ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2013 - 2017 Ninja 300 > 2013 - 2017 Ninja 300 General Discussion

Old August 27th, 2012, 08:04 AM   #1
NinjetteNewfie
ninjette.org member

Name: Melissa

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

2013 250 in Canada will be FI!!!

Went to my local Kawi dealer this morning to pick up some spools, and asked the saleslady when they would be getting the 2013 250. She said that it won't be until the spring, but that it will be fuel injected!! She had no idea what the price was going to be, but to give you guys some idea of current pricing here, the 2012 model is $5000, the 2012 CBR Non-ABS is $4500, ABS model is $5000. I think that Kawi will have to be careful about pricing themselves out of the 250 market if they make it too expensive. The CBR might be nasty looking, but with FI, ABS and digital guages, is the same price as the current Ninja. If Kawi is going to list it at say $5500-6000, maybe I'll just throw in some extra cash and get the 400 Ninja for $7000.

Old August 27th, 2012, 08:13 AM   #2
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

I believe the 2008 - 2012 models in Canada are fuel injected the same as is Europe and Asia, probably something to do with import duties and the commonwealth.
Joshorilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2012, 08:15 AM   #3
NinjetteNewfie
ninjette.org member

Name: Melissa

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshorilla View Post
I believe the 2008 - 2012 models in Canada are fuel injected the same as is Europe and Asia, probably something to do with import duties and the commonwealth.
Nope, I'm in Canada, got an 09 Ninja, no FI here until the 2013 arrives.

Old August 27th, 2012, 08:25 AM   #4
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

My mistake, well if you get a fuel injected model, please do review comparing and contrasting, I hear a lot of "carbs make more power have fun with your weak fuel injection!" or "i really want a fuel injection kit you're so lucky in europe!" apparently the european FI Ninja is 33bhp due to the 33bhp restriction laws for new riders, but I hear the carbed is 28~bhp? There really is a mismatch of information.

To bring the price of the new ninja down, they have used a lot cheaper plastics from what I have seen on youtube, and they have not bothered with a kick stand engine cut off or other things, I believe they should be the same price, but built down to that price, it would annoy me if they keep the same price in europe for a bike built down in quality, there is a good youtube vid of an indonesian chap flicking plastics that demonstrates this.

I don't think I will get a 2013 one, I prefer the current gen for looks, and I don't like black trim, but I do like the digital dash!

Old August 27th, 2012, 08:26 AM   #5
Boom King
So, where's the reverse?

Name: Anson

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

I hope that's true. On my local forum, one of the members called a local dealer and was told FI and ABS models would not be available here. It's still early yet so we might have to await official release specs from Kawasaki Canada. *crosses fingers*
Boom King is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2012, 12:51 PM   #6
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
My mistake, well if you get a fuel injected model, please do review comparing and contrasting, I hear a lot of "carbs make more power have fun with your weak fuel injection!" or "i really want a fuel injection kit you're so lucky in europe!" apparently the european FI Ninja is 33bhp due to the 33bhp restriction laws for new riders, but I hear the carbed is 28~bhp? There really is a mismatch of information.
It's because we all have our own ideas of what something will be, and none of us have ridden the variants from other continents I did an FI conversion and like it, but have no dyno data available, so I won't add more butt-dyno "readings" here because I might add more confusion.

The 28 hp number you're finding for the carbed bikes is measured at the rear wheel, where the 33 bhp limit is at the flywheel (but ask one of the brits how their laws are written and that will clarify between 33bhp or 33rwhp)
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2012, 01:19 PM   #7
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
It's because we all have our own ideas of what something will be, and none of us have ridden the variants from other continents I did an FI conversion and like it, but have no dyno data available, so I won't add more butt-dyno "readings" here because I might add more confusion.

The 28 hp number you're finding for the carbed bikes is measured at the rear wheel, where the 33 bhp limit is at the flywheel (but ask one of the brits how their laws are written and that will clarify between 33bhp or 33rwhp)
Ahhh! Thanks for the info, I had forgotten about bhp and rwhp I wouldn't care which one is more powerful though, as the highest speed limit of my island is 35mph

Old August 27th, 2012, 01:46 PM   #8
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
I wouldn't care which one is more powerful though, as the highest speed limit of my island is 35mph
Yeah I know right? they'll both do more than every speed limit here as well
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2012, 02:37 PM   #9
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Yup - the current FI model makes almost the identical power of the current carbed model. link to relevant post; info from service manuals

FI: 24 KW
carbed: 23.4 KW

(1 kilowatt = 1.34102209 hp)

FI: 32.2 hp
carbed: 31.4 hp

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote