Go Back   ninjette.org > 2013 - 2017 Ninja 300 > 2013 - 2017 Ninja 300 Farkles

Notices

Old August 31st, 2014, 05:48 PM   #1
NurseWest
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 ABS

TST Industries Integrated Tail Light, Fender Eliminator & LED Turn Signals

So I installed my TST Industries Integrated Tail Light, Fender Eliminator, and LED Turn Indicators.

The whole install went well, although I broke one clip on one of the body pieces right below the Driver's seat. Those damned friction fasteners..

The only thing that gave me a hard time is putting the Passenger's seat back in afterwards. It's like the pegs at the rear wouldn't go as far in as before, on top of the light, so I couldn't get the front locking part in place without using a lot of force. I know fitment can't always be 100% spot-on with aftermarket parts, but is there something I might have done wrong, or something I can do to fix it? Had a time getting the light into place, too. In any case, I intend to get the Rear Cowl in the near future.

All of the fasteners, screws and rivets were perfectly lined up.

Other question, about the Driver's seat. Do I need to be extra careful putting it back into place, to ensure the bike's electronics are protected from water? The two bolts lined up perfectly, and I made sure the two pegs on the back went into their slots. Should be all there is to it, right?

Pictures will come tomorrow if the weather is nice!

Edit: I took an Xacto knife to those little plastic pegs, and it fits perfectly now. There was just a bit of excess plastic somewhere and it didn't let them fit in quite right.

Last futzed with by NurseWest; September 1st, 2014 at 12:01 PM.
NurseWest is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 1st, 2014, 03:31 PM   #2
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Looks good man
JohnnyBravo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 1st, 2014, 04:01 PM   #3
NurseWest
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 ABS

Thanks! Couple other things to come.. It seems every time I check one thing off of my wish list, I find three more I want. Expensive hobby, lol.
NurseWest is offline   Reply With Quote