funny coming from you. Yes you are famous.

Keep calm and ride on -Motofool
Never quit on a rainy day -ally99
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 27th, 2014, 05:59 AM   #127
allanoue

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinsky View Post
I think I will start a new cult and explain that those things in the background are actually overgrown pyramids.
They are called the "Ajnin Pair" and there is a mystical point somewhere between them at which your brain is infused with the ultimate wisdom of the 5th level. I have achieved this (which is why I no longer do email financial deals with deposed Nigerian princes or eat spaghetti with a spoon)
The most fundamental part of the faith is that you send us ten percent of your gross income each month, this is very important because we know where you live.
If you are unsure what river, just follow the pictures url.

Old June 27th, 2014, 07:25 AM   #128
Ninjinsky

Quote:
If you are unsure what river, just follow the pictures url.
Bet you are fun at parties
I am in no doubt what river it actually is, It was just an opportunity for a bit of fun,
Your "Denile"quip wouldn't make much sense either if we got pedantic. "You are in Debluenial" anyone?
The interesting thing about that river is the Egyptians promise to blow the crap out of the new dam if it interferes with their irrigation (and by implication food supply)
Very interesting politically.
https://www.commondreams.org/headline/2014/03/22

Old June 27th, 2014, 09:29 AM   #129
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14

Link to original page on YouTube.

Old June 27th, 2014, 10:06 AM   #130
Ninjinsky

Last futzed with by Ninjinsky; July 11th, 2014 at 08:30 AM.

Old June 27th, 2014, 10:32 AM   #131
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14

Old June 27th, 2014, 11:54 AM   #132
corksil

This is madness!

Old June 29th, 2014, 12:42 AM   #133
corksil

allano yeah GTFO of my thread plz. Thanks. k. bye. tkx.

Did anyone lift anything heavy today? Anyone tire them self out? If so, good work! You probably did more than most people do in a week.

I should start some social media campaign to get people to stop being lazy, but it would never work.

Instead, I have this thread.

Lifting is good because it teaches you how to control your brain. Everyone has a little voice in the back of their head that talks to them all the time. It's a narrator, it captions your life. This voice is not always helpful, and usually gives you the wrong advice. Sadly, most people don't listen to this voice enough. It's the voice that makes you think, if you let it. Thinking is not always good, but sometimes it can make you smarter.

"You" are not the physical body you inhabit. 'You' are not the clothing you wear or the stuff you own; 'you' are not your hands, your feet, your arms, your legs. You are the silent observer of the mind. You are the quiet place behind your eyes.

There are a thousand religions and equally as many literary works attempting to describe this phenomenon -- I'm not trying to discuss the 'spirit' or 'god' or any of that religious bullisht.

What I am talking about is indisputed scientific fact. When you exert yourself, when you ask more of your body than it is used to providing, you hear a voice. It tells you to stop, it tells you to relax, it tells you to sit down, catch your breath, to rest, to nap, to ask for help, to do something else, to set a date and decide to do it later, to stop, to quit.

Fitness is about meeting this voice. Seeing it, hearing it, feeling it, and realizing that it doesn't have your best interest at heart.

If you don't believe me, try it for yourself. Go find something heavy, and lift it up and put it down. Your body will complain, tell you to stop lifting the weight. It will tell you to go find a machine that will lift the weight for you. Your mind will feed you a thousand excuses as to why you shouldn't lift the heavy object again. That voice is not your friend.

Your brain operates at a much higher speed than your body does. Your brain feeds millions of thoughts per second into your body, and for 99% of the world's population, the body controls the mind. When things get hard, you don't do them.

Working out is all about overcoming that self-imposed limitation.

Go do what you should've done yesterday, and become stronger as a result.

Turn on some good music, make a plan, and get it done.

A better life is waiting.

Old June 29th, 2014, 04:49 AM   #134
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
I rode a bike yesterday. It was fun.

I like turtles. :P
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 29th, 2014, 03:21 PM   #135
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
allano yeah GTFO of my thread plz. Thanks. k. bye. tkx.

Did anyone lift anything heavy today? Anyone tire them self out? If so, good work! You probably did more than most people do in a week.

I should start some social media campaign to get people to stop being lazy, but it would never work.

Instead, I have this thread.

Lifting is good because it teaches you how to control your brain. Everyone has a little voice in the back of their head that talks to them all the time. It's a narrator, it captions your life. This voice is not always helpful, and usually gives you the wrong advice. Sadly, most people don't listen to this voice enough. It's the voice that makes you think, if you let it. Thinking is not always good, but sometimes it can make you smarter.

"You" are not the physical body you inhabit. 'You' are not the clothing you wear or the stuff you own; 'you' are not your hands, your feet, your arms, your legs. You are the silent observer of the mind. You are the quiet place behind your eyes.

There are a thousand religions and equally as many literary works attempting to describe this phenomenon -- I'm not trying to discuss the 'spirit' or 'god' or any of that religious bullisht.

What I am talking about is indisputed scientific fact. When you exert yourself, when you ask more of your body than it is used to providing, you hear a voice. It tells you to stop, it tells you to relax, it tells you to sit down, catch your breath, to rest, to nap, to ask for help, to do something else, to set a date and decide to do it later, to stop, to quit.

Fitness is about meeting this voice. Seeing it, hearing it, feeling it, and realizing that it doesn't have your best interest at heart.

If you don't believe me, try it for yourself. Go find something heavy, and lift it up and put it down. Your body will complain, tell you to stop lifting the weight. It will tell you to go find a machine that will lift the weight for you. Your mind will feed you a thousand excuses as to why you shouldn't lift the heavy object again. That voice is not your friend.

Your brain operates at a much higher speed than your body does. Your brain feeds millions of thoughts per second into your body, and for 99% of the world's population, the body controls the mind. When things get hard, you don't do them.

Working out is all about overcoming that self-imposed limitation.

Go do what you should've done yesterday, and become stronger as a result.

Turn on some good music, make a plan, and get it done.

A better life is waiting.
or what? Oh I know you can ignore me and I will not be able to post in any post you start.
no one tell me to F anything
grow up

Old June 29th, 2014, 03:46 PM   #136
cbinker
Track Clown

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, 21 MV F3 800, Kawasaki 400 build

MOTM - Sep '15
I put my liver through the most strenuous workout in years.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com
cbinker is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old June 29th, 2014, 11:26 PM   #137
corksil

Yeah I do that frequently as well. Have a b6 or two after a night of drinking and report back with your findings.

(Disclaimer, I am in no way responsible for you increasing your alcohol intake as a result of learning that vitamin b6 removes any traces of physical consequence the next day.)

EDIT -- you're probably older than I am, which means your body will complain more loudly than mine will. I haven't found a cure for age yet. I'll let you know when I do.

Old June 29th, 2014, 11:40 PM   #138
corksil

Alanass -- I attempted to be civil. I go through this with every single forum I post on.

Now I come to the same crossroad that I have many times before.

In one hand I have option A -- tell you in no uncertain terms that people like you are all that is wrong with this world. Insult you, tell you to go away, to bother someone else. Tell you that you are nothing more than a bug under my foot that will be crushed without second thought or even notice, in full stride, as I run past you following my own path.

Option B is the more politically correct version -- Put you on my ignore list, tell a mod about how you are being rude, won't share the toys, not being nice to the other kids in the room. Set things in motion to get either you or I banned -- and from my experience, whoever has been around the forum longer will probably come out as the 'victor.'

But if I keep doing what I've always done, I'll just get more of the same. So I'm going to go out on a limb and try for an option C -- Tell you that there must certainly be a misunderstanding, and try to resolve our differences.

With respect to all words thus far. Smoking is a lifestyle choice. If you want to criticize my lifestyle, that's your choice. I don't criticize your lifestyle, so I'm not sure what grounds you have to criticize mine. Now kindly apologize (which you won't), and go quietly ufck yourself to death in the corner with a piece of broken glass. Otherwise, I don't have time for you. Have a nice day.

Here's to NOT being friends. When you can bench 4 plates and squat 3 after running 20 miles, maybe you'll be on my radar. Otherwise take your fat and lazy ass somewhere else.

(sorry to everyone reading this thread -- nothing to see here, move right along with your fitness goals and ignore these posts of negativity so frequent with internet browsing.)

Old June 29th, 2014, 11:42 PM   #139
corksil

Anticipating a personal best tomorrow morning early, spent the day chucking logs around and looking forward to a strenuous workout tomorrow at dawn. Then it's off to the beach for a run!

Keep the fire alive, guys! Push yourself, and reap the benefits.

Old June 30th, 2014, 04:31 AM   #140
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
You start a thread about fitness and say you smoke. I post smoking is very detrimental to health and therefore fitness and you respond by insulting me. Yes I can see why you get band from other forms. I do not like you because you are a know it all who knows nothing. You are entertaining so I hope you do not get band.

Stop smoking! Its bad, OK.

Old June 30th, 2014, 10:12 AM   #141
EternalNewb

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R, 2007 Ninja 650R, 2001 F650 Dakar

So, uh, fitness guys?

On Saturday, I learned the hard way that pushing it and overdoing core and legs on Friday is not a good precursor to a long ride on Saturday. I basically spent all day in the twisties on an impromptu ride with a friend and some other buddies. Basically everyone else was way faster than me, and I wasn't familiar with anything past the Crest, so I was fighting not to ride outside my limits, but at the same time watching the road and fighting against muscle fatigue.

SO done by the time my friend and I made a pit-stop at her place, but still had 20-some odd miles to get home, and then more training to do. Needless to say, yesterday was a forced rest day, not that I could fit anything in with how much I worked. That said, today is back on track as soon as I'm done with work in the evening.
EternalNewb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 4th, 2014, 04:05 PM   #142
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Yes! Back on topic.

Today, I ventured out for an epic MTB ride. I was out the door at 7:30, drove to Mohican State Park, and rode the most awesome, flowy, hilly, fun 24 mile loop you could ever ask to be on one property. I also got to play with my new GoPro a little bit. Yes, the Hero 3 really does have a better mic, really is better in low light, and really does make better videos than the Hero HD. duh.

anyhow, I did well compared to my other rides on this same trail, I passed a bunch of people, I never got passed, my only accidents were minor bumps and scrapes, and I had a blast. I even managed to get out of Loudonville before the Mohican area campgrounds turned into a crazy redneck party spot for July 4th. http://www.strava.com/activities/161639314
Check out all them PR's.

OH! I also had a good road ride earlier in the week. http://www.strava.com/activities/160762589
I've been slacking on my mileage. I'll get as much in this weekend as I can as long as my knee holds out. It's doing much better overall, but I don't want to push too hard on it just yet.

Old July 4th, 2014, 06:58 PM   #143
cbinker
Track Clown

MOTM - Sep '15
Back on topic my week was brutal starting with Monday:
5 Pull Ups
10 Push Ups
15 Squats
20 Minutes AMRAP
19 rounds(95 pull ups, 190 push ups, 285 Squats)

Tuesday:
1 Power Snatch, 1 Hang Power Snatch, 2 Over Head Squats EMOM 8 minutes 105#
Think of the 12 days of Christmas song for this one:
1. Hanging Toes to Bar
2. V-ups
3. Med Ball Pike
4. Hanging "L" Leg raises
5. Butterfly Situps
6. 60 second plank
7. Ab rotator(2=1)
8. Bar Roll out (similar to ab wheel)
9. GHD Sit-Ups
10. Floor Wipers 65# Bar
11. Flutter Kicks (4=1)
12. Over Head Squat 65#

Wednesday:
Max Double Unders in 2 minutes - 120
1 Rep max on Jerk 210#
With 20# med ball:
25 Wall Balls to 10 foot line
run 400m w/med ball
25 Wall Balls
3:52

Thursday:
Turkish Get-Up Sit-Up 15 each side 35# kettlebell
1 Rep Max Over Head Squat - 175#
21-15-9
Burpee Pullup
Box Jump
7:09

Tomorrow at open gym I am going to attempt 225# Jerk again, I just missed it last time.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com

Old July 4th, 2014, 09:21 PM   #144
corksil

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalNewb View Post
So, uh, fitness guys?

On Saturday, I learned the hard way that pushing it and overdoing core and legs on Friday is not a good precursor to a long ride on Saturday. I basically spent all day in the twisties on an impromptu ride with a friend and some other buddies. Basically everyone else was way faster than me, and I wasn't familiar with anything past the Crest, so I was fighting not to ride outside my limits, but at the same time watching the road and fighting against muscle fatigue.

SO done by the time my friend and I made a pit-stop at her place, but still had 20-some odd miles to get home, and then more training to do. Needless to say, yesterday was a forced rest day, not that I could fit anything in with how much I worked. That said, today is back on track as soon as I'm done with work in the evening.
Well then. That certainly sounds difficult. But you did it! And you'll do it again!

I have a mantra I have picked up somewhere along during the first 10k pullups successfully completed in my life.

I'm gonna do this.
I'm doing this.
I'm getting it done.

It applies to anything difficult in life. Whether you find yourself at the point of blacking out, pumped to the max, body aching, feeling dizzy -- staring at that pull-up bar.. Or facing a task you have put off for too long.

For example, approaching an absolute babe on the street, or writing a difficult email...

I'm gonna do this. (Turn on computer, open gmail..)
I'm doing this. (Start typing, just type whatever comes to mind..)
I'm getting it done. (When you pause and feel like you can't go on.)

Staring at the weights on your last reps to failure...

I'm gonna do this. (Pick up the weight, shift it around in your hand)
I'm doing this. (Grunt out the first lift..)
I'm getting it DONNNNNEEEE (PUSH PUSH PUSH PUSH BAM. Finished.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Yes! Back on topic.

Today, I ventured out for an epic MTB ride. I was out the door at 7:30, drove to Mohican State Park, and rode the most awesome, flowy, hilly, fun 24 mile loop you could ever ask to be on one property. I also got to play with my new GoPro a little bit. Yes, the Hero 3 really does have a better mic, really is better in low light, and really does make better videos than the Hero HD. duh.

anyhow, I did well compared to my other rides on this same trail, I passed a bunch of people, I never got passed, my only accidents were minor bumps and scrapes, and I had a blast. I even managed to get out of Loudonville before the Mohican area campgrounds turned into a crazy redneck party spot for July 4th. http://www.strava.com/activities/161639314
Check out all them PR's.

OH! I also had a good road ride earlier in the week. http://www.strava.com/activities/160762589
I've been slacking on my mileage. I'll get as much in this weekend as I can as long as my knee holds out. It's doing much better overall, but I don't want to push too hard on it just yet.
Ufck YEAH! DO IT!

Nice. I am motivated after hearing this.

I had a brutal workout yesterday, I set a PR of 43 minutes... I guess that's time to put more weight on the bar. Oh well, it's bittersweet..

Beast mode engaged, victory imminent, invincibility on the horizon.

Keep it up brother.

Old July 4th, 2014, 09:24 PM   #145
corksil

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbinker View Post
Back on topic my week was brutal starting with Monday:
5 Pull Ups
10 Push Ups
15 Squats
20 Minutes AMRAP
19 rounds(95 pull ups, 190 push ups, 285 Squats)

Tuesday:
1 Power Snatch, 1 Hang Power Snatch, 2 Over Head Squats EMOM 8 minutes 105#
Think of the 12 days of Christmas song for this one:
1. Hanging Toes to Bar
2. V-ups
3. Med Ball Pike
4. Hanging "L" Leg raises
5. Butterfly Situps
6. 60 second plank
7. Ab rotator(2=1)
8. Bar Roll out (similar to ab wheel)
9. GHD Sit-Ups
10. Floor Wipers 65# Bar
11. Flutter Kicks (4=1)
12. Over Head Squat 65#

Wednesday:
Max Double Unders in 2 minutes - 120
1 Rep max on Jerk 210#
With 20# med ball:
25 Wall Balls to 10 foot line
run 400m w/med ball
25 Wall Balls
3:52

Thursday:
Turkish Get-Up Sit-Up 15 each side 35# kettlebell
1 Rep Max Over Head Squat - 175#
21-15-9
Burpee Pullup
Box Jump
7:09

Tomorrow at open gym I am going to attempt 225# Jerk again, I just missed it last time.
Brutal! You are a beast! So did you clean the 225# lift yet? Let's use this thread to keep eachother accountable.

Lifting heavy again tomorrow, bright and early.

I'll bet I could get better workouts in if I got a gym membership.. I've been considering it.. it's just a PITA when ppl try to talk to you and you're in the zone and you've got the music blaring and you're 100% focused and some skinny kid comes up and says something about incorrect form or some triviality.

Anyways, keep it up, everyone!

Old July 5th, 2014, 01:33 AM   #146
cbinker
Track Clown

MOTM - Sep '15
I can clean 265, still working on getting my jerk up there.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com

Old July 5th, 2014, 09:46 AM   #147
cbinker
Track Clown

MOTM - Sep '15
I have gone and done it 225 Clean/Jerk:

Link to original page on YouTube.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com

Old July 11th, 2014, 11:04 AM   #148
EternalNewb

Cardio yesterday, lifted today. Maybe more later. Want to drill kicks and more stretching/legs, but may be stuck at work instead.

Old July 16th, 2014, 08:04 AM   #149
Worldtraveller
ninjette.org sage

Name: Lane

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 (trackbike), CBR600RR, GS500F

Quote:
Well then! I am most certainly glad that you are pleased! After all, I do everything in my day to day life for the sole purpose of pleasing others!

Once again I'd like to re-iterate. I am pleased that you are pleased. And it pleases me that you are pleased.

Would you like a beer? Or are you one of those newage pseudospiritual intellectual byproducts of human waste that things smoking and drinking and imbibing mind-adulterants to be a mark of the beast and unholy in the eyes of god?

Lighten up dude...

We're all friends here. I'll give you a beer if you can recite the pledge of allegiance without googling it on your iphone..

Oh right this is the fitness thread... not the bashing-on-people-because-they-can-run-farther-and-jump-higher-and-lift-heavier-weights-than-you thread.

Tomorrow is lifting heavy, maybe some cardio. Supposed to be a rest day, but it seems you just can't keep a big dog down.
You were doing ok, until you showed yourself to be just as judgmental as allanoue.

He's right, there is no health benefit to be gained from smoking, but if you get pleasure from it, I don't care. As long as people keep it away from me (unlike drinking, smoking has an area affect....) I don't care what people do. I'm against helmet laws for the same reason, even though I'm ATGATT, I'm totally against trying to protect people from themselves.
Worldtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 16th, 2014, 08:08 AM   #150
Worldtraveller
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
I rode a bike yesterday. It was fun.

I like turtles. :P
As of last week, I have exceeded my total biking mileage from all of last year. (~720 miles so far)

My goal this year is over 2k miles. That might seem like a lot, but back when I lived in Az and biked all year, I averaged almost 1k miles/month.

Lifting and heavy bag 3 times/week, biking is up to 4-5 times a week (20 miles/day). Next weekend I'm racing the Ninjette. Life is good.

Old July 16th, 2014, 08:11 AM   #151
Worldtraveller
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Yeah I do that frequently as well. Have a b6 or two after a night of drinking and report back with your findings.

(Disclaimer, I am in no way responsible for you increasing your alcohol intake as a result of learning that vitamin b6 removes any traces of physical consequence the next day.)

EDIT -- you're probably older than I am, which means your body will complain more loudly than mine will. I haven't found a cure for age yet. I'll let you know when I do.
It's not b6. Studies have shown that simply drinking plenty of water while or after drinking substantial amounts of alcohol have the best results for eliminating hangovers.

There's a reason all the symptoms of hangovers are so similar to the symptoms of:......dehydration.

Old July 16th, 2014, 11:03 AM   #152
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldtraveller View Post
You were doing ok, until you showed yourself to be just as judgmental as allanoue.

He's right, there is no health benefit to be gained from smoking, but if you get pleasure from it, I don't care. As long as people keep it away from me (unlike drinking, smoking has an area affect....) I don't care what people do. I'm against helmet laws for the same reason, even though I'm ATGATT, I'm totally against trying to protect people from themselves.
Helmet states have lower motorcycle insurance rates so I would like PA to have a helmet law. It does affect you.

Smokers pay more for health insurance. I am not sure why since cancer is one of the cheapest ways to die.
Edit:
Do you see the hypocrisy in calling me judgmental?

Last futzed with by allanoue; July 16th, 2014 at 01:43 PM.

Old July 16th, 2014, 12:50 PM   #153
nickjpass
#squid

Name: nickypoo

Motorcycle(s): Track dedicated 2008 ZX6R

MOTM - Jul '16
I've been slacking off lately.

Lack of motivation.

Old July 16th, 2014, 03:08 PM   #154
Worldtraveller
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Helmet states have lower motorcycle insurance rates so I would like PA to have a helmet law. It does affect you.

Smokers pay more for health insurance. I am not sure why since cancer is one of the cheapest ways to die.
Edit:
Do you see the hypocrisy in calling me judgmental?
I'm not judging you, I actually agree with your opinion. I also don't care. I'm willing to put my money where my figurative mouth is too. I don't care if I pay more in insurance, either motorcycle, or health. I'm willing to pay more for other people's freedom.

I don't think the government should protect us from ourselves (although I don't have a problem for laws that are different for underage drivers). At some point, we all pay for our choices one way or another.

Disclaimer in case it matters: I don't smoke. Never have. Period. never even tried a cig or anything else. My lungs probably have plenty of damage though, from all the second hand smoke my parents inflicted on my growing up.

I drink, but on average, I probably have 2/week.

I exercise a fair bit, and I do it for the health benefits, so it seems like doing something counter productive like smoking is stupid. But not everyone exercises for physical health, so much as mental health (which I totally get as well) and/or vanity, which seems to be at least a fair bit of corksil's motivation. (Again, not judging, don't care, but that makes the smoking less of a seeming conflict/hypocrisy to me.)

Old July 16th, 2014, 06:34 PM   #155
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
As of last week, I have exceeded my total biking mileage from all of last year. (~720 miles so far)

My goal this year is over 2k miles. That might seem like a lot, but back when I lived in Az and biked all year, I averaged almost 1k miles/month.

Lifting and heavy bag 3 times/week, biking is up to 4-5 times a week (20 miles/day). Next weekend I'm racing the Ninjette. Life is good.
Good work!

I'm up to about 1100 this year already. I'm averaging about 100 a week with a 40 hour/week job.

Old July 16th, 2014, 06:40 PM   #156
EternalNewb

^Beastly! Very nice. I'm trying to find a decent way to swap out running for swim, but if that doesn't work I may go for cycling instead.

Old July 17th, 2014, 09:11 AM   #157
Worldtraveller
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Good work!

I'm up to about 1100 this year already. I'm averaging about 100 a week with a 40 hour/week job.
If I can consistently ride to work every day, I would average 100/week as well (it's 11 miles each way). It just seems like there's always errands, honey do-s, and other stuff I need to take the motorcycle or car for.

Old July 17th, 2014, 06:13 PM   #158
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
And rain. Don't forget rain.

Old July 18th, 2014, 11:06 AM   #159
Worldtraveller
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
And rain. Don't forget rain.
Rain doesn't slow me down on the bike, unless it's also below 40 degrees.

I've got fenders, lights, and good rain gear.

Old July 18th, 2014, 05:48 PM   #160
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Rain doesn't slow me down on the bike, unless it's also below 40 degrees.

I've got fenders, lights, and good rain gear.
bleh. extra cost, extra weight, extra hassle. I just bike. If I get caught in a storm, I get wet.

cold keeps me inside though. I hate cold. I refuse to bundle up. I hate cold with a passion.