ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old December 20th, 2017, 03:47 PM   #1
Williams17
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Douglas

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r Special Edition

2010 250r Repairs

Hello everyone,
Unfortunately yesterday I low sided my 2010 250r on its right side at a decent speed. I did have frame sliders installed they took the brunt of the crash. I took another look at the bike today and was able to replace the frame sliders with the original engine mount bolt. The bike will start and seems to run fine, however there are a few things I am concerned about. When I turn on the left turn signal, both sides come on. When I try to turn on the right side, neither side comes on. Also after running the bike, I noticed a small amount of a mostly clear liquid on the ground under the middle of the bike. Did not smell like gas or brake fluid. Is this normal? I am planning on getting the bike checked out once I get it in ride-able condition (right handlebar is bent). Just wondering if anyone could offer any help? Thank you.
Williams17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 20th, 2017, 05:49 PM   #2
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
Hi Douglas, welcome to the board, it's good to meet you. The liquid is likely to be coolant. Get some on your fingers and see if its properties match antifreeze, which is slightly slippery, but not as much as oil, has a unique smell, and usually has a little of some color of dye in it. Also, take a close look and see if you can find out where it's getting out. Then you'll have a better idea of how to stop it.

As far as the turn signals, maybe one or more wires or connections got knocked loose, or the handlebar switch is damaged. Fixing that is a matter of checking the circuits with a meter and a copy of the wiring diagram.
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote