Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Notices

Old May 3rd, 2012, 12:39 AM   #1
Jiggyfly
ninjette.org member

Name: Shon

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki ninja 250

Pregen race bike, on 08+ wheels & then some

1998 Ninja 250- bought the bike with a grenaded engine & replaced it with a motor out of a running 1995. Bike is stripped down, & on its way to race ready with a couple things buttoned up! It has late model, (2008+)
Wheels
Brake calipers
Brake rotors
Master cylinder, front
Swingarm
Shock
Linkage

Body work is essentially stripped, & I have a Buell racing front number plate on it. The stock side pieces & tail are on it. Stock bars, & I haven't messed with the forks as far as springs or anything, though. The late model shock & swingarm is a huge improvement. What it needs: tires, a new chain, & finish getting the harness in to start it. (which I'm sure I'll continue to fiddle with it, & may get it to that point.) It'd need a belly pan to be legal, & the brackets are all there. I'm pretty meticulous, & hate a dirty bike, so I've replaced a ton fasteners with stainless stuff, & the bike is clean. I am a mechanic & machinist, & made the wheel spacers & front brake bracket myself. I have the title, (I haven't put it in my name.....it's a race bike!), & most of the street stuff...if that's what you wanted to do with it. It also has a very nice Kerker full system on it. Valves checked good. I can deliver to most tracks in the SE area, or we can get together however. 16" wheels, swingarm, brakes, extra radiator, extra full wiring harness, shock, linkage, rotors, & various other ninja 250 bits come with it!!!
Yay! Race spares!!!!

$1500

Lots of pics available with an email address, & the bike is in Columbia, SC.

Jiggyfly6@yahoo.com

Last futzed with by Jiggyfly; May 3rd, 2012 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Cuz!
Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 3rd, 2012, 12:52 AM   #2
Jiggyfly
ninjette.org member

one more thing......this thing is super light compared to my 2010 racebike!

By super, I mean 30ish + lbs. I wish I could keep it, but the reality is, I don't need 3 ninja 250's!

Old May 9th, 2012, 03:25 PM   #3
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

What would it take to make it street legal? Registrable?
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 9th, 2012, 04:16 PM   #4
Jiggyfly
ninjette.org member

Put the other wiring harness in it, (that comes with it!), & mount the lights......

Old May 28th, 2012, 07:37 PM   #5
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

My friend is going in on it with me but he stipulated an offer. Sent our offer via email from prior communication. Please let us know something soon!

Old May 28th, 2012, 07:46 PM   #6
Jiggyfly
ninjette.org member

I have not received said offer.......???

Old May 28th, 2012, 08:03 PM   #7
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggyfly View Post
I have not received said offer.......???
I sent it as I made the post. Stuck in email limbo? I'll paste it in a PM.

Edit: Done.

Old May 31st, 2012, 07:49 PM   #8
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Thanks, Shon! I can't wait to get it going.

I have so much taken off my other bike at the moment that I was able to show @case86 a lot of the changes I have planned and I think he's starting to get excited too. He got to see it with current-gen rearsets, frame caps, mirrors, etc. I just got finished spraying high-heat paint on my current-gen exhaust pipe, heat shield, and beauty cap and he liked the results, especially when I described what it will look like with the pregen stator cover, frame, and clutch cover painted similarly (not a fan of glossy black frame and mis-matched metallic-colors).

You've done a heck of a job on all of the technical stuff leaving mostly my cosmetic ideas for later. I'll keep everyone up-to-date on the progress. Thanks!

Old May 31st, 2012, 11:33 PM   #9
Jiggyfly
ninjette.org member

Awesome! I'm glad you're having fun with it already! Keep us updated!
It was great meeting you today!

Trip back go smooth?

Old June 1st, 2012, 06:13 PM   #10
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggyfly View Post
Awesome! I'm glad you're having fun with it already! Keep us updated!
It was great meeting you today!

Trip back go smooth?
I got sunburned from all the driving with my arm on the door (window down; no AC in friend's truck), but it went smooth.

FWIW, my twin brother and I being dressed the same was entirely coincidental. Last time we did that was probably a cap & gown ceremony in grade school! Not that there was an problem telling us apart.