ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old April 8th, 2024, 01:19 PM   #1
Omnitech
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Intro/Project thread

Hello! My name is Eric and I've been lurking in the shadows here since December. I recently acquired and 07 250 for practically free and I thought I would start a build thread now that I've decided what to do with it. You all have already taught me a lot about these bikes reading the last decade of builds on here so thank you for that!

The Bike:
2007 Ninja250. 12k miles of pretty hard riding but well maintained (I know the previous owner well).

The goodies that came with it: Rear Sets, woodcraft bars, adjustable lowering links Dynojet kit and Two brothers slip on exhaust.

Ill need new pegs and the exhaust is scuffed up, but nothing was damaged too bad in the low sleed spill.

I have replaced the bent up bars and dash so far and rebuilt the carbs.

GOOOOOOALS!!!!
List of Priorities with this build.
1. Safety.
2. Have fun.
3. Make noise when the neighbor starts up his big block Vega.
4. Look Cool (I need a lot of help).
5. Speed.

With that said, I want to go drag racing. No I won't get a bigger bike.. yet. I am on a tight budget and spend most of my time working and taking care of my wife who has some serious health issues (shes still going strong though!) so Riding on the weekends will involve blasting up and down the perfectly strait farm roads near my house for a half hour at a time.

*Tuck and let it rip. Slow down to a safe speed to take the 90 degree sand covered turn onto a one lane road... tuck and let it rip*

Long story less long, I want to use this bike to get my skills back as a mechanic and get involved in racing again. Get the bike safe, running well, set up for nice launches and get a ton of seat time while watching real bikes race and I build something faster... like a 400 .

Again, this will be a slow project do two budget and time constraints but I will keep this updated as I move along and pick everyone's brains.

PS: Im for real not getting another bike, I traded a special edition lord of the rings that I had two of for it . Ill be adding another post with the specifics of my mediocre goals.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo_2024-04-08_12-42-15.jpg (156.4 KB, 1 views)
Omnitech is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Old April 9th, 2024, 06:47 AM   #2
Omnitech
ninjette.org newbie

Good morning! I got a little bit of work done last night sealing the tank. It was pretty rusty but no leaks. The dent in the tank is a pretty sharp crease so I'm leaving it. I might replace or fix it one day but its not worth the effort right now, Ill just get rid of the rust and throw some pain on it.

The POR15 tank sealer is amazing! It was incredibly easy to use and very effective. I was shocks at how little I needed.

And pic of the Bike after I rolled it off the trailer.

Have a great day folks.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old April 14th, 2024, 10:07 AM   #3
CaliGrrl
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
Welcome to the board!
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2024, 01:37 PM   #4
Omnitech
ninjette.org newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliGrrl View Post
Welcome to the board!
Thank you! Its been an immense help already. Hopefully ill be posting a video of this thing running this weekend. If amazon sends me the correct battery this time lol.