ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Pictures

Old June 11th, 2011, 09:53 PM   #1
bluepoof
ninjette.org sage

Name: Carolyn

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250, 2002 Yamaha XT225

Motocamping last night

This was my first motocamping trip since injuring my back in summer 2009. I camped last summer but not on the motorcycle.

I didn't go far; only about 15 miles from home. I wanted to make sure my back would be up to the riding/camping combination before going farther away (plus I can still only ride about 50 miles at a time).

It was my first time camping with the Ninjette, too. Also my first time with the Exped 9 downmat I just got.

The camping trip appears to have been a success!! I don't generally feel the worst pain until 24-48 hours after doing something, so I'll know for sure by Monday, but so far the back pain is present but minimal.

I was really happy with the Exped 9 downmat; by itself it was just as comfortable as sleeping on my LuxuryLite cot plus the 3" Thermarest pad. That's going to save me a bunch of space and effort in the future!

Here are a few photos:

A group of horseback riders went past while I was checking in. I didn't want to spook the horses by starting up the bike, so I waited until they passed by...which gave me time to photograph them.

We got a great -- huge! -- campsite right on the Pacific Ocean. Obviously I'm parked in an RV spot here....most of the campers this weekend were in RVs instead of tents. It's still cold and windy on the coast! I did see one other motorcycle parked at a campsite but never bumped into the rider.

My favorite pic from the night.

My buddy April that I went with is a photographer; the Ninjette got the supermodel treatment!

She took this one of me and the bike/tent...I look dorky because it was pitch black and then POP!! Her softbox flash was super bright.

My next planned motocamping night is in mid-July...I think I'll try to talk my husband into going sooner, too. I can't even express how psyched I am that the motocamping seems to be working out. I'm holding off on complete elation until I see my back doc again on Monday, but so far, everything seems good!

Old June 11th, 2011, 09:57 PM   #2
Cazper
ninjaholic

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): 09' SE 250R (sold), 03' ZX-6R, 99' XL1200C SP

That sounds like so much fun!!! Thanks for sharing the experience with us and the pics!! Hopefully you end up in not too much pain
Cazper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2011, 10:13 PM   #3
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

That looks like a blast, Glad to see the camping trip was a success and that your back is ok.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2011, 11:35 PM   #4
LazinCajun
ninjette.org guru

Name: Anon

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 (Blue!)

I don't really have much camping experience, but I want to try motocamping like this sometime. It looks like a blast!
LazinCajun is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 12th, 2011, 01:22 AM   #5
kkim

is that RV in the background part of your camping trip? Now, that's my idea of roughing it!

looks like you had a lot of fun...
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 12th, 2011, 07:02 AM   #6
slolane
Motorcyclist

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300 ABS

slolane is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 12th, 2011, 09:54 AM   #7
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

Looks fun!

Old June 14th, 2011, 08:49 PM   #8
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote