ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > !%@*#$%!)@#&!%@ I crashed!

Notices

Old July 29th, 2012, 07:33 PM   #1
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
The Grocery Bandit

So, not sure this a 'crash' report but still a story to tell; I should probably start bringing my cover with me on the bike after this, though I'd love to hear any stories from others on preventing this from happening.
Needed a few small items to make dinner, so I decided to run out to the local grocer since what I needed could fit in my backpack and I avoid taking my car since my parking space barely fits it (which is impressive, I drive a compact car).
Grocery store is on the 'edge' of a neighborhood so lots of foot traffic, didn't really think about it. Went in, got my veggies, and when I walked out there was a kid (13 or 14 is my bet) on my Ninja. I saw him and shouted to ask why he was there and apparently panicked him since he jumped off it and, in the process, shoved it off the stand onto the ground. Damn it.
I was more concerned with my bike than him at that point, picked up the bike and except for the fact it made one of my front turn signals unusable there's very little visible damage (a small paint chip and some very light scuffs I already scrubbed off).
Still, looks like my next change to the bike will be putting on flush mount turn signals -- was on my list but now that one is busted that one gets priority. Fun.
Yakaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 29th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #2
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
This is the best reason to strangle a teenager that I've ever seen, and you passed it up
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old July 29th, 2012, 08:08 PM   #3
codestp202

I would have chased his ass down.

Old July 29th, 2012, 08:43 PM   #4
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
Was more concerned with the bike at the time, even though 'what was done was done' by the time I got to it. I'm just thankful there's no 'real' damage.

Old July 29th, 2012, 08:52 PM   #5
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
The next time some dumbass kids try to cross the street in front of traffic just go ahead and knock them over.

Fair's fair
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 30th, 2012, 04:26 AM   #6
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
I would have chased them down and made someone in his family pay for the damage. Idgaf about hurting anyone; that's not ever my intention. I would just want the bike back to where it was before they caused damage. So rude.
Posted via Mobile Device
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 30th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #7
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
That kid has technically crashed a Ninja 250, so according to popular-ninjette.org reasoning, his next bike should be a 600CC supersport.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 30th, 2012, 02:24 PM   #8
lgk

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2012 EX250, 2014 EX300

never startle.
just walk up calmly next time so you can catch them.

then do whatever you feel is necessary.
i made a kid who sat on my car and scratched the paint, call his parents and had him apologize to both his parents and me. made me feel better but i still had to fix the damage.

dropping a bike causes hundreds of dollars in damage, i would have called the parents and told them to pay up.
lgk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 30th, 2012, 04:47 PM   #9
7oxSin
MSF Coach!

Name: Lupe

Motorcycle(s): 2003 ninja 250

i put a mod on my bike just for this reason. back when i had a shop in the local mall i used to park my first bike on the side walk at the closest public entrance. i had friends that worked security, and one day i had one call me and say "hey there are some kids sitting on your bike and messing with it" so i ran out and chased them off. at that time i kept my ninja on the stay stand cus i knew people where walking by it all day every day and didnt want to risk some one knocking it over. after that i moved my bike to one of the little service loading areas behind my shop so there would be no foot traffic. so i come out one day with one of my workers while he smoked and caught some people trying to steal it, i had a deemed disk lock on the front, parked it in gear, and had it behind a big transformer against a wall. there where 2 of em trying to pick it up and get it to their truck, i got loud and flashed my pistol " i have a conceal and carry" and they took off.

so, when i got this bike i took a VERY cheap option, it cost like 5$ total. i picked up an alarm light, all it does is sit there and blink when you flip a switch. its very noticeable, you cant walk by the bike with out seeing it. now the only reason i installed it was to make people think twice before going around it or touching it. i know it wont keep some one who is determined to steal it away but it works for kids n stuff. i have a vid floating on here that shows it on and off. it was very simple to install and if you need help i can tell you how i did it.

BTW here is the disk lock

the alarm light

and if you want to see the alarm light installed here is the walk around vid with it
http://youtu.be/NNb19a0Ytr4

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old July 30th, 2012, 05:21 PM   #10
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

MOTM - Jun '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgk View Post
never startle.
just walk up calmly next time so you can catch them.

then do whatever you feel is necessary.
i made a kid who sat on my car and scratched the paint, call his parents and had him apologize to both his parents and me. made me feel better but i still had to fix the damage.

dropping a bike causes hundreds of dollars in damage, i would have called the parents and told them to pay up.
Yeah, obvious after the fact but was a surprise to me to see him there. After a thorough inspection it looks like, maybe, $30-40 of damage if I were to just replace with stock stuff -- but I had putting new lights on my list anyway so I'm not feeling /that/ put out -- definitely a lesson for the future though.

Old July 30th, 2012, 05:25 PM   #11
xSean13

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

I love my Xena xx-6 disc alarm. Any vibration will set off some warning beeps then the alarm goes off.
xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 30th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #12
7oxSin
MSF Coach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSean13 View Post
I love my Xena xx-6 disc alarm. Any vibration will set off some warning beeps then the alarm goes off.
how much did you pay for it? and did you install it yourself? when i get my 636 i will be buying an alarm, im just not sure which one yet.

Old July 30th, 2012, 05:31 PM   #13
xSean13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7oxSin View Post
how much did you pay for it? and did you install it yourself? when i get my 636 i will be buying an alarm, im just not sure which one yet.
It's a disc lock w/ built-in alarm...so no installation was required. It was about $70 or so.

Old July 30th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #14
7oxSin
MSF Coach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSean13 View Post
It's a disc lock w/ built-in alarm...so no installation was required. It was about $70 or so.
is it waterproof? sounds like a great idea, might have to sell my disk lock and pick one of those up.

Old July 30th, 2012, 05:59 PM   #15
xSean13

Quote:
is it waterproof? sounds like a great idea, might have to sell my disk lock and pick one of those up.
I would imagine so...it rained on me all the way to NC and back, and of course it was raining on it when I had it parked & the disc lock on the bike.

The only issue that could arise is that it has a little mirror in the gap that senses the rotor, so if water or dirt or something gets on it then it could trigger the alarm (just wipe it off if that's the case); I had no issue though.

Old August 1st, 2012, 08:47 PM   #16
jcgss77
Its not a 250,its a Ninja

Name: Shaun

Motorcycle(s): '12 Ninja Kaw, '22 CFMOTO 300NK

Quote:
after that i moved my bike to one of the little service loading areas behind my shop so there would be no foot traffic. so i come out one day with one of my workers while he smoked and caught some people trying to steal it, i had a deemed disk lock on the front, parked it in gear, and had it behind a big transformer against a wall. there where 2 of em trying to pick it up and get it to their truck, i got loud and flashed my pistol " i have a conceal and carry" and they took off.
Man, I would have been VERY tempted to blow out every one of their tires and then empty the rest of the magazine in the back of the truck. Teach them to mess with a ninja again.
jcgss77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 1st, 2012, 08:56 PM   #17
lgk

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2012 EX250, 2014 EX300

Quote:
so i come out one day with one of my workers while he smoked and caught some people trying to steal it, i had a deemed disk lock on the front, parked it in gear, and had it behind a big transformer against a wall. there where 2 of em trying to pick it up and get it to their truck, i got loud and flashed my pistol " i have a conceal and carry" and they took off.
no need to flash your gun at them
just yell next time and hopefully they try to fight you.

did you by any chance get their license plate numbers and a description of the vehicle?
lgk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2012, 06:42 AM   #18
7oxSin
MSF Coach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgk View Post
no need to flash your gun at them
just yell next time and hopefully they try to fight you.

did you by any chance get their license plate numbers and a description of the vehicle?
no they had the tail down so it was covering the plate, and where im at the crime rate is very high so the cops dont do much/care.

Old August 3rd, 2012, 07:31 AM   #19
remel1993
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Amir

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250r White Special Edition

I put a spy 5000m alarm on my 250. It only cost me $94 and i installed it my self. Now when ever some comes near my bike, the alarm goes off. They dont even have to touch it. Also is a really good security to prevent theft. I think its a must to have one of these.
remel1993 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 5th, 2012, 12:54 PM   #20
ryan.chin
ninjette.org sage

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
This is the best reason to strangle a teenager that I've ever seen, and you passed it up
ryan.chin is offline   Reply With Quote