ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old May 11th, 2011, 08:30 PM   #1
Mizono
ninjette.org member

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Red Ninja 250R

Riding with headphones/music

Heres a question ive had for a bit. How many of you ride while using your ipods or mp3 players to listen to music? I know alot of people use earplugs and such. Ive tried my helmet on with my ipods headphones and they seem to stay put.
Mizono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 11th, 2011, 08:33 PM   #3
Live2ride
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

I ride with one earplug and one headphone on mid volume. This lets me hear my surroundings but enjoy music instead of that annoying wind noise. For short rides I just wear both earplugs.

Old May 11th, 2011, 08:40 PM   #4
setasai
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

Tons of threads on this. General consensus, music only if you it doesnt distract you and some form of ear protection always. Some may argue that you cant hear anything with earplugs but think about this... do drivers have problems hearing things with all that metal around them?
setasai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 11th, 2011, 08:44 PM   #5
Mizono
ninjette.org member

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Red Ninja 250R

Ive seen there are alot of threads regarding it. BUT vie noticed alot of those seem to end up as discussions about which ones to use. Not so much about if people do or dont and what the opinions are on it. I dont think i am going to at least for awhile but i will eventually
Mizono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 11th, 2011, 09:03 PM   #6
Snafu
ninjette.org member

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): VFR/250r/Gsxr 750

My earphones keeps most of the wind noise out so I can play the music low. I'm still able to hear what I need to hear.
Snafu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2011, 06:48 AM   #7
Linuss
ninjette.org guru

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

I use ear-phones and my music is on a level that I can hear it, but it's not blasting. It's about the volume you'd listen to inside of a library without bothering anyone next to you.

If music weren't playing, it silences the wind a fair amount, with music playing, don't even notice the wind.

But I'm also someone who ALWAYS needs background noise/music going, even if I'm not paying attention to it.
Linuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2011, 07:59 AM   #8
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizono View Post
Ive seen there are alot of threads regarding it. BUT vie noticed alot of those seem to end up as discussions about which ones to use. Not so much about if people do or dont and what the opinions are on it. I dont think i am going to at least for awhile but i will eventually
I don't understand your statement. By pure/simple logic, the fact that people are discussing which ones to use would mean that people DO, in fact, use them while on the bike.

/thread