ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old December 3rd, 2017, 04:31 PM   #1
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Paint care products; what you y'all use?

I know we have some car/bike guru's out here when it comes to getting that perfect shine on their baby's paint. Soaps! Clay bars! Waxes! Polishes! Micro fiber! Buffer wheels! It's all so confusing.

What does everyone use for protecting their paint and making it shine? Asking because I finally have a vehicle that I care about the appearance.

Let's see what everyone's using. Bikes, Cars, Airplanes, idgaf, show off your best results with whatever product you're most fond of today.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 3rd, 2017, 05:43 PM   #2
Bob2010
ninjette.org sage

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 2009 Ninja 250

Chemical guys clay, polish, wax and jet seal, the soaps that don't strip waxes and a decent dual action will be the best thing ever
Bob2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 3rd, 2017, 08:19 PM   #3
DannoXYZ

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
I like NuFinish. Shine lasts long time! Resists getting scrubbed off even with frequent washes.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 3rd, 2017, 09:04 PM   #4
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
For serious cutting and polishing I first use Wizards Turbo Cut, then Wizards Finish Cut, then Wizards Shine Master polish and sealer. By hand on small parts, but sometimes with an air polisher.

The last thing I use at work is the Mist-N-Shine (spray detailer), because I can't use any wax in the shop. It wets/darkens the color and gives it a waxed feel.

If I wax something at home, I've been using Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0, which I've been happy with.

I wash and wax the SV each year before I put it away for the winter, but other than that I don't spend any more time than necessary washing/waxing and polishing.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 4th, 2017, 12:25 AM   #5
MLR
ninjette.org member

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

Truck wash and a gurnie, the hose if I'm lazy and don't get the gurnie out, and sometimes the rain and a old towel to dry it.

And usually only after a bird has decided to crap on it or I used to much chain lube and made a mess.

It only gets a good wash and wax with the left over stuff in the bucket of Meguiars gold wash, and what's left on my microfiber cloths of the Meguiars gold wax from when I wash/wax my car, if I could be bothered after the epic task of washing and waxing the car.

If it was worth more or a classic I would do things differently though, my old 86 slab side always got the good gear, weekly at a minimum, god I miss that bike, my old my BEEWEE scooter never really had anything more than the rain and a old towel.
MLR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 4th, 2017, 10:36 AM   #6
VaFish

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
I use Sea Foam

Link to original page on YouTube.

VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 4th, 2017, 06:43 PM   #7
Ghostt
in your machine

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 98 Ninja 250/F12 aka ZX-2R "SERENITY", 91 Ninja 500/A5 aka ZX-5R "Phoenix", 84 Honda GL1200A "SIREN"

MOTM - Jun '17, May '16, Mar '15
I use the blood of my enemies

ZX-2R BLOG
Twitter and Instagram = Ghostt_Scott
I'm not here to change your mind, just to inform.
Ghostt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 4th, 2017, 07:03 PM   #8
DEFY
ᗧ•••ᗣ•ᗣᗣ•••ᗣ

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R and 2014 Triumph 675R

Most of the time I just presoak, soap, wash and then finish it off with microfiber towels to dry. I recommend watching ammo nyc, guy knows his stuff and is passionate about it. Interrior I use leather conditioner and plastic cleaner. Meguiars makes good products, however I stick with turtle wax for the plastic. As for glass cleaner, sprayway glass cleaner foam seems to leave less residue. I also use invisible but the foam seems better.

Spoiler for topic:
It might just be the [you] tag
DEFY is offline   Reply With Quote