ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Free stuff!

Old May 29th, 2011, 05:31 AM   #1
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
Donated Gear, Parts and Equipment

Not everyone has the cash to get the stuff they need. And as this applies to safety gear and needed bike maintenance items especially, that sucks. On the other side, not all gear is fit for resale, but still has some useful life left in it. There have been several examples of generous members of ninjette.org donating gear, parts and equipment to other members. Let's make this a habit.

As part of our ATGATT mantra here at ninjette.org, and consistent with our helpful and generous vibe --- If you have used safety gear, or other ninjette parts, equipment, etc. sitting around and gathering dust, and are willing to donate it or offer it for the price of shipping, post it here. Some groundrules:
  • If you'd like to claim the items, either PM or post. No need to justify why you are claiming something, and no need to do it publicly.
  • Please only claim an item if you plan to use that item personally. Don't resell something, and don't take something you don't need just because the price is right. Be cool and don't ruin the good vibe.
  • If you've claimed something here and aren't using it anymore, post it back here when you are done.
  • The donating party gets to dictate the terms of the donation. He/she can choose to withdraw the item, let it go to whomever he/she wants or no one at all, or put whatever conditions on it at their discretion.
  • Everything is as-is. Even if you pay shipping on something, don't gripe about condition when you get it. That said, feel free to ask the seller about the condition before you pick up something.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 29th, 2011, 05:35 AM   #2
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
Joe Rocket Phoenix 5.0 Jacket

EDIT: DONATED. MORE TO COME!

Used Joe Rocket Phoneix 5.0 mesh jacket free to a good home. Everything works, no holes, cuts, etc. Used daily for 7 months, mesh is starting to fray. There is a scuff on the right elbow from a low speed getoff, and a stain on the back that isn't too noticeable. Person claiming must currently be riding without protective jacket and be willing to pay shipping. PM if you are interested, please list your zip code. Note that while I'm in Barbados, I ship military, so cost will be as if from Florida.

Edit: Size M. White/Grey/Black.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pheonix 5.0.jpg (15.8 KB, 1459 views)

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake

Last futzed with by gfloyd2002; June 6th, 2011 at 10:29 AM.

Old May 29th, 2011, 06:44 AM   #3
kaiserz
There's a limit to s2pdty

Name: A.D.

Motorcycle(s): 250r ninja (sold)

:thumbup:

That's why I like this forums (:
kaiserz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 29th, 2011, 01:59 PM   #4
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Reminds me of Anandtech's freebies thread that came in really helpful when you needed a random cheapie thing that no one bothers to sell. Thanks, Floyd!

Edit:
I'll take someone's bent shifter pedal or, if you can get it off, just the rubber part (mine is rotted).

I have a new, boxed, Kawasaki OEM turn signal bulb if anyone wants it, which reminds me: I could also use a tag light bulb from any of you fender eliminator types.

I also have a few rubber well nuts [gone now; sorry] and some plastic rivets that someone may be able to use. I'll see how many I have left after I replace my rotted ones! I had to buy them in a $30 + $5 pack at Cycle Gear because I needed some right away so these are really for someone in a similar bind and not just because you don't want to order online.

I have some ridiculous-looking knee/shin armor that I wore before I got riding pants. Looks like something intended for motorcross but it's better than nothing if you can't afford the pants yet! Only used on my 600-mile trip home from the dealer I bought them from.

I'll probably remember something else to offer. [Yep.]

I replaced some of my windscreen and fairing bolts with blue bolts and have the originals available with the nylon washers if anyone is looking for a few. I'm reluctant to offer them in case I ever get impatient with my shorter windscreen bolts, but I do have the two longer ones available as well. I'm probably going to buy another overpriced kit because I found that I need MORE wellnuts and there are still more bolts to replace with blue ones.

Last futzed with by CZroe; June 1st, 2011 at 02:30 AM.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 29th, 2011, 05:37 PM   #5
IndyTwoFiddy
ninjette.org member

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Blue Ninja 250r

Awesome idea!!
IndyTwoFiddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 29th, 2011, 07:30 PM   #6
Yasko
Texas Newbie

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 07 Ninja EX250, 07 FZ6

Floyd it's great to have you on this site...
Yasko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 29th, 2011, 08:41 PM   #7
bob706
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 1998 HD Road King

Powertrip Street Unit size 48. Worn once. I ordered the wrong size and never sent it back. GONE

The Vega mesh jacket is an XL. Not worn very much. GONE

Nothing wrong with either jacket.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg powertrip.jpg (69.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg vega.jpg (58.7 KB, 10 views)

Last futzed with by bob706; June 15th, 2011 at 10:50 AM.
bob706 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 29th, 2011, 10:53 PM   #8
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

HJC cl 16 flat black helmet with clear and tinted shield. I want to get rid of it because i hate this ****ing helmet. It doesn't fit right for me so the weight feels off, Tons of people like the hjc but its just not for me. I would like it to go to a new rider that is on a budget in the hopes they can get more gear. Person pays shipping and if you are anywhere in so cal can just come get it or ill meet up. Never went down in it has normal wear on it. I will check the manf date if anyone requests.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2011, 08:58 AM   #9
Lew360
Bueller

Name: Lewis

Motorcycle(s): '09 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob706 View Post
Powertrip Street Unit size 48. Worn once. I ordered the wrong size and never sent it back.

The Vega mesh jacket is an XL. Not worn very much.

I will take the Vega, if you still have it. I had a Nitro Racing (Vega) just like it that I loved. Unfortunately it got a little messed up in a low speed get off.

I have an extra helmet i will post up in a few.

I can PM address and we can figure out shipping.
Lew360 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 31st, 2011, 12:25 AM   #10
vnranger
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jonathan

Motorcycle(s): Candy Thunder blue 2009 kawasaki 250r, 2010 Dark Stealth Ducati Monster 696.

Awesome idea!! I'll go through my garage tomorrow.
BIG to Floyd
vnranger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 1st, 2011, 02:23 AM   #11
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Anyone have one of those *tiny* little copper lock washers from the wire terminals behind the gauge cluster?

I lost one and I'd like to have another before I go tearing into it again to see if that's why my speedometer light wasn't lit after reassembly (strangely, it came back on as soon as I moved the bike and has stayed on ever since).

I'm about to add a few other little things to my post above.

[Done]
Current list offered:
Plastic rivets - one small, one large, and possibly another one that looks like it'll fit the larger holes but has a much smaller head (I'll test fit it) -Gone to Its_Scott
External knee armor - worn once
Original small fairing bolts including the two longer ones from the windscreen -Gone to Its_Scott
Random metric hardware (bolts and nuts) purchased in an assortment just to get those plastic rivets. -Some gone to Its_Scott
More to come

Current list wanted:
Small copper lock washer from screwed-down electical terminals behind gauge cluster (EX250J)
Rubber boot from shift pedal (EX250J)
XL/XXL/XXXL riding gloves

Last futzed with by CZroe; June 11th, 2011 at 02:02 PM.

Old June 1st, 2011, 07:37 AM   #12
CmichRider
ninjette.org member

Name: Jacob

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
HJC cl 16 flat black helmet with clear and tinted shield. I want to get rid of it because i hate this ****ing helmet. It doesn't fit right for me so the weight feels off, Tons of people like the hjc but its just not for me. I would like it to go to a new rider that is on a budget in the hopes they can get more gear. Person pays shipping and if you are anywhere in so cal can just come get it or ill meet up. Never went down in it has normal wear on it. I will check the manf date if anyone requests.
What size?
CmichRider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 1st, 2011, 09:28 AM   #13
Live2ride

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

Idk what is up with my airbox bolts but it's really aggravating me. I am now missing 2 of my 3 airbox bolts (came out while riding apparently) even after using loctite and tightening them down hard. I'm also missing the larger bolt that tightens the lower left fairing by the kickstand which wasn't on the bike when I bought it. I can't seem to find the correct threaded bolts to fit in them and they would be mismatched even if I could. I'll keep looking but if anyone happens to have some laying around then I'd be happy to take them off your hands.

Old June 6th, 2011, 09:19 AM   #14
kaiserz

Hey guys I was wondering If any of you have a spare shift lever? D: mine got bent

Old June 6th, 2011, 10:10 PM   #15
IndyTwoFiddy
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob706 View Post
Powertrip Street Unit size 48. Worn. once. I ordered the wrong size and never sent it back.

The Vega mesh jacket is an XL. Not worn very much. GONE

Do u still have the other jacket? If so ill take it so I can list my alpinestars one on here that doesn't fit...gonna give it away. Pm me if u do.

Old June 7th, 2011, 08:12 AM   #16
bob706

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 1998 HD Road King

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyTwoFiddy View Post
Do u still have the other jacket? If so ill take it so I can list my alpinestars one on here that doesn't fit...gonna give it away. Pm me if u do.
pm'ed
bob706 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 7th, 2011, 07:46 PM   #17
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r, 2011 Zero S, 2009 KLR 650

I have a freebie someone can take!

Alpinestars SP2 full gauntlet gloves, size Large, all black. Pretty much perfect condition except I tore the labels out because they were tickling my wrists. Pickup in Los Angeles would be preferred!

The stipulation: You promise to either post a photo of you using the gloves on the track OR you post a photo of you using the gloves as part of an awesome road trip. I used these gloves in my Rome to London trip in 2008 and they served me well. I want someone else to use them in a similar manner, knowing that they never failed me. Note: your hands may get cold in freezing rain and snow.

Rexbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 7th, 2011, 09:12 PM   #18
CZroe
CPT Falcon

After my unfortunate experience replacing my grips and bar-ends today, I looked into getting some clip-ons. During my search on google, I saw a thread on SVrider forums' "Marketplace" called "Pay it forward." Even if they aren't doing the same thing, the name fits and I think we should call this thread the same thing.

Its_Scott got a bit of hardware from me (6 fairing bolts with nylon washers, OEM large plastic rivet, OEM small plastic rivet, replacement large plastic rivet that pushes to release like the smaller type, a chain guard bolt, and a some metric bolts from a generic hardware pack). I now have a single ugly bar end up for grabs because I'm now running without any after I had to have the other cut off (intended to replace because the paint was coming off; replacements don't fit). I bought another $17 fairing bolt kit to replace more rotten well nuts so I have about four more rubber well nuts. I'll update my main list tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexbo View Post
I have a freebie someone can take!

Alpinestars SP2 full gauntlet gloves, size Large, all black. Pretty much perfect condition except I tore the labels out because they were tickling my wrists. Pickup in Los Angeles would be preferred!

The stipulation: You promise to either post a photo of you using the gloves on the track OR you post a photo of you using the gloves as part of an awesome road trip. I used these gloves in my Rome to London trip in 2008 and they served me well. I want someone else to use them in a similar manner, knowing that they never failed me. Note: your hands may get cold in freezing rain and snow.
I do need gloves and I am planning to cross the country a second time to return to GA this year, but I feel that I'd need to do something more to earn it than sharing a few bolts. My fingers are poking through my old Tour Master Cortech gloves from early 2008 and bits and pieces fell off years ago (vent, screen, etc). They are functionally useless now because my fingertips will grind off in any accident, the seams are already split and will open rights up, and the padding under the knuckle shells is deteriorated.

Old June 8th, 2011, 06:01 PM   #19
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r, 2011 Zero S, 2009 KLR 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
I do need gloves and I am planning to cross the country a second time to return to GA this year, but I feel that I'd need to do something more to earn it than sharing a few bolts.
Top of pikes peak. Photo proof will be acceptable in front of this:

Rexbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 8th, 2011, 06:20 PM   #20
Cazper
ninjaholic

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): 09' SE 250R (sold), 03' ZX-6R, 99' XL1200C SP

Those are great gloves... I have a pair of black/white size Large myself... also, coincidentally... I grew up in Colorado Springs... couldn't help but post up
Cazper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 8th, 2011, 06:54 PM   #21
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazper View Post
Those are great gloves... I have a pair of black/white size Large myself... also, coincidentally... I grew up in Colorado Springs... couldn't help but post up
I had those gloves as well, after 8 months they have mulitiple tears in them and the leather at one of the fingers split. I am taking them to the alpine stars HQ here in torrance to show them that a pair of shotty quality made it out.

Also the helmet i have listed is gone, i have to let a friend at work use it for a little while, when i get it back i will repost it here, Sorry guys.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 9th, 2011, 03:09 AM   #22
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexbo View Post
Top of pikes peak. Photo proof will be acceptable in front of this:
Is it really vehicle-accessible?
Edit: tried 'em on at Cycle Gear today and found that I would need XL or XXL anyway. May they go to someone deserving!

Last futzed with by CZroe; June 11th, 2011 at 02:13 PM.

Old June 11th, 2011, 02:13 PM   #23
CZroe
CPT Falcon

OK, I'm adding wire splice materials to the list along with more rubber well nuts and bolts and such.

Already claimed:
Its_Scott - Plastic rivets, short fairing bolts with nylon washers, some metric hardware
gfloyd2002 - Wire strip/crimp tool and the barrel connector things you use it with along with some of the things that tap a wire.

Current list offered:
A bunch of the things that tap a wire to splice to a new one when you close the plastic snap (does so without disconnecting the original)
External knee armor - worn once; need to find them; may be in GA
A couple more original short fairing bolts and the two longer ones from the windscreen
Random metric hardware (bolts and nuts) purchased in an assortment just to get those plastic rivets I ended up giving away.
A couple rubber well-nuts and blue fairing bolts
More to come

Current list wanted:
Small copper lock washer from screwed-down electical terminals behind gauge cluster (EX250J) - I lost one.
Rubber boot from shift pedal (EX250J) - Mine is rotten
XL/XXL/XXXL riding gloves - Mine are falling apart and exposing my fingers

Last futzed with by CZroe; June 11th, 2011 at 11:19 PM.

Old June 11th, 2011, 09:14 PM   #24
Klink
ninjette.org member

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Womens Gear

I just got my 250 not to long ago and I am still working on getting the rest of my gear. I have picked up a nice Helmet, and Jacket so far.

My girlfriend asked me if I wanted to go to see a movie last night and as she always does what I want to do I of course said yes. As we were getting ready to leave she caught me by surprise and asked if we could take the motorcycle to the movies . (By the way it was Fast Five and not great but just ok) So I let her use my helmet and I rode her up to the movies about a mile away but felt very uncomfortable doing so. As I do not have all of my equipment yet I need a low cost way to get her some gear.

Now she has expressed an interest in learning to ride the 250. I would love to teach her but I need to get her some gear before she loses interest.

I would appreciate any help if anyone has any extra inexpensive ladies gear they are not using. She is about 5'6" and 115 lbs. I looked at her jeans and they are a size 3 and her shoes are about size 8 and she says my HJC med. helmet is uncomfortable.

I will donate any equipment received back on this thread as I either replace it or find out she is not going to use it.

Here is a picture of her. She is the one on the right. I will also post a pic of her in any gear I may get for her learning to ride the bike.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Camera 143.jpg (85.2 KB, 14 views)
Klink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2011, 10:22 PM   #25
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
PM sent on Jet's electrical doodads.

Also, Klink, I'll take the one on the left. Shipping to 34055. Oh, wait, you're not donating them?

Old June 11th, 2011, 10:30 PM   #26
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
I've got two OEM bar end sliders I'd be willing to donate to a good home, perhaps to someone who has dumped. Minor scratches on one deftly covered with a sharpie. Only one bar end bolt available, though, I stripped the hell out of the other one trying to break the locktite when I replaced OEM with weighted bar ends.

Old June 11th, 2011, 11:17 PM   #27
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfloyd2002 View Post
I've got two OEM bar end sliders I'd be willing to donate to a good home, perhaps to someone who has dumped. Minor scratches on one deftly covered with a sharpie. Only one bar end bolt available, though, I stripped the hell out of the other one trying to break the locktite when I replaced OEM with weighted bar ends.
Well, I've got one OEM bar end with faded paint and one bolt, so I'm riding with no bar ends right now! I am looking at a pair of clip-ons that I may buy tomorrow that will fit the aftermarket bar ends that I bought (only fit hollow tubes) but, if not, I could use them. I'll keep in touch!

Old June 13th, 2011, 12:15 AM   #28
vnranger
ninjette.org sage

Motorcycle(s): Candy Thunder blue 2009 kawasaki 250r, 2010 Dark Stealth Ducati Monster 696.

I have some items that I don't use:
1. HGC-AC11 helmet,silver,size Small never drop,good condition. GONE
2. 2009 OEM chain guard.
3. 2009 OEM front sprocket (about 60-80 miles when I took it off to replace with the 15 sprocket).
4. 2009 complete stock exhaust(can,heat shield, header,clamp...) and it was like 600 miles on it when I took it off my bike.Only little problem that I’ve tried to painted it so it got really light sanded (by 1000 grid sand paper) and I think you can take off those sand mark easy by polish it.Just search for shipping price then paypal it to me and it'll be your.Myzip is 97006.

Who ever need any of these, just let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0612012354.jpg (63.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 0613010002.jpg (84.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 0613010002a.jpg (74.5 KB, 5 views)

Last futzed with by vnranger; June 15th, 2011 at 09:06 AM. Reason: add more stuff

Old June 14th, 2011, 03:54 PM   #29
CynicalC

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

Helmet

Hey I can use that hjc helmet if you still have it. I was just looking at helmets yesterday and shoei small fits me perfectly (small noggin I guess) this would be great to use for a little while in the beginning and to take the msf. Then I'll put it back up for free on here when I commit and buy a new one. Shipping would be to 94901. I can papyal you for shipping whenever.
CynicalC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 14th, 2011, 04:07 PM   #30
nebraskan
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250

i have the whole stock rear fender, minus the turn signals.

Old June 14th, 2011, 04:14 PM   #31
CynicalC

Quote:
Current list wanted:
Small copper lock washer from screwed-down electical terminals behind gauge cluster (EX250J) - I lost one.
I've got stainless washers & lock washers down to 3mm. Not copper but you're welcome to what I have.

Old June 15th, 2011, 04:57 AM   #32
dubojr1

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

I just want to say that it's GREAT to see such an awesome thread. Well done to each of you. I'll have to see what kind of parts I have laying around too.

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2011, 05:54 AM   #33
kaiserz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebraskan View Post
i have the whole stock rear fender, minus the turn signals.
Kind sir, If this is still up for grabs I will gladly take this off your hands. And I will donate something in return.

Old June 15th, 2011, 07:56 AM   #34
vnranger
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalC View Post
Hey I can use that hjc helmet if you still have it. I was just looking at helmets yesterday and shoei small fits me perfectly (small noggin I guess) this would be great to use for a little while in the beginning and to take the msf. Then I'll put it back up for free on here when I commit and buy a new one. Shipping would be to 94901. I can papyal you for shipping whenever.
PM sent, helmet is on its way to USPS.

Last futzed with by vnranger; June 15th, 2011 at 10:15 PM.

Old June 15th, 2011, 03:38 PM   #35
IndyTwoFiddy
ninjette.org member

I have a stock taillight...

Old June 15th, 2011, 04:32 PM   #36
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyTwoFiddy View Post
I have a stock taillight...
If phil doesnt want this one I'll take it. I want to make my own all LED taillight

Old June 15th, 2011, 05:38 PM   #37
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfloyd2002 View Post
I've done the Sharpie cover-up on numerous items, especially frayed warranty seals (not fraudulently!).

Anyway, I believe I could use that bar-end and bolt if it's still available. I don't know how long it will be before I get my clip-ons installed but my bars keep vibrating and scaring the crap out of me and whoever ultimately gets my bars will probably need bar ends with them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalC View Post
I've got stainless washers & lock washers down to 3mm. Not copper but you're welcome to what I have.
Thanks, but the thing is that I had no backlighting behind the speedometer when I got it make together and it suddenly came on and stayed on when I hit the first bump. Basically, because I don't know if the missing washer is why that happened, I don't want to replace it with any old washer and worry if it's conductive or what. I think it's only worth tearing out again if I'm going to eliminate any concerns I have until it happens again. If I can find one of the originals then I could truly eliminate that concern, so I'm probably just going to order one if it is orderable. It truly is tiny!

Old June 15th, 2011, 05:54 PM   #38
IndyTwoFiddy
ninjette.org member

I'll check the shipping for you and let you know...and Kevin you're also 2nd in line

Old June 15th, 2011, 11:58 PM   #39
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
Quote:
I've done the Sharpie cover-up on numerous items, especially frayed warranty seals (not fraudulently!).

Anyway, I believe I could use that bar-end and bolt if it's still available. I don't know how long it will be before I get my clip-ons installed but my bars keep vibrating and scaring the crap out of me and whoever ultimately gets my bars will probably need bar ends with them!
PM your address and I'll ship 'em out to you, I'm happy to pick up the shipping for you given your generosity in this thread.

Old June 16th, 2011, 01:25 AM   #40
CynicalC

Oh I've also got shimming washers if anyone needs