ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old April 22nd, 2010, 03:54 PM   #1
Dano
ninjette.org sage

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 09' Blue Ninja 250R and 07' Honda 919

First Ride on new 09' Impressions.

Ok finally got the new 09' blue ninjette delivered last night and rode it to work today 42 miles one way. Only mod is a werkes slip on and rejetted for it.

Last bike i owned was a 00' SV 650 that I had for 6yrs and sold 2yrs ago.

Impressions.

1. Bike fits me great I am short and like being able to have both feet down at stoplights.

2. Power is good but since I couldn't rev it out all the way due to break in I dont know what the top end will feel like. It currently has only 50 miles on it. I couldn't tell if I am going to be wanting more power. For the commute it was good, not great I have a mix of highway, backroads and side streets.

3. Handling was good no problems.

4. Heard that whine from the gas tank, opened cap and it quit, seems stupid that noone at kawasaki fixed it..stupid problem from such a large corporation. Its annoying.

5. There is no freaking room under the passenger seat for crap!

Over all the bike rides great and I really like it, I will be changing a few things over the summer like the liscense plate hanger and looking for a larger double windscreen but I think its a great bike for the price.
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 22nd, 2010, 07:44 PM   #2
gogoKawi
ninjette.org sage

Name: Dre

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300, 2008 ZX6, 2011 Ninja 1000

Congrats on the purchase! I used to think there was no room under the passenger seat until I got my new bike. Then I thought the 250 had an over-sized trunk because it could fit my gloves and disc lock. Funny how perspectives change...
gogoKawi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 22nd, 2010, 08:52 PM   #3
Samer
ninjette.org guru

Name: Samer

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE

Do a search on this forum about the tank sound. You'll see that most people, including me, don't mind it at all. It kind of gives the bike character.

As for the break-in RPM. If you're riding it in the highway, there's no way not to be at high RPM. Don't bother worrying about riding at high RPM. Just ride it normally and try not to stay at one RPM for too long. Also, make sure that you've ridden it for a few minutes before going to higher RPM. I think going up to 10K or 11K every now and then will be fine, even for a brand new bike.
Samer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 22nd, 2010, 08:59 PM   #4
zenrush
ninjette.org member

Name: Russ

Motorcycle(s): 2008 650R, 2009 250R (sold)

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano View Post
4. Heard that whine from the gas tank, opened cap and it quit, seems stupid that noone at kawasaki fixed it..stupid problem from such a large corporation. Its annoying.
The lady of the house heard that sound for the first time tonight and said it sounded like the bike was crying because it was in the garage and not on the road.
zenrush is offline   Reply With Quote