ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Notices

Old September 11th, 2018, 03:40 PM   #1
dodgerdad
ninjette.org guru

Name: Hector

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

3 odd questions

I'm brand new to the forum and 250's. I'm still in the market for one, so I won't post in the intro section quite yet. Instead, I have 3 questions that have come up as I search the classifieds for a decent & affordable bike.

First, can someone please give me the bike exact height (I assume it's at top of the windscreen) for an upright (not on side or center stand) pregen? I need to consider this if I buy one and have to load it in my van.

Second, some of the bikes I've seen for sale are missing te center stand. Are they hard to get a hold of, used? Expensive?

Third, since I plan on cutting portions of the fairings, I'd like to know if the fairings are color molded from the factory, or are they painted.

I've considered a few other bikes, but I'm pretty much sold on a pregen 250. Admittedly, the information and enthusiasm contained in these forums has certainly helped nudge me in the direction of a 250. Not sure my wallet will thank you all but I'm thankful for your help, in advance.
dodgerdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 11th, 2018, 05:46 PM   #2
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
It will fit in your van for sure, unless you have some bizarre mutant Munchkin van.

Don't have a specific answer about the center stand, but you really don't need one. You should get a set of paddock stands anyway. FAR more useful.

Painted.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.

Last futzed with by adouglas; September 12th, 2018 at 04:50 AM.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 12th, 2018, 06:14 AM   #3
dodgerdad
ninjette.org guru

I have a minivan so I figure I may have to tilt it a bit when loading/strapping. Also may need to remove the windscreen to buy me a few inches. I'd feel better with the measurement to avoid guessing in case I have to drive far to pick one up.

I'll check ebay to see if the center stands come up for sale.

I was really hoping the fairings weren't painted but figured they probably were. Just means I'll have to brush up on my non-existent plastic bodywork skills.

Thanks for the info.

Old September 12th, 2018, 07:04 AM   #4
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerdad View Post
I have a minivan so I figure I may have to tilt it a bit when loading/strapping. Also may need to remove the windscreen to buy me a few inches. I'd feel better with the measurement to avoid guessing in case I have to drive far to pick one up.

I'll check ebay to see if the center stands come up for sale.

I was really hoping the fairings weren't painted but figured they probably were. Just means I'll have to brush up on my non-existent plastic bodywork skills.

Thanks for the info.
I have transported a Ninja in a Dodge Caravan, and I believe you do want to remove the windscreen to make loading a bit easier.

Once it's past the drop in the hatch opening there's plenty of room.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 12th, 2018, 07:48 AM   #5
dodgerdad
ninjette.org guru

Thanks! Yeah, my van has a slightly smaller opening at the rear door than the actual total ceiling height.

Old September 25th, 2018, 03:40 PM   #6
dodgerdad
ninjette.org guru

Got it home!

Easy fit, just had to bring it in/out at a slight angle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0537.JPG (136.1 KB, 17 views)

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old September 25th, 2018, 03:45 PM   #7
CaliGrrl
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
Excellent!
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 25th, 2018, 05:36 PM   #8
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Lol... nice pics

For loading, you are interested in the max height, and beware double bubble as they are slightly higher. As far as seat height goes, you are looking at about 30 inches.

Center stand? If you get a "pregen" then it (should have)/will have a center stand, if you get at 2008 or newer, there will be NO center stand. Either way, no big deal. You can spend $50 on a center stand or a rear paddock stand & spools. Your choice....

Pregen fairings are getting increasingly hard to get, so plan as such. New gen fairings are still pretty easy overall. Colors are year specific but can be matched up at https://www.colorrite.com/

I see you are leaning toward a pregen, cool!!!! I have one myself, I feel its stronger than a newgen, but tire options are a major factor unless you do a wheel swap. Your call sir....

Good luck with your choice and hope to hear from you soon about a "new to you" 250.

Best!
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 26th, 2018, 06:46 AM   #9
dodgerdad
ninjette.org guru

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Lol... nice pics

For loading, you are interested in the max height, and beware double bubble as they are slightly higher. As far as seat height goes, you are looking at about 30 inches.

Center stand? If you get a "pregen" then it (should have)/will have a center stand, if you get at 2008 or newer, there will be NO center stand. Either way, no big deal. You can spend $50 on a center stand or a rear paddock stand & spools. Your choice....

Pregen fairings are getting increasingly hard to get, so plan as such. New gen fairings are still pretty easy overall. Colors are year specific but can be matched up at https://www.colorrite.com/

I see you are leaning toward a pregen, cool!!!! I have one myself, I feel its stronger than a newgen, but tire options are a major factor unless you do a wheel swap. Your call sir....

Good luck with your choice and hope to hear from you soon about a "new to you" 250.

Best!
Thanks for the info. I hope to take some photos of my purchase and post on the intro board later this week.