ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Old March 21st, 2012, 03:30 PM   #201
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Name: Tiffani

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

Tony sent me the video he had of the race, so since myself, Kit, and Dean pretty much hog the whole video, I thought you guys might want to see it:

Link to original page on YouTube.

Backmarker racing is srs bsns. I think I just mentally relived the whole thing

Also, I swear I'm not even turning on my gopro prior to the races next month, dammit. Stupid battery life

Zombiphone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2012, 04:00 PM   #202
intortus

Name: Logan

Motorcycle(s): feellikeapro.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiphone View Post
Also, I swear I'm not even turning on my gopro prior to the races next month, dammit. Stupid battery life
I bring a backup battery for each camera, and try to get them fully charged the night before. That's usually enough to get me through a day of riding, but only if I remember to turn them off in between sessions, so I also bring a charged laptop and USB cables in case I need an emergency recharge. The battery backpacks are really useful for this (though I don't ride with them on the cameras).
intortus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2012, 04:46 PM   #203
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by intortus View Post
I bring a backup battery for each camera, and try to get them fully charged the night before. That's usually enough to get me through a day of riding, but only if I remember to turn them off in between sessions, so I also bring a charged laptop and USB cables in case I need an emergency recharge. The battery backpacks are really useful for this (though I don't ride with them on the cameras).
Look at this guy all full of GOOD ideas. You will likely find that such good sense more often than not eludes me I managed to get qualifying, 3 practices, and the night race but I accidentally left it on between the first two practice sessions so I think that's what killed me. I'll definitely bring a contingency plan next time.

Note to self- when juggling school, a job, and still needing to prep a bike for racing the first time, begin preparing for race day prior to the sunday before I have to be there and buy my new camera prior to 6 hours before I need to leave.

Old March 21st, 2012, 05:35 PM   #204
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

Look at you poach! You go girl! That's so awesome.

Old March 21st, 2012, 06:11 PM   #205
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Haha, I was kind of really into it, and I just didn't want to get left behind ^^;

Now if I can just figure out drafting I'll totally beat Dean across the line next time

Old March 21st, 2012, 10:35 PM   #206
dino74
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: dino

Motorcycle(s): '09 250 Street, '09 250 Race, '13 300 Race

Quote:
Now if I can just figure out drafting I'll totally beat Dean across the line next time
Instead of drafting, you could just feed me more donuts.
CVMA #55
dino74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2012, 10:51 PM   #207
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Quote:
My advice: Try to draft as much as possible and pull out at the last minute. There were a number of times when you could have easily drafted pass the guys. Also, try not to fixate and hit those apexes as much as possible--you're running wide on a lot of those turns.

I say work on above next round and you'll see a dramatic lap time reduction.

Overall, you're doing a great job. Quite a huge improvement!

Old March 21st, 2012, 11:49 PM   #208
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r, 2011 Zero S, 2009 KLR 650

Also moar cowbell
Rexbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 22nd, 2012, 01:05 AM   #209
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino74 View Post
Instead of drafting, you could just feed me more donuts.
Hmmmm, how many donuts will it take to offset the speed holes you're putting in your rotors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
My advice: Try to draft as much as possible and pull out at the last minute. There were a number of times when you could have easily drafted pass the guys. Also, try not to fixate and hit those apexes as much as possible--you're running wide on a lot of those turns.

I say work on above next round and you'll see a dramatic lap time reduction.

Overall, you're doing a great job. Quite a huge improvement!
In a [somewhat botched] attempt to go faster I definitely took a lot of lines that I wasn't used to and ended up kind of all over the place (Not saying my normal lines are good or anywhere near as tight as they should be, mind you, but there were definitely some lines in there that I don't know how I ever logically justified).

That said, very much so noted. I'll definitely read up more on the physics of drafting as I still don't totally understand how it's done, and I'll really make a point to try to be less afraid of the inside rumble strip next month and see what I can do. Thank ye kindly, Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexbo View Post
Also moar cowbell
I KNEW IT! I knew there was some secret that you guys weren't telling me. F'n A, man.

If those additional cowbells you're sporting are aftermarket though, I WILL protest your ass

Old March 22nd, 2012, 09:40 AM   #210
dino74

Quote:
Hmmmm, how many donuts will it take to offset the speed holes you're putting in your rotors?
One per hole .... I think Nem said the same thing once but he might have been talking about something else.
CVMA #55

Old March 22nd, 2012, 10:24 AM   #211
intortus

Name: Logan

Motorcycle(s): feellikeapro.com

Quote:
In a [somewhat botched] attempt to go faster I definitely took a lot of lines that I wasn't used to and ended up kind of all over the place (Not saying my normal lines are good or anywhere near as tight as they should be, mind you, but there were definitely some lines in there that I don't know how I ever logically justified).
Well, a weird line is how you're probably going to overtake someone, so that's good experience to have! But nailing apexes is the best way to figure out how to improve your lap times, and makes it harder for anyone to pass you back.

Quote:
That said, very much so noted. I'll definitely read up more on the physics of drafting as I still don't totally understand how it's done, and I'll really make a point to try to be less afraid of the inside rumble strip next month and see what I can do. Thank ye kindly, Jon
Drafting is easy, just get behind someone and try to be smaller than them. I suppose the real trick is learning the timing of when to sling around the leader, and having an escape route in case they miss a shift or hit a false neutral or something. Chuckwalla doesn't give you much opportunity to practice drafting. It pays off more to just figure out the earliest you can get on the throttle.
intortus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 22nd, 2012, 11:08 AM   #212
cynicalkit
la pussy gata

Name: kit

Motorcycle(s): big wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by intortus View Post
It pays off more to just figure out the earliest you can get on the throttle.
My biggest problem right there! Sometimes I feel way to close to the apex and slow down because I feel like I am going to run through to the dirt, sometimes I open the throttle and miss it by alot. Still working on my crappy lines. Sorry guys.
cynicalkit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 22nd, 2012, 12:39 PM   #213
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalkit View Post
My biggest problem right there! Sometimes I feel way to close to the apex and slow down because I feel like I am going to run through to the dirt, sometimes I open the throttle and miss it by alot. Still working on my crappy lines. Sorry guys.
Yes, we were all offended by your lines on track. Apology accepted.

No but seriously, take a deep breath and try to figure out how keep the throttle pinned from as early in the turn as possible. Last round I discovered that from 3rd gear up, you can pin the throttle even with the knee on the ground and you'll be good. And yes, my butthole was trying to eat the bike when I found that out. On these bikes you should have the throttle nailed easily 10-20 feet before the apex.

Old March 22nd, 2012, 01:00 PM   #214
dino74

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalkit View Post
I had the same problem. During practice rounds, try entering the turn slower. I found it hard to work on my apexes and early throttle pinning at fast entry speeds because there was too much going on.

Once I was comfortable with the apexes and WOT throttle, it was easier to entered the corner at faster speeds.
CVMA #55

Old March 22nd, 2012, 01:19 PM   #215
Dmented
CVMA#747 Ⓓⓜⓔⓝⓣⓔⓓ ⓡⓐⓒⓘⓝⓖ

Name: Darren

Motorcycle(s): 09 250R * 09 Yamaha R6 * 08 CBR 1000RR * 04 NSR 50 * 02 KX 250

Quote:
I had the same problem. During practice rounds, try entering the turn slower. I found it hard to work on my apexes and early throttle pinning at fast entry speeds because there was too much going on.

Once I was comfortable with the apexes and WOT throttle, it was easier to entered the corner at faster speeds.
I went the other route...
it was my first time on a ninja 250 so i was WAY out of line with how to maneuver them... but after a lap of tire warming up i just decided to slingshot my way into the turn slam on a little brake, slam her on her side and then crack open the throttle and lean into the turn to hold the line... It worked well but i was only doing 2:11 to 2:15 laps. next round should be a lot better on it. I really appreciate all the help i got from Jon. he's the man... now all i need to do is grab a tow from steven CCW and i'll be battling for podiums! (you see that there... it's called confidence!)
**CVMA#747**AFM#747R**M1GP#77**LeoVince*RaceTech*Hotbodies*Cyclemall*Bridgestone *
Motorad*Dainese*PolyMoto*Woodcraft**Visit The Dmented Racing Youtube Channel*
Dmented is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 22nd, 2012, 01:38 PM   #216
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Darren, do us both a favor and take him out the 1st corner. Then we'll both be guaranteed a podium.

Old March 22nd, 2012, 01:48 PM   #217
dino74

Quote:
Darren, do us both a favor and take him out the 1st corner. Then we'll both be guaranteed a podium.
Do Kit, Tiff and me a favor, take out both Steven and Nem
CVMA #55

Old March 22nd, 2012, 01:51 PM   #218
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

oh ME?

Old March 22nd, 2012, 01:54 PM   #219
Dmented
CVMA#747 Ⓓⓜⓔⓝⓣⓔⓓ ⓡⓐⓒⓘⓝⓖ

Quote:
I ALMOST accomplished that in my first race going into turn one. I got a better start from 3rd than he did from 2nd but he Juuuuust pulled ahead of me. then he was GONE! but like i say... i be learning QUICK!
Quote:
Do Kit, Tiff and me a favor, take out both Steven and Nem
are we offering to repaint my beautiful bike afterward?!?!
**CVMA#747**AFM#747R**M1GP#77**LeoVince*RaceTech*Hotbodies*Cyclemall*Bridgestone *

Old March 22nd, 2012, 03:11 PM   #220
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmented View Post
are we offering to repaint my beautiful bike afterward?!?!
I do have to say...I'm jelly after seeing your paint job. I'm kinda glad I crashed...I get to repaint my bike.

Old March 22nd, 2012, 04:19 PM   #221
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

and this is why i fear painting my bike for real.

Old March 23rd, 2012, 05:41 AM   #222
Dmented
CVMA#747 Ⓓⓜⓔⓝⓣⓔⓓ ⓡⓐⓒⓘⓝⓖ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexbo View Post
and this is why i fear painting my bike for real.
exactly... I kept saying to myself... go easy on her she's new...
Quote:
I do have to say...I'm jelly after seeing your paint job. I'm kinda glad I crashed...I get to repaint my bike.
please repaint so you can hold back in the race as much as i do. :P