ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Notices

Old July 8th, 2012, 04:23 PM   #1
Monkeytofu
I told you bro

Name: Noor

Motorcycle(s): 1996 Ninja 250r

best thread lockers for "removable" parts?

I just got some blue 242 loctite to use on my (new) passenger pegs. One of them fell off (probably on the highway) and I didn't notice until I got home :<

You guys think this will be fine? I may use it on my replaced bar end bolts since I never got around to adding loctite and I really don't want to deal with the hell that is red loctite ever again.
Monkeytofu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 8th, 2012, 04:46 PM   #2
kingkang204
ninjette.org guru

Name: Matthew

Motorcycle(s): Bike-less, Can I ride yours?

I know woodcraft & Bohemian racing advise the use of blue loctite on the bolts. Blue loctite can be disassembled with just tools (unlike red which requires heat), so blue loctite will work just fine!

Old July 8th, 2012, 05:03 PM   #3
leed
ninjette.org sage

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): Time will tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeytofu View Post
I just got some blue 242 loctite to use on my (new) passenger pegs. One of them fell off (probably on the highway) and I didn't notice until I got home :<

You guys think this will be fine? I may use it on my replaced bar end bolts since I never got around to adding loctite and I really don't want to deal with the hell that is red loctite ever again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loctite Blue 242
Use on metal fasteners 1/4' (6 mm) to 3/4' (19 mm) in diameter such as bolts on small engines, swing sets and furniture
Sounds like you got just the right stuff. Just be sure to torque it right, Threadloc is supposed to keep it from vibrating out, not hold it tight!
leed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 8th, 2012, 06:08 PM   #4
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
safetywire