ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Videos

Old August 9th, 2012, 07:37 AM   #1
ai4px
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 650r 2009 Vulcan 800 2005

Small DVR wanted?

I'm interested in putting a camera on the bike permanently. What I want is something that could be used for accident reconstruction in the event the worst happens (ie Ethioknight). Does anyone know of a video recorder that could do some /all of the following?

Plan 1: 2 channel video recorder that would record from NTSC (low res) el-cheapo video cameras? You know, the ones on ebay that are $20. It should come on with the bike and record onto a memory card.

Plan 2: an all in one video recorder that contains a camera and memory reader/writer all in one that would come on when the bike turns on. I'd opt for two of them, one front, one rear.

Both devices should be able to loop when they run out of memory.

Not making hires movies here, just want to prove that someone cut in front of me, etc... Come to think of it, this might be nice for my car too.

Any suggestions?

Old August 9th, 2012, 07:09 PM   #2
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ai4px View Post
I'm interested in putting a camera on the bike permanently. What I want is something that could be used for accident reconstruction in the event the worst happens (ie Ethioknight). Does anyone know of a video recorder that could do some /all of the following?

Plan 1: 2 channel video recorder that would record from NTSC (low res) el-cheapo video cameras? You know, the ones on ebay that are $20. It should come on with the bike and record onto a memory card.

Plan 2: an all in one video recorder that contains a camera and memory reader/writer all in one that would come on when the bike turns on. I'd opt for two of them, one front, one rear.

Both devices should be able to loop when they run out of memory.

Not making hires movies here, just want to prove that someone cut in front of me, etc... Come to think of it, this might be nice for my car too.

Any suggestions?
Simplest option might be to modify a home surveilance system that is already set up for this, they run a few hundred dollars depending on DVR size and amount of cameras. I have no idea what the power usage is though and it might be too much for the little ninja
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 10th, 2012, 09:01 AM   #3
jfauerba
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): '09 Red Ninja 250r

go to lightake.com and search for "h 196 dvr". I have one on my front for over a year for same reason as you. Records on micro sd card. I currently have a 16gb in it now.
jfauerba is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 10th, 2012, 06:29 PM   #4
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Augment it with a wearable Looxcie Bluetooth DVR cam. It loops and the view can be checked by smartphone. Video can also be extracted "in the field" and shared... even streamed live it you want.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote