Old February 21st, 2010, 03:44 AM   #1
jonthechron
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): magHitVE

Lightbulb Marketplace: Suggestion

Marketplace: Suggestion

To Alex and fellow merchants:

I would definitely like to see a section within the Marketplace where Ninjette members can built trust amongst the community, a place where sellers could leave, either positive or negative feedback on recent transactions they participated in, with other forum members.

I think this would be a good addition to the Marketplace an will definitely stimulate trading and selling amongst all forum members and at the same time help prevent online scams and fraud.

eBay members are used to a similar system, where they can leave feedback on every transaction they have received, with info on what they bought, how was the shipping time, quality pf the product an seller communication. I'm not saying we need such a system, but just a dedicated section where users can post about other users.

-Jon
jonthechron is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 21st, 2010, 01:38 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

I'm not too keen to add something formal like that at this point, IMO there just isn't enough commerce here yet to make it worthwhile. With something like ebay, there's enough volume that feedback is a bit more useful. If anyone does have a negative experience with a fellow board member or vendor, they can certainly post up their thoughts and experiences about the transaction. As we continue to grow I'll keep this in mind, and at some point perhaps it will make more sense to me.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 25th, 2010, 11:13 PM   #3
MKlein3004
Fighting Texas Aggie '08

Name: Mitchell

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r (Race), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R 636 (Track), 2005 Ducati Monster 620 (Street)

well even if it is just a subforum of how peoples transactions went down and what they have to say about the other person in the transaction. It doesn't have to be a system where you rate the person or anything like that. Just post up how the transaction went and the parties involved.
MKlein3004 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 27th, 2010, 08:17 AM   #4
rockNroll

Name: rock

Motorcycle(s): black

I belong to several forums where a "kudos" section is added into the marketplace. The idea is just a place where if Alex were to be the first to buy something from me he would start a thread with my screen name as the subject and then describe what he bought, how I shipped, link to the for sale thread, etc. If someone else were to buy from me after that, he/she would search the kudos section, locate my thread and then add to it.

Old March 1st, 2010, 09:11 PM   #5
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

OK, I may be warming up to this...

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old October 4th, 2010, 10:01 PM   #6
headshrink
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

Suggestion: Sellers feedback

I was just leaving feedback for a fellow member after a pleasant financial transaction. I don't know if this idea will fly, or what form exactly it would take, but here is my ADD idea. Rather than the typical reputation points that other boards have, what about reputation specifically for the marketplace section? Thinking as I type here... It might be distracting or confusing to list "points" under the avatar like most boards do, perhaps something that stays only in the marketplace, or only under each users personal info page. The simplest version of this might even just be a stickied post with sellers/buyers reps., although this wouldn't give a running tally or average, and would be a potential jumbled mess.

I did a little homework on the seller first before sending $$$$, but this might be a way to streamline the process a little..... just a thought.
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 23rd, 2011, 05:01 PM   #7
cerberusrex25
Accesories Guru

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): '99 EX250(Cafe/fighter project)

iTrader feedback

Been wondering why this forum does not have iTrader support, I have dealt with plenty of people here and they all have been great but in the end there is no way to leave a good review of the transaction. I already came into the whole "You seem like a good guy but, you are new, so i dunno about trusting you" argument on a couple of B/S/T threads, I think if the sellers/buyers had some kind of score people will be assured they can trust them and will be able to do more business or unload their parts faster.

Just a suggestion, let me know if this is a good idea, all the other forums I frequent that run on the same template have it. If the reason we don't have it is financial maybe we could all help.
cerberusrex25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 23rd, 2011, 05:11 PM   #8
Alex
ninjette.org dude

It's not a financial issue, but it is concerning to me that the iTrader developer no longer provides support for the mod, and there are numerous reports of database problems and forum problems with people using that mod.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=230543

To post up a new for sale thread here on ninjette.org, you need to already have 50 posts, and to have been here for 30 days. That greatly limits the amount of people who can offer things for sale, and generally by that point people have an idea about whether someone is likely to be on the level or misrepresenting themselves. I haven't seen a large need to make the feedback more formalized, but I'm not totally against it either if there is working, supported code that will survive over software version updates of the forum.

Old August 23rd, 2011, 06:09 PM   #9
cerberusrex25
Accesories Guru

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): '99 EX250(Cafe/fighter project)

Nice, glad to see the 50 post+ 30 days rule being enforced. My GI Joe forums used this tactic effectively. If the mod is no longer available, any other way to review/recommend a seller or buyer?
cerberusrex25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 23rd, 2011, 09:58 PM   #10
Alex
ninjette.org dude

There have been some positive feedback threads here, but they are few and far betweeen. The marketplace here has always been pretty casual, it doesn't have the volume to require being more regimented like a classifieds site. Maybe at some point that will be the case.

Old December 12th, 2012, 09:44 PM   #11
ryan.chin
ninjette.org sage

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 R6

Suggestion for Marketplace addition

@Alex, any chance we could add a 'buyer/seller' review area for the marketplace? I'm on a few other forums that have them, and I think it would be a great idea.

Let me know when you think.

Old December 12th, 2012, 10:11 PM   #12
Alex
ninjette.org dude

I'll think about it.

Old December 13th, 2012, 07:03 AM   #13
BlackNinja8
ninjette.org guru

Name: NJ

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R (Sold); 2012 Vulcan 900; 2009 Harley Iron 883; 2004 SV650s; and a bunch of others over the years...

Personally I prefer not having a rating system, kudos, or the like. I find them kind of cheesy and they lose their integrity after some time. And they make the site more visually cluttered. The beauty of this forum is that it is a small friendly community I don't want to cheese it up.

I also like that the market place is not over active. I've done 4 transactions on here and everytime it was quick and easy. Plus on here you can always look at a members history, posts, post count and decide if you want to work with them. Just my 2c
BlackNinja8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 13th, 2012, 07:07 AM   #14
ryan.chin
ninjette.org sage

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNinja8 View Post
Personally I prefer not having a rating system, kudos, or the like. I find them kind of cheesy and they lose their integrity after some time. And they make the site more visually cluttered. The beauty of this forum is that it is a small friendly community I don't want to cheese it up.

I also like that the market place is not over active. I've done 4 transactions on here and everytime it was quick and easy. Plus on here you can always look at a members history, posts, post count and decide if you want to work with them. Just my 2c
One additional area to post wouldn't clutter anything up. I think it would be super helpful. Ah well.

Old December 20th, 2012, 08:31 PM   #15
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Few people continue selling more than an item or two and if they have more, like when parting out a bike, everything you need to know about their past trading history should be right there in the thread.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote