ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old May 31st, 2016, 07:50 AM   #1
toEleven
Slower than you.

Name: toEleven

Motorcycle(s): CBR600RR, CB750, EX300 (半蔵)

MOTM - May '16
More Squids

This research paper shows that the number of squids, and the number of cephalopods in general, has been steadily increasing over the past 60 years:
Quote:
Our analyses revealed that cephalopod abundance has increased over the last six decades, a result consistently replicated across three distinct life history groups: demersal, benthopelagic, and pelagic... This is remarkable given the enormous life-history diversity exhibited across these groups, which were represented in this study by 35 species/genera and six families. Demersal species, for instance, have low dispersal capacity (tens of km) and occupy shelf waters. Benthopelagic species also occupy shelf waters, but have moderate dispersal capacity (hundreds of km) largely facilitated by a paralarval phase. Pelagic species inhabit open oceanic waters and have high dispersal capacity (thousands of km) facilitated by both a paralarval phase and a mobile adult phase.
Even the oceans aren't safe from the menace of squids.

Old May 31st, 2016, 07:57 AM   #2
SLOWn60
n00bie to wannabie

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250R (Red), 2005 VFR800A (Red), CRF450X (Red), 2012 F800GS (Wants to be Red!)

MOTM - Nov '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by toEleven View Post
This research paper shows that the number of squids, and the number of cephalopods in general, has been steadily increasing over the past 60 years:

Even the oceans aren't safe from the menace of squids.
Proof that oil is a renewable resource!
The Smart Money: #1 - ATGATT, #2 - Training (machine skills and survival skills), #3 - The bike; whatever floats yer boat with the money you have left over
SLOWn60 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old May 31st, 2016, 08:27 AM   #3
DEFY
ᗧ•••ᗣ•ᗣᗣ•••ᗣ

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R and 2014 Triumph 675R

squid, wearing shorts and a white t shirt, decided to lane split down in PA. I'd be ok with it if it were legal, but since it is not he is only part of the problem. I was laughing later down the rode when it started to down pour so hard you could barely see. Idiot!

Spoiler for topic:
It might just be the [you] tag
DEFY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 31st, 2016, 11:31 AM   #4
toEleven
Slower than you.

Name: toEleven

Motorcycle(s): CBR600RR, CB750, EX300 (半蔵)

MOTM - May '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFY View Post
squid, wearing shorts and a white t shirt, decided to lane split down in PA. I'd be ok with it if it were legal, but since it is not he is only part of the problem. I was laughing later down the rode when it started to down pour so hard you could barely see. Idiot!
It amazes me when I encounter a lane splitter in VA, where it's also illegal, and one of the car drivers subjected to it takes issue. Despite the lack of legality, the rider invariably responds as though he's in the right.

Old May 31st, 2016, 11:44 AM   #5
DEFY
ᗧ•••ᗣ•ᗣᗣ•••ᗣ

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R and 2014 Triumph 675R

Quote:
It amazes me when I encounter a lane splitter in VA, where it's also illegal, and one of the car drivers subjected to it takes issue. Despite the lack of legality, the rider invariably responds as though he's in the right.
All it takes is a few stupid people to ruin things for everyone else. The law stays in place cause dumb asses can't follow a simple rule and get hurt or killed so they become a statistic against the reason to abolish it in the first place. Its the same thing with quadcopters and RC hobbies, idiots think they can go fly them everywhere and now the FAA thinks it's time to start making stricter laws. RC planes have been around for decades and no body had an issue cause those involved in the hobby did it responsibly. You should see how many clubs have been shut down just due to DC increasing their no fly zone.

Spoiler for topic:
It might just be the [you] tag
DEFY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 31st, 2016, 02:37 PM   #6
VaFish
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
Quote:
The charge in VA for lane splitting is Reckless Driving, not just a traffic fine, a criminal one with mandatory court appearance.
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote