ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old May 17th, 2009, 05:24 PM   #1
mcteague
ninjette.org member

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Yamaha FZ6

Speed; when can you really use it?

I know many, including me sometimes, think of moving to a faster, more powerful bike. But, when I think about the riding I do, I wonder where you can really use it. On the highway there is so much traffic that you really can't speed up much without rear ending a car. On the roads around my neighborhood it's too easy to break the speed limit as it is. The fun twisty roads keep your top speed down as well. Assuming you don't ride track nor want to have you license torn up where can you use a bike that can go >150mph?

It would be nice to have some extra power and certainly better suspension but I can't imagine where I could use a 100hp bike. Part of me lusts for a CBR 600RR, the only supersport that feels really good in the showroom, but I think the bike's potential would be largely wasted.

Tim
mcteague is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 17th, 2009, 05:33 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

It's certainly harder to use much of the capability of an over-powered bike on the street. Doesn't mean that it can't be fun from time to time, though. The top speed capabilities are somewhat academic, as 150+ on the public roads is admittedly ludicrous. Though there are some very remote areas like Death Valley and elsewhere where the roads do almost require a rider on a sportbike to "accidentally" goose the throttle a bit to see what she'll do...

In more day-to-day highway and twisties, the additional power can translate into easier acceleration, which results in going perhaps the same ultimate speed or only a little faster than on a less powerful bike. The 40 mph to 80 mph pulls out of tight corners, or 70 - 90 quick burst of speed to place yourself in a more desirable spot within traffic. Acceleration is fun, just like carving corners is fun, just like even hard braking can be fun from time to time. More of any of those things isn't always a bad thing, but I do think it's good for motorcyclists to understand that you don't need an insanely over-powered bike to have fun. On this board we all get that, but motorcyclists as a whole may not. Though most come around eventually.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 17th, 2009, 05:39 PM   #3
sm0kediver
one disaster at a time

Name: Jody

Motorcycle(s): EX250J9

I agree. I find myself lusting after superbikes, but when I'm actually out riding my Ninja it meets most of my needs. Most of my rides are on roads posted as 55 mph or below. In that environment, I can wring out the Ninja, and get away with no speeding tickets. I can turn an average commute into a mini Moto GP if I want to and it doesn't cost me a trip to court. A 650 (or larger) sport bike would have to be ridden pretty tamely to stay out of trouble.

My next bike will probably be a DR650, just because I like dual sports, and my DR200 doesn't have enough tall enough gearing to go on long highway trips.
sm0kediver is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 17th, 2009, 06:48 PM   #4
Angel-be-Good
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, '11 Street Triple R

For me, the difference between going 60 and 90 miles an hour isn't that much of a thrill. But the difference between 0-60 in seven seconds versus 0-60 in five seconds is exciting. Acceleration is enough to make more power worth it even if triple digit speed isn't a realistic possibility.

I've got a pretty fast car and love its accelerative capability, but it's a different joy riding the Ninjette and lettin' it rip everywhere I go, banging through the gears. In my car, I can't even max out first gear rolling around town.

Old May 18th, 2009, 12:15 AM   #5
ninjabrewer
dirty old man

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Blue '08 Ninja 250

Let's seee........
leaving LAX, heading south, or was it, oh never mind it was in interstate in socal, doing 75 in a 65 and getting passed like I was in reverse, thinking "was it a smart thing to ship my bike?" and "can my 250 keep up.......here?"

nb

edit: on another note, experienced my very first socal earthquake tonight, a 4.7, less that 24 hours after getting here. Kewl.

Old May 18th, 2009, 12:31 AM   #6
imunro
Year-round rider

Name: Ian

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ebony 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0kediver View Post
I agree. I find myself lusting after superbikes, but when I'm actually out riding my Ninja it meets most of my needs. Most of my rides are on roads posted as 55 mph or below. In that environment, I can wring out the Ninja, and get away with no speeding tickets.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Went for a ride up Cypress Mountain early this morning; there's a viewpoint about halfway up that overlooks the coast. You can hear the traffic coming up the mountain too. Anyway, I heard the trademark sound of a sportbike zooming up from somewhere down below and thought to myself "That sounds like fun.."

5 minutes later as I was coming back down, I rounded a corner and there was the guy with his R1, pulled over by the RCMP for speeding.

Even on quieter roads you can still get caught, and I think bigger bikes make it that much more tempting to explore their limits. I've decided to save that for a track day.

My Albums
imunro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 18th, 2009, 01:34 AM   #7
bogdanb
ninjette.org member

Name: bogdan

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Z750

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcteague View Post
I know many, including me sometimes, think of moving to a faster, more powerful bike. But, when I think about the riding I do, I wonder where you can really use it. On the highway there is so much traffic that you really can't speed up much without rear ending a car. On the roads around my neighborhood it's too easy to break the speed limit as it is. The fun twisty roads keep your top speed down as well. Assuming you don't ride track nor want to have you license torn up where can you use a bike that can go >150mph?

It would be nice to have some extra power and certainly better suspension but I can't imagine where I could use a 100hp bike. Part of me lusts for a CBR 600RR, the only supersport that feels really good in the showroom, but I think the bike's potential would be largely wasted.

Tim
Generally I agree with you Tim. I often ask my self the same... May be I should have bought ZX 6...
I think it's not about speeding ( we don't have problem with speeding around ) , it is about acceleration.
I hope that I made the right decision. I ride 95% in heavy traffic, downtown.
Instead of acceleration I got a low mileage.

Old May 18th, 2009, 04:49 AM   #8
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
I agree with you. The only palce that you can truely use the power and speed of the big bikes is on the track.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 18th, 2009, 06:02 AM   #9
tjkamper

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

I'm not sure if it makes much of a difference, but can continually pushing a bike to close to it's limits be detremental to its longevity?

I ride a minimume of 60 miles a day and at least three times a week I ride about 150 miles. Last week I put 900 miles on my bike. About 80 percent of this is on the freeway and I'm in Utah. If you haven't ever been in utah. The Speed limit is marked at 65, but the flow of trafic is usually between 75-80 mph. So I either have to ride at those speeds or get run over. Trust me I tried to ride slower when I first got the bike, but all that happened was the ideots tailgated me like craze and then eventually sped around with the longest finger of their hand extended.

Will continually riding this much be detremental to the longevity of my bike?

Old May 18th, 2009, 07:13 AM   #10
TrueFaith
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wayne

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Honda CBR250R

Better to have the power and not need it than need the power and not have it. My Ninja fits my needs perfectly, but if I spent more time commuting on the highway I'd have to think about a 600.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 18th, 2009, 07:43 AM   #11
Syphen
Some weird Canuck!

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): '92 CBR250RR "Babyblade", 2008 Ninja 250R, 2001 CBR600F4i

Maybe I'm weird but most of the time, I don't miss the power of my old 600's. The only time that I ever notice that I'm missing acceleration is when I do go riding with my buddies who all own 600's/750's and 1000's. I can hold my own on a very twisty road and pass some of them but the minute we come to a long straight, I'm left in the dust.

When riding on my own or with other 250's.. I feel fast and don't ever really want more power then that.

With that being said, I did just buy myself another 600 (2001 F4i) about 2 months ago that I'm fixing up to ride, maybe track.

Old May 18th, 2009, 09:15 AM   #12
Elfling
ninjette.org guru

Name: Becca

Motorcycle(s): 03 Ninja 250, 02 CBR600 f4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
It's certainly harder to use much of the capability of an over-powered bike on the street. Doesn't mean that it can't be fun from time to time, though. The top speed capabilities are somewhat academic, as 150+ on the public roads is admittedly ludicrous. Though there are some very remote areas like Death Valley and elsewhere where the roads do almost require a rider on a sportbike to "accidentally" goose the throttle a bit to see what she'll do...

In more day-to-day highway and twisties, the additional power can translate into easier acceleration, which results in going perhaps the same ultimate speed or only a little faster than on a less powerful bike. The 40 mph to 80 mph pulls out of tight corners, or 70 - 90 quick burst of speed to place yourself in a more desirable spot within traffic. Acceleration is fun, just like carving corners is fun, just like even hard braking can be fun from time to time. More of any of those things isn't always a bad thing, but I do think it's good for motorcyclists to understand that you don't need an insanely over-powered bike to have fun. On this board we all get that, but motorcyclists as a whole may not. Though most come around eventually.
To this I'd add just plain pick-up, passing ability, and hill climbing.
EDIT: See you mentioned passing already

I like TrueFaith's statement, that's pretty much how I feel. It's how I run my cars. Do I need turbo? Probably not. A little Kia would get me to my job just fine. A car with more punch makes it a lot more fun though. I wouldn't seriously consider using the 250 for an interstate commuting bike, though I probably wouldn't commute on a bike either, no matter what size, given my job.
Elfling is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 18th, 2009, 09:44 AM   #13
Elfling
ninjette.org guru

Name: Becca

Motorcycle(s): 03 Ninja 250, 02 CBR600 f4i

After thinking about it more, I just wanted to add:

There's nothing wrong with loving your 250 and being perfectly content. There's nothing wrong with wanting something bigger. Nobody except a pro taps into the top end of their bike anyways. Come on- we're into this because we love riding, and loving engines/mods/mechanics comes with that.
Elfling is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 18th, 2009, 10:41 AM   #14
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14

After you have the experience to handle it!

Old May 18th, 2009, 10:58 AM   #15
Cali619
Giggity Giggity

Name: Ryam

Motorcycle(s): 08 ninja 250R aka Hiryu

I would upgrade to a 600 or 650 not just for the higher top speed but also for having a wider power band. No shifting to think about when going from a straight to a curve and can concentrate more on the turn point and exit with more throttle control.
Facebook DY Fender chop, Danmoto CB slip-on w/baffle, Airbox removed, Kleen-air removed, shimmed needles, Mikuni #117.5 Main jets, K&N RU-1822 air filter pods
Cali619 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 18th, 2009, 11:13 AM   #16
mcteague
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali619 View Post
I would upgrade to a 600 or 650 not just for the higher top speed but also for having a wider power band. No shifting to think about when going from a straight to a curve and can concentrate more on the turn point and exit with more throttle control.
That is one of the reasons I might move up some day. Often it's fun to run up and down the gears but there are days when I would rather take it easy. Having to hit 3rd before I get through the intersection can get old.

It would also be nice to get really better suspension without having to go to a supersport.

Tim

Old May 18th, 2009, 12:05 PM   #17
IlBLisSlI
i'm a cow killer

Name: Drew

Motorcycle(s): 2006 250r

having ridden on almost every bike on the market today (thanks to bike week and all the manufacturers giving test rides). i can definitely see the appeal of a bigger bike. but i can honestly say after riding all those bikes the only one i'd seriously consider moving up to at this point is the kawi 650r
just seemed to be the perfect blend of power and practicality.
i don't plan on moving up any time soon and i may never actually make that leap. mostly because i just don't see the sense in spending the extra money for that extra power that i'll never really use. i'm a right hand lane driver who never goes over the speed limit so it would be sort of wasted on me. but even still i can fully understand why you would want that extra pep even just getting up to the speed limit.
for me though, if i do ever wind up getting a bigger bike like the 650r it'll be for comfort not for speed.
IlBLisSlI is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 18th, 2009, 12:10 PM   #18
Tintkng
ninjette.org member

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r

does anyone ever get a little self conscious when buzzing around town? especially those of us with a loud aftermarket exhaust? lets say....a stop light in the center of town and a big intersection....i ride my bike hard, and sometimes hearing it wind out in 1st or 2nd before im even out of the intersection makes me wonder if i need something bigger....and what the guy next to me in the bmw 645 is thinking...maybe i just care too much about what people think? who knows. but i know i love my bike and am not thinking of getting rid of it anytime soon. just a thought.

Old May 18th, 2009, 12:19 PM   #19
OldGuy
Live Life

Name: Don

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Green SE Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintkng View Post
i ride my bike hard, and sometimes hearing it wind out in 1st or 2nd before im even out of the intersection
Must be an awfully wide intersection to be wound out.

Old May 18th, 2009, 12:43 PM   #20
IlBLisSlI
i'm a cow killer

Quote:
does anyone ever get a little self conscious when buzzing around town? especially those of us with a loud aftermarket exhaust? lets say....a stop light in the center of town and a big intersection....i ride my bike hard, and sometimes hearing it wind out in 1st or 2nd before im even out of the intersection makes me wonder if i need something bigger....and what the guy next to me in the bmw 645 is thinking...maybe i just care too much about what people think? who knows. but i know i love my bike and am not thinking of getting rid of it anytime soon. just a thought.
no i don't really have that problem. i typically never really even go over 8k rpm. i like to take it easy and milk those MPGs

Old May 18th, 2009, 01:37 PM   #21
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

Quote:

Tim
Tim, we need to find you some twisties... Mmmm hum... MD is just not known for them!

Old May 18th, 2009, 03:56 PM   #22
mcteague
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTyke View Post
Tim, we need to find you some twisties... Mmmm hum... MD is just not known for them!
Actually, right near me is a great stretch or curves on Harford Rd from Northwind on up. It's fairly hilly and curvy. I often go back and forth on this section and practice my lines. Unfortunately, there always seem to be cars going too slow for my tastes. That is another thing that gets me. I already can't ride the 250 at fun speeds much of the time so how can I justify a bigger bike?

Maybe some day I'll upgrade just to get a better built bike with nice parts. I have a custom titanium road bike with Campagnolo parts so I am used to well made hardware. Don't get me wrong, the Ninjette is amazing for the price paid.

Tim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Axiom_full.jpg (98.2 KB, 10 views)

Old May 18th, 2009, 05:32 PM   #23
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

Sorry.... I meant REAL twisties Ones where you come into the road and it has a twisty sign and says "For the next 11 miles"

I have been up in the Harford area, Manor rd, Glen Arm... Nice but also the traffic does suck. The closest I have come is Route 30/Lincoln Highway up in the lower Western corner of PA.

Though really, if you truely wanted just the speed in the bike you wouldn't be asking this question. On Tyke I can beat my BF on his Busa in the twisties.

He didn't get the Busa for speed though. Being a big guy he needed somthing he could fit on ><'
(Phil and his dad)

Old May 18th, 2009, 05:40 PM   #24
sm0kediver
one disaster at a time

Name: Jody

Motorcycle(s): EX250J9

I'm glad I am well past the break in period and can feel good about winding it up. I usually shift around 10k, and higher if I'm trying to achieve serious acceleration. It's kind of scooter like shifting at 6k, but it's a whole nother machine above 9k.
sm0kediver is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 18th, 2009, 05:52 PM   #25
Flashmonkey
Professional belly dancer

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 1992 GSX-R 750

On the ninjette i'm rarely below 7k. Anything below that and it feels like the bike is going to stall...obviously it won't but still...

I will definitely be upgrading, but that is not the fault of my little ninja. If anything, I'm gonna try and swing it so I keep the 250 once I upgrade. I just want to see what else is out there....and what all the noise is about with the supersports. I'm "exploring"....or something.....
Flashmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 19th, 2009, 04:49 PM   #26
mcteague
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTyke View Post
Sorry.... I meant REAL twisties Ones where you come into the road and it has a twisty sign and says "For the next 11 miles"

I have been up in the Harford area, Manor rd, Glen Arm... Nice but also the traffic does suck. The closest I have come is Route 30/Lincoln Highway up in the lower Western corner of PA.

Though really, if you truely wanted just the speed in the bike you wouldn't be asking this question. On Tyke I can beat my BF on his Busa in the twisties.

He didn't get the Busa for speed though. Being a big guy he needed somthing he could fit on ><'
(Phil and his dad)

[IMG]
Riding is all about the curves for me. Going straight gets dull very quickly IMO. Too bad we don't have a "Dragon" nearby. That's why I wonder if upgrading would be worth it. A bit more speed would be great but a lot more does not seem worth it. I have no interest in going over 80 on the highway nor doubling the limit on local roads. Too bad the US market does not warrant more upright versions of bikes like the CBR600 that the Euros get. I might want a bike with more power, better parts but civilized position as compared to supersports.

Tim

Old May 19th, 2009, 07:27 PM   #27
muffinman
ninjette.org guru

Name: Arthur

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R (sold), '05 ZX6R / 636

Some of you guys hit it right on - for many, going fast isn't the fun part, getting there IS

I love accelerating on on-ramps.. you can accelerate hard and still obey the speed limit (to some extent)
muffinman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 19th, 2009, 07:41 PM   #28
Suey250
Da Peon

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

Quote:
I feel the same way and I have a stock exhaust still. Now that I am wearing ear plugs on every ride I don't think about this as much; however I'm a little self conscious when I am redlining 1st, 2nd 3rd and not really going anywhere fast vs other cars lol but basically Yes we just care too much about what other people think, only natural I suppose. I still love riding the little ninja, but maybe move up to the 650R one day for the acceleration factor
Suey250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 19th, 2009, 09:44 PM   #29
ninjabrewer
dirty old man

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Blue '08 Ninja 250

Quote:
Actually, right near me is a great stretch or curves on Harford Rd from Northwind on up. It's fairly hilly and curvy. I often go back and forth on this section and practice my lines. Unfortunately, there always seem to be cars going too slow for my tastes. That is another thing that gets me. I already can't ride the 250 at fun speeds much of the time so how can I justify a bigger bike?

Maybe some day I'll upgrade just to get a better built bike with nice parts. I have a custom titanium road bike with Campagnolo parts so I am used to well made hardware. Don't get me wrong, the Ninjette is amazing for the price paid.

Tim
Whoa, NICE bike

nb

Old May 20th, 2009, 04:17 AM   #30
IlBLisSlI
i'm a cow killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinman View Post
Some of you guys hit it right on - for many, going fast isn't the fun part, getting there IS

I love accelerating on on-ramps.. you can accelerate hard and still obey the speed limit (to some extent)
oh believe me i know exactly what you are talking about. in my younger days i used to think i could get around the law by just accelerating as fast as i could up to the speed limit. however Florida law unfortunately has several laws against that as well. back in the day i was ticketed for "exhibition of acceleration" "competition speed" and now they will ticket you for drag racing as well and impound your car/bike and auction it off.

Old May 20th, 2009, 06:42 AM   #31
TrueFaith
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wayne

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Honda CBR250R

Quote:
A sprocket swap would allow you to get through that intersection without all the shifting. I rarely get out of 3rd gear when I'm buzzing around town.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 20th, 2009, 09:43 AM   #32
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Name: CB

Motorcycle(s): Depends on the week you ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkamper View Post

Will continually riding this much be detremental to the longevity of my bike?

Riding it slow and easy is worse for it than driving it hard. That goes for any vehicle. When operating it slow and easy there isn't much load put on the engine. Also, it gets carbon buildup and hurts components. Especially if it has an emissions system on it. I've seen more cars damaged due to "taking it easy" than most any other cause. Keep it under redline and you'll be fine. Motors were built to run afterall, weren't they?
TnNinjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 20th, 2009, 09:54 AM   #33
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnNinjaGirl View Post
Riding it slow and easy is worse for it than driving it hard. That goes for any vehicle. When operating it slow and easy there isn't much load put on the engine. Also, it gets carbon buildup and hurts components. Especially if it has an emissions system on it. I've seen more cars damaged due to "taking it easy" than most any other cause. Keep it under redline and you'll be fine. Motors were built to run afterall, weren't they?
Do you mind if I quote you next time I get caught speeding?

Old May 20th, 2009, 11:29 AM   #34
smcbride11
ninjette.org member

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): '95 BMW K75

Quote:
Unfortunately, there always seem to be cars going too slow for my tastes. That is another thing that gets me. I already can't ride the 250 at fun speeds much of the time so how can I justify a bigger bike?
+1

I just ran out to the store on my lunch break and there's a few fun curves that I was anticipating on the way out... Both on the way out and the way back I had a cage take the turns at 20 in front of me. Damn.

Highway speed limits here are usually between 40 and 55, bumping up to 65 once I cross a border... I was on the highway earlier passing people at 60 and thought "wait, I'm still in 5th" - and she wasn't laboring.

My next bike will be a dual sport, so if I move up it'll probably be to a 650, either twin or single... I've got no intention of going supersport though.
smcbride11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 20th, 2009, 01:24 PM   #35
CodE-E
Ninja Newbie

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): EX250K9

I got my Ninja back from the 1000 km service yesterday, so I'm going to start taking it to the red line from now on. I'll go for a long ride tomorrow to see how it feels at 9k+ rpm. Can't wait!

Although the acceleration ain't bad, a bit more wouldn't hurt to be able to quickly overtake people at around 80 km/h. I commute on a fairly twisty (and dangerous) road, on which a lot of drivers only stay at 80 km/h (with a 100 km/h limit). Maybe the power at 9k+ rpm will help, but so far I was sometimes wishing for a bit more power. It probably wouldn't be smart for me to be driving a 600 cc for me yet, though.

Before I buy a bigger bike, I've gotta get a car. For now, I'm generally very happy with the Ninja, though.
CodE-E is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 20th, 2009, 01:30 PM   #36
SpyderGirl
3 for street, 2 for dirt

Name: Katlyn

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Can Am Spyder PE #1344 / 2009 Kawi KLX140L Monster Energy / 2009 Kawi Ninja 250R (RIP 8.23.09)

I have to say that about 80 - 90% of the time I am very happy and satisfied at the way my little 250 carries me. Most of the time it's absolutely perfect as is. The only time I have issues is merging onto the freeway. There are a lot of steep and hilly freeway entrances around where I live and it's dangerous enough merging onto the freeway in a car and most certainly on a bike... even more so if you have difficulty getting up to freeway speed to be able to merge properly and/or get outta people's way. I do not lust for a supersport bike, but I would like to have something with a little more power. I'd be happy with the Ninja 500 but I really don't lke the way it looks which is why I would probably consider the 650 instead. I'm happy right now. If I have issues about being in traffic on a bike I just take the Spyder.... it's a 1 litre with 110hp... just not as fun on the twisties.

Old May 20th, 2009, 01:32 PM   #37
SpyderGirl
3 for street, 2 for dirt

Name: Katlyn

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Can Am Spyder PE #1344 / 2009 Kawi KLX140L Monster Energy / 2009 Kawi Ninja 250R (RIP 8.23.09)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
Do you mind if I quote you next time I get caught speeding?
+1

Old May 20th, 2009, 05:58 PM   #38
EJ30157
Kelly Kim's Friend

Name: EJ

Motorcycle(s): (Used to)2008 Green 250R, 2007 Ninja ZX-6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post

After you have the experience to handle it!

+1

With great power comes great responsibility.
EJ30157 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 20th, 2009, 06:09 PM   #39
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnNinjaGirl View Post
Riding it slow and easy is worse for it than driving it hard.
Ninjaqueen, I'm stealing your wisdom for my signature.

Old May 20th, 2009, 08:24 PM   #40
Kurosaki
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星

Name: Joseph

Motorcycle(s): 08 Kurosaki 250, 09 Honda 600RawrRawr

I use the power of my CBR on freeway onramps and powering out of turns. Two things my 250 can't really do.

Other than that, I'm not really into high speed straight line riding... We'll see about that when I get this thang out to the track...
Kurosaki is offline   Reply With Quote