ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Notices

Old February 19th, 2022, 06:35 PM   #281
marshallsmith27
ninjette.org member

Name: Marshall

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250 and 2006 Triumph America

I will check a cylinder on my triumph that way I know if its the gauge or not. It did come from harbor freight so it could be faulty out of the box.
marshallsmith27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 19th, 2022, 06:39 PM   #282
marshallsmith27
ninjette.org member

I took the carbs off to clean them since it started running weird the night before so let me put them back on and check again.

And I torqued the valves to either 12 or 14ft-lbs I dont remember which one. It was whatever the forum said they said to do it to

Old February 19th, 2022, 06:45 PM   #283
marshallsmith27
ninjette.org member

I did it with no carbs on. I’ll put them on and check

Old February 19th, 2022, 06:45 PM   #284
shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallsmith27 View Post
I took the carbs off to clean them since it started running weird the night before so let me put them back on and check again.

And I torqued the valves to either 12 or 14ft-lbs I dont remember which one. It was whatever the forum said they said to do it to
You don't need to torqued the valves
This how it done

Link to original page on YouTube.

shspvr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 19th, 2022, 06:56 PM   #285
marshallsmith27
ninjette.org member

@shspvr that video is exactly what I did. that is what I said I checked 4 times to make sure the values were right. I watched the video just now in case there was something that I missed

btw carbs back on same PSI

Old February 19th, 2022, 07:01 PM   #286
shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
@shspvr that video is exactly what I did. that is what I said I checked 4 times to make sure the values were right.
Ok i'm assuming the carburetors were off when you did the compression test ? is that right because it need be at wide in order to get proper reading.
Ok now you did a dry test now you need to do a wet test by pouring small amount of oil into the cylinder what are the new reading ?..

Old February 19th, 2022, 07:06 PM   #287
marshallsmith27
ninjette.org member

how much oil are we talking exactly? 1 oz 2 oz?

and yes I did it with the carbs off and then the carbs on with WOT

Old February 19th, 2022, 07:07 PM   #288
shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
The bike has 3,800 miles currently.
One can only assume that this is the original dash cluster but I can guarantee you one thing that it possibly it wasn't unless you knew the original owner.

Old February 19th, 2022, 07:08 PM   #289
shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
how much oil are we talking exactly? 1 oz 2 oz?

and yes I did it with the carbs off and then the carbs on with WOT
about 1 oz is all you need
If have old oil can pump squirter one pump should be ok

Old February 19th, 2022, 07:11 PM   #290
marshallsmith27
ninjette.org member

I guess it could be so but when I bought the bike it had 7 miles and was sold back to the same dealership with only 1 mile. the owner of the shop rode it for 4 and some other people totaled it to 7. I remember him telling me. I mean I guess it could be a different odometer but the bike still had all the original stickers and when I went to take it apart a few years ago after the wreck the factory paint marks on the fasteners were still there. it was spotless

Old February 19th, 2022, 07:15 PM   #291
shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
I guess it could be so but when I bought the bike it had 7 miles and was sold back to the same dealership with only 1 mile. the owner of the shop rode it for 4 and some other people totaled it to 7. I remember him telling me. I mean I guess it could be a different odometer but the bike still had all the original stickers and when I went to take it apart a few years ago after the wreck the factory paint marks on the fasteners were still there. it was spotless
How long did the bike sit ?.
never mind I see it has been under tarp for the last 8 years

Old February 19th, 2022, 07:20 PM   #292
marshallsmith27
ninjette.org member

A lot. I bought it in either 2011 (I think it was 2011) or 2012. The guy bought I guess it would have been 2006 since its a 2007 model year and never rode it once. then I was hit on it in 2013 I think. Its sat covered from the weather since then, until now.

The reason I know its got to be true is because the shop I bought it from are very good friends with my dad and grandfather and my uncle. We have know them them since the 70s. I'm not that old but my family has bought every single powersport vehicle they have ever owned from them. So unless the guy that initially owned it replaced the odometer then its right

Old February 19th, 2022, 07:27 PM   #293
shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
A lot. I bought it in either 2011 (I think it was 2011) or 2012. The guy bought I guess it would have been 2006 since its a 2007 model year and never rode it once. then I was hit on it in 2013 I think. Its sat covered from the weather since then, until now.
My guest would be the rings could be hanged up in the groove or the cylinder has rust spot so it can't build the compression that assuming that the valves are sitting all way.

Old February 19th, 2022, 07:34 PM   #294
marshallsmith27
ninjette.org member

you think there actually could be rust in the cylinder? there isnt any rust anywhere on the bike since it has been covered. the only thing that has rust is the chain

Old February 19th, 2022, 07:37 PM   #295
shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
you think there actually could be rust in the cylinder? there isnt any rust anywhere on the bike since it has been covered. the only thing that has rust is the chain
Yes, it very possible it valves where open at the time the only fine out with a bore scope

Old February 19th, 2022, 07:45 PM   #296
marshallsmith27
ninjette.org member

I dont know anyone with one of those. It really sounds like I might actually be done with this bike soon. I'm getting really put off by one thing after the other. I dont have much time anymore. I am going to try the oil in the cylinder in a few.

Old February 20th, 2022, 03:32 AM   #297
marshallsmith27
ninjette.org member

amazon has borescopes for about $30 I might buy one. I guess it wouldnt cost that much to have the cylinder bored and relined. I am going to check that gauge on another vehicle and if thats not the problem I will check the valves again and then maybe buy the borescope

Old February 20th, 2022, 03:39 AM   #298
shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
I dont know anyone with one of those. It really sounds like I might actually be done with this bike soon. I'm getting really put off by one thing after the other. I dont have much time anymore. I am going to try the oil in the cylinder in a few.
so what was wet oil test reading ?.

Old February 20th, 2022, 03:41 AM   #299
marshallsmith27
ninjette.org member

I have not got a chance to do that but I will have time when the sun comes up. will the oil test show that there is wear? like filling in gaps?

it's 31º and the shop has no heat and my outside cats are fast asleep under their heat lamp so I dont want to run them out because they will as soon as I start turning the engine over.

Old February 20th, 2022, 03:56 AM   #300
shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
I have not got a chance to do that but I will have time when the sun comes up. will the oil test show that there is wear? like filling in gaps?
Yes it will indicate some sort of leaking going on, but it all depends on how much the pressure goes up if it way up on both side which usually indicate piston ring or cylinder wall damage, and this also help with valves sealing to and much cheaper than a leakdown tester.

Old February 20th, 2022, 04:00 AM   #301
marshallsmith27
ninjette.org member

Thats what I thought. I will definitely put some in there in a few hours

Old February 20th, 2022, 04:02 AM   #302
marshallsmith27
ninjette.org member

the leak down tester wasn't that much more it was about $75 after tax and the compression gauge was $40. probably best to have the compression gauge though if I had to choose one

Old February 20th, 2022, 04:11 AM   #303
shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
the leak down tester wasn't that much more it was about $75 after tax and the compression gauge was $40. probably best to have the compression gauge though if I had to choose one
Same here I much rather have a compression tester and do a dry and wet test to get the reading

Old February 20th, 2022, 06:11 AM   #304
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

if putting a squirt or at the most 2 squirts of oil in the cylinder and doing a compression test WITH the throttle wide open improves the compression reading a large amount ( say 20lbs) then that denotes the rings are leaking
the test is not foolproof as valves can also show that ,but it is rare.
....I doubt the cylinders are rusty but being under a tarp for 8 years could well do that. it's hard to say.... I suspect you have 160psi in each cylinder and your gauge is just off.... check it on the Triumph real quick if it is about as low then don't worry about it....
it's very common to get bad gauges now days for some reason especially if it's a fairly cheap gauge !
it could be stuck rings on the piston due to all the oil and stuff you've been squirting in there LOL but it's highly unlikely !
if it was running decent I'd leave it alone till I could confirm exactly what the problem is.
.... if it was firing on both cylinders but not running the best I would suspect the carbs being dirty still.....
Don't get led astray by the low compression reading when you don't know if the gauge is accurate..... if it is then yes the head needs to come off.
Bob....

Old February 20th, 2022, 06:44 AM   #305
shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob KellyIII View Post
if putting a squirt or at the most 2 squirts of oil in the cylinder and doing a compression test WITH the throttle wide open improves the compression reading a large amount ( say 20lbs) then that denotes the rings are leaking
the test is not foolproof as valves can also show that ,but it is rare.
....I doubt the cylinders are rusty but being under a tarp for 8 years could well do that. it's hard to say.... I suspect you have 160psi in each cylinder and your gauge is just off.... check it on the Triumph real quick if it is about as low then don't worry about it....
it's very common to get bad gauges now days for some reason especially if it's a fairly cheap gauge !
it could be stuck rings on the piston due to all the oil and stuff you've been squirting in there LOL but it's highly unlikely !
if it was running decent I'd leave it alone till I could confirm exactly what the problem is.
.... if it was firing on both cylinders but not running the best I would suspect the carbs being dirty still.....
Don't get led astray by the low compression reading when you don't know if the gauge is accurate..... if it is then yes the head needs to come off.
Bob....
Bob unless you ever been to alabama it has very high humidity and high temperature and I been thru out the south state in big rigs with my mother ex-boyfriend who long haul driver to florida one summer.

The compression test gauge can be easy be check with against a air compressor gauge usually within + or - a few pounds of being accurate to each other.

Last futzed with by shspvr; February 21st, 2022 at 03:17 AM.

Old February 21st, 2022, 03:19 AM   #306
shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Thats what I thought. I will definitely put some in there in a few hours
Will did get a chance to wet test it ?.

Old February 21st, 2022, 06:30 AM   #307
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shspvr View Post
Bob unless you ever been to alabama it has very high humidity and high temperature and I been thru out the south state in big rigs with my mother ex-boyfriend who long haul driver to florida one summer.

The compression test gauge can be easy be check with against a air compressor gauge usually within + or - a few pounds of being accurate to each other.
I've been there... hottest place on the planet with that high humidity !
...but I've had engines that I've tore apart after setting 10 years and not a speck of rust on the cylinders and they were sitting with no exhaust pipe, just a header pipe on them and a board over the carb.... not the best for keeping moisture out.... .... by now with his running it the cylinders would be clean and shiny but the rings may well be stuck to the piston....
besides they cylinders are supposed to be coated with a hard coating aren't they ?....or does the coating thing go back that far in years?
anyway.... it's a luck of the draw thing could be anything from really rusty to clean as a whistle....

I've taken old briggs and stratton engines that were laying on their side for 20 years and got them running with very little work cylinders completely rusted up crank frozen and in general done for.... i honed the cylinder drenched it in WD-40 and broke it loose and got it turning.... started it with quick start and it ran great.... I still have that motor ! LOL
.....oil is amazing stuff when it coats parts it usually does it very well....
and rust likes areas that are exposed to oxygen there's not alot of that inside a sitting engine but there are oil fumes....
.... outside where the air can get to it...that is a whole nother story, I've seen bare metal rust up in 2 days ! completely.....( bar stock is bad about that!)
..... i need to get a compression tester the only one I have is a press on type and it's no good for the Triumph....
needs a screw on hose !

Bob........

Old February 21st, 2022, 08:23 AM   #308
shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
I've been there... hottest place on the planet with that high humidity !
...but I've had engines that I've tore apart after setting 10 years and not a speck of rust on the cylinders and they were sitting with no exhaust pipe, just a header pipe on them and a board over the carb.... not the best for keeping moisture out.... .... by now with his running it the cylinders would be clean and shiny but the rings may well be stuck to the piston....
besides they cylinders are supposed to be coated with a hard coating aren't they ?....or does the coating thing go back that far in years?
anyway.... it's a luck of the draw thing could be anything from really rusty to clean as a whistle....

I've taken old briggs and stratton engines that were laying on their side for 20 years and got them running with very little work cylinders completely rusted up crank frozen and in general done for.... i honed the cylinder drenched it in WD-40 and broke it loose and got it turning.... started it with quick start and it ran great.... I still have that motor ! LOL
.....oil is amazing stuff when it coats parts it usually does it very well....
and rust likes areas that are exposed to oxygen there's not alot of that inside a sitting engine but there are oil fumes....
.... outside where the air can get to it...that is a whole nother story, I've seen bare metal rust up in 2 days ! completely.....( bar stock is bad about that!)
..... i need to get a compression tester the only one I have is a press on type and it's no good for the Triumph....
needs a screw on hose !

Bob........
But Bob the Briggs and Stratton block were also all aluminum cylinder liner unless it was Pro Block you get no rust but valve may rust and was notorious for getting egg shape and burning oil to.
I have buddy 85 C10 350 truck with head off and pan pulled just sitting around for 1 year the cylinders rusted even know I spayed them with WD40 and or PB B'laster about every 3 months

Old February 21st, 2022, 09:09 AM   #309
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shspvr View Post
But Bob the Briggs and Stratton block were also all aluminum cylinder liner unless it was Pro Block you get no rust but valve may rust and was notorious for getting egg shape and burning oil to.
I have buddy 85 C10 350 truck with head off and pan pulled just sitting around for 1 year the cylinders rusted even know I spayed them with WD40 and or PB B'laster about every 3 months
Nah ! it may not have been a B&S but it was all cast iron...came off my grandfathers reel lawn mower that used to drag him around the yard !
i tried to help him Mow the grass with it one time and it took me for a scary ride ! HA ! it drug me across the yard while grandpa laughed ! finally I did a face plant but stopped it !
just because it sits does not mean it will be rusted up.... there is a good chance it will be, but it is not gauntreed that it will be rusty in the cylinder....

Bob......

Old February 21st, 2022, 07:12 PM   #310
shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Nah ! it may not have been a B&S but it was all cast iron...came off my grandfathers reel lawn mower that used to drag him around the yard !
i tried to help him Mow the grass with it one time and it took me for a scary ride ! HA ! it drug me across the yard while grandpa laughed ! finally I did a face plant but stopped it !
just because it sits does not mean it will be rusted up.... there is a good chance it will be, but it is not gauntreed that it will be rusty in the cylinder....

Bob......
Then that got be more 30+ years old being when last cast iron model was produce as the aluminum models have been around sense 1955.

Old February 22nd, 2022, 12:32 AM   #311
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Even with alloy bores and pistons, rings are iron/steel in these bikes, so can rust over time (these have steel sleeves). Especially in humid climates as Anthony mentioned. Anodic corrosion may occur between dissimilar metals.

1. As suggested, test calibration of gauge on known-good engine, such as Triumph. If low-compression on NInjette confirmed... then...

2. hail-mary attempt can't possibly make things worse. I've gotten 60psi Toyota engines back up to 195psi with piston-soak regimen:

- put piston at BDC, squirt in 5-sec of PB-Blaster, this stuff works great on rusted and corroded steel parts.

- put other piston at BDC and squirt in 5-sec of PB-Blaster

- put both pistons mid-way between TDC & BDC and squirt in 5-sec of PB-blaster in both

- lightly lay plugs over holes and let sit 8-hrs overnight.

- squirt in 3-5cc acetone in each cylinder to rinse out cruds, crank over engine couple seconds to flush it out.

- repeat PB-Blaster soak one more time, 8-hrs

- repeat acetone rinse

- CHANGE OIL

- run engine and warm-up for 5-minutes

- do wet compression test with couple squirts of oil

What numbers do you get? If hasn't improved, then tear-down may be necessary....

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; February 22nd, 2022 at 09:31 AM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 22nd, 2022, 04:26 AM   #312
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Been there done the equivalent of that !!!!
the engine was seezed when I started working on it it would not turn over , I pulled 6 plugs ( chevy in line 6 old 1954 pickup) starter button on the floor !
I worked it back and forth with a breaker bar and it finally came loose ! I was super happy at that point .... over a week of soaking every day with oil wd-40 and gasoline to wash it out every other day i finally got it loose enough to try the electric starter.... that flushed out the cylinders real good but covered one fender with oil and crap.... no biggy as it was going to be painted anyway....
the compression was good enough to pop my thumb off the cylinder on each plug hole so I checked spark and had to fix that.... got that done and pulled the carb and gave it a good going over put it back together and used quick start and primed it with about 3 oz. of fuel and hit the starter it fired up on the second revolution ! and ran great....
in the months to follow it never moved, so I traded it for a CB radio and a weener pig that we had butchered ....
that fella really wanted that truck in the worst way so I got everything that he had for the radio and I moved to the deep woods and used that to communicate with my Mom every night ! I built a log cabin, made the road and log bridge and had a gay o'l time being young.... now I would not even attempt something like that ! LOL
Bob......

Old February 22nd, 2022, 06:45 AM   #313
shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Been there done the equivalent of that !!!!
the engine was seezed when I started working on it it would not turn over , I pulled 6 plugs ( chevy in line 6 old 1954 pickup) starter button on the floor !
I worked it back and forth with a breaker bar and it finally came loose ! I was super happy at that point .... over a week of soaking every day with oil wd-40 and gasoline to wash it out every other day i finally got it loose enough to try the electric starter.... that flushed out the cylinders real good but covered one fender with oil and crap.... no biggy as it was going to be painted anyway....
the compression was good enough to pop my thumb off the cylinder on each plug hole so I checked spark and had to fix that.... got that done and pulled the carb and gave it a good going over put it back together and used quick start and primed it with about 3 oz. of fuel and hit the starter it fired up on the second revolution ! and ran great....
in the months to follow it never moved, so I traded it for a CB radio and a weener pig that we had butchered ....
that fella really wanted that truck in the worst way so I got everything that he had for the radio and I moved to the deep woods and used that to communicate with my Mom every night ! I built a log cabin, made the road and log bridge and had a gay o'l time being young.... now I would not even attempt something like that ! LOL
Bob......
Got love those old InLine 6 there petty hard to kill once you get them unstuck but I done one which there was no in hell to fix it without boring it one cyl as it so rusted the piston had to be melt out so we turn in 5 cyl it run as our grandfather only use it to hual hay around the farm

Old February 25th, 2022, 04:21 AM   #314
marshallsmith27
ninjette.org member

Sorry I disappeared for a few days. My grandmother passed away literally while I was typing out the last message. I went out to see her at hospice which is 2 minutes from here and came home and within 15 minutes she had passed. I had been out there 3 times that day. So that day was ruined. By the time I got back to the house it was too late to make noise in the backyard. I know the neighbors already hate us because of all of our small engine excitement we have lol.

Then that next day on the way home the clutch cable broke on my Triumph pulling into my neighborhood so I had to order a new universal kit since I have vintage reproduction Harley hand controls on my Triumph so I have to make them.

For once in so long I have absolutely no plans tomorrow and no work. I have a fresh quart of oil and I am going to drop some in the cylinder and test the gauge on the Triumph. I have an air leak on the Triumph currently. I bought new boots for it recently and that only slightly fixed the problem. I think the factory hose clamp on the right intake boot isn't clamping enough because these are new OEM boots and its still leaking albeit not as bad.

@shspvr you're right it's humid as hell here pretty much all year. it's in the 40ºs right now but even lately while its been below 0º its still humid. I cant stand the humidity. sometimes walking by industrial evaporators on hot humid days the drain line is like watching water come out of dam gates

I'm going to go and get some PB-Blaster anyway so after I drop some oil in the cylinder I will do as you said because it cant hurt to do that

I am sure the Kawasaki is happy sitting in the clean dry air tight shop for the last week. it's been rainy and cold so if anything in the engine or on the bike was wet or could have got wet to make rust should be dry. I washed out the tank and disassembled the petcock which was in a terrible state. it needs a rebuild kit but its clean now. the Gumout cleaner yall told me about with a brass brush made cleaning the petcock so easy

Old February 25th, 2022, 05:23 AM   #315
shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Sorry I disappeared for a few days. My grandmother passed away literally while I was typing out the last message. I went out to see her at hospice which is 2 minutes from here and came home and within 15 minutes she had passed. I had been out there 3 times that day. So that day was ruined. By the time I got back to the house it was too late to make noise in the backyard. I know the neighbors already hate us because of all of our small engine excitement we have lol.

Then that next day on the way home the clutch cable broke on my Triumph pulling into my neighborhood so I had to order a new universal kit since I have vintage reproduction Harley hand controls on my Triumph so I have to make them.

For once in so long I have absolutely no plans tomorrow and no work. I have a fresh quart of oil and I am going to drop some in the cylinder and test the gauge on the Triumph. I have an air leak on the Triumph currently. I bought new boots for it recently and that only slightly fixed the problem. I think the factory hose clamp on the right intake boot isn't clamping enough because these are new OEM boots and its still leaking albeit not as bad.

@shspvr you're right it's humid as hell here pretty much all year. it's in the 40ºs right now but even lately while its been below 0º its still humid. I cant stand the humidity. sometimes walking by industrial evaporators on hot humid days the drain line is like watching water come out of dam gates

I'm going to go and get some PB-Blaster anyway so after I drop some oil in the cylinder I will do as you said because it cant hurt to do that

I am sure the Kawasaki is happy sitting in the clean dry air tight shop for the last week. it's been rainy and cold so if anything in the engine or on the bike was wet or could have got wet to make rust should be dry. I washed out the tank and disassembled the petcock which was in a terrible state. it needs a rebuild kit but its clean now. the Gumout cleaner yall told me about with a brass brush made cleaning the petcock so easy
Sorry to hear about that any way we had just gone thru the same a few weeks back the day before my birthday. yup and this weather has gone crazy this week cold, snow, ice rain in oklahoma I'm shore your get hit by heavy rain but hopeful we may get some sunny days this weekend.

Old February 25th, 2022, 10:14 AM   #316
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

I don't think I'ed use a squirt of oil in the Triumph.... just use a healthy squirt of PB blaster instead.... you don't want to call attention to yourself with all the smoke after all.... but on the ninja I would ...just to see if the compression gauge changes.
Sorry to hear about Grandma Passing... it's one of the facts we all have to get used to , it's not nice but it happens to everyone.
...just because you knew it was going to happen soon doesn't help to fill the hole in your life that is now vacant because of it.... it sucks !
Everything you love in your life will one day be gone.... it's how you deal with that loss that really matters.... I simply don't dwell on it if I find myself Missing my Mother I think about something else.... and the pain goes away....a bit anyway.... not of a strategy but it works for me until a time when the pain is so little that I can think about it without tearing up....
Hope that helps....
Bob......

Old March 1st, 2022, 01:17 PM   #317
marshallsmith27
ninjette.org member

I didn’t end up doing the oil thing. I had to do some carb work on my Triumph since it’s the daily and I think I finally fixed the problem for good on it. it’s pulling hard and no more weak spots. rear tire getting loose again in 2nd and 3rd.

But since I was already out there I tested the engine…..

https://imgur.com/5pVevJt

80 on cylinder 2 and 74 on cylinder 1. yeah that’s not right. this bike runs fine.

Old March 1st, 2022, 02:11 PM   #318
marshallsmith27
ninjette.org member

I just searched on google and youtube and it says the harbor freight compression tester is garbage because the Schrader valve is at the gauge. I swapped it for a new one and it’s saying the same thing. so since the Triumph I know doesn’t have a compression problem and is reading less than the Kawasaki then I have plenty of compression.

i.e. it’s still carb related.

Old March 1st, 2022, 02:26 PM   #319
marshallsmith27
ninjette.org member

and thank y'all about the passing. it's actually better she is gone now. she had gotten really bad and was only getting worse every week for months. she isnt in pain anymore which is what matters

Old March 1st, 2022, 02:28 PM   #320
marshallsmith27
ninjette.org member

I've got a lot done in the last few days so if I can keep this going I might be able to have the Kawasaki running in a few days since I got my Triumph back running like a top. I have no idea what got it running right again. I rode to the store early this morning and it was running okay, as in no different than it has for the last few months so I took the carbs off for the fourth or fifth time and cleaned them like I always do and checked the floats and everything seemed to be fine. I replaced the four vacuum caps on the intake mounts and went for a ride and it was running right again. I have no idea why but I'm glad. we will see how that stands up. Now I can devote all my bike time to the Kawasaki.