Go Back   ninjette.org > None of the above > The Ex-Ninjetters Lair

Old August 29th, 2014, 07:26 PM   #1
Finesse
ran when parked

Name: Katie

Motorcycle(s): Freeride 250R, KLX250SF, mopeds

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
Kawasaki z750s

I rode one today at work. If I had the cash I'd pick one up, illogically, as it's almost a direct competitor to my SV650.... Anyway, does anyone have one or has anyone ridden one?? My impression was it's very light, somehow has the perfect balance of upright and forward, half fairing with very decent windscreen, very very well balanced and smooth, easy to ride, not too tall (I'm 5'5 and could touch both balls of my feet on the ground at the same time). It just called to me! Very different from my bike, which has a shitload of low-end torque and feels faster at lower RPMs and much more sensitive to throttle changes. Just wanted to know if anyone else has experience with them and has any opinions on using it as a touring bike or how well they hold up. If I suddenly get a huge raise or a rich relative dies, I'd definitely be interested in getting back into the Kawasaki groove and that's 100% the bike I'd go for!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kawasaki_750S_RS.jpg (218.3 KB, 9 views)
Finesse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 1st, 2014, 04:13 PM   #2
KawiKid860
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Murphey

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Honda 919, 2004 Ninja 500R NAKED

I don't believe those were sold in the US? I had it confused with the zr7 at first, which is kind of a lame standard type bike that was really close to the old zephyrs mechanically. Basically a sleeved down Z1k with a half fairing and banana seat on the S model, might be hard to come by another one but you could always just get a z1000!
KawiKid860 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 1st, 2014, 04:46 PM   #3
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
mmm I saw a z1000 today, it was beautiful, black with green seats and other green accents. Sounded great too.

can't comment on a z750 though as I haven't come across one though I can say that I do like how the sv650 feels, at least at parking lot speeds. It's a very solid bike and the one I rode had everything set up the right way which only made my impression on the bike better