Notices

Old January 12th, 2017, 11:37 PM   #41
algs26
ninjette.org guru

Name: al

Motorcycle(s): ex300, gave up looking for a 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu_Mishary View Post
Is there any ways NOT to remove the fairings??
You might be able to attach the straps to the underside of the seat. You just need to prevent front to rear movement. If you strap them together, left and right movement will only rotate the bag at most.

The fairings thing wasn't that bad. It's that had to take them apart over and over again because I did something wrong: seat wouldn't latch, missed some screws, etc. and I was getting hot.
algs26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 15th, 2017, 07:39 PM   #42
Abu_Mishary
The Asian Caucasian

Name: Abu Mishary Mohd Fairus

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250 SE 2015 (sold); Honda ADV160 (current)

MOTM - Jan '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by algs26 View Post
The fairings thing wasn't that bad. It's that had to take them apart over and over again because I did something wrong: seat wouldn't latch, missed some screws, etc. and I was getting hot.
Aahh... thank you.

Old January 4th, 2018, 01:05 PM   #43
astricklin
ninjette.org member

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250

I have a question about the Kriega bag system. Do you typically leave the bag on the bike, or remove it when you go inside? I see that there are the plastic buckles on the top of the bag that the straps connect to, and then there are the metal hooks on the end of those that connect it to the straps that go under the seat. It looks like it would be easiest to just disconnect the bag at the plastic clips, but then the straps would be left behind and could be swiped by someone since they are not securely attached. However, it looks like it would be more difficult to take the bag on/off each time using the metal part of the straps.

Old January 4th, 2018, 04:31 PM   #44
CaliGrrl
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
I most often leave the bag on the bike. If I take it off, I usually disconnect it at the metal hooks. You could disconnect both the clips and the hooks, and tuck the straps inside the bag. It's pretty easy to reconnect it.
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 26th, 2019, 09:43 PM   #45
Blue Dragon
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Romi

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300

HI, I'm new here but thought I'd chime in. I have a little mini tank bag that is magnetic, no straps required. It holds my iPhone, a baseball cap, a 12 oz. bottle of water, a couple of granola bars. Pretty handy, doesn't get in the way and easily removed for rest or fuel stops. About $25 on Amazon. I don't even notice it while I'm riding.
Blue Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 26th, 2019, 11:07 PM   #46
DannoXYZ

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Hi Romi and welcome!

Do you happen to have link to this magnetic bag? Thx
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 26th, 2019, 11:59 PM   #47
Blue Dragon
ninjette.org newbie

Hope this link works! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XRS7L9H..._bsJDCb7ZBK75N

Old February 27th, 2019, 12:29 AM   #48
Abu_Mishary
The Asian Caucasian

MOTM - Jan '17
Got myself this China made and brand tail bag named "Rough and Ride". Looks awesome when attached to the pillion seat. The bad thing is the zipper sucks. Malfunctioned when the tail bag is not even one year old. Bought it at $30USD.

Well, you pay peanut, you get peanut.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (9.5 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg new-arrival-rough-road-motorcycle-rear-seat.jpg (66.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg tail bag.jpg (7.5 KB, 107 views)

Old February 27th, 2019, 06:16 PM   #49
CaliGrrl

Hi, Romi, welcome from just down the coast!

Old February 27th, 2019, 07:38 PM   #50
Blue Dragon
ninjette.org newbie

Hey Kerry! My hubby and I just rolled by your town last weekend. We were on the train, not our bikes. Thanks for the welcome!

Old February 28th, 2019, 10:59 AM   #51
CaliGrrl

Nice! It's a great train ride down the coast.

Old March 1st, 2019, 01:10 PM   #52
DannoXYZ

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Hmm, I may go with big lock box. I'd like to stuff helmet, gloves, boots, and 1-piece textile suit into something that stays with bike. Don't want to carry all that stuff around.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 25th, 2021, 02:48 AM   #53
SophieWillow
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Sophie

Motorcycle(s): None

This is brilliant. Works so well for this kind of job.
SophieWillow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 25th, 2021, 02:33 PM   #54
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieWillow View Post
This is brilliant. Works so well for this kind of job.
Welcome to the board, Sophie!
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 26th, 2021, 06:39 PM   #55
CaliGrrl

Hi, Sophie! Welcome!

Old October 19th, 2022, 09:56 AM   #56
CaliGrrl

Just bought a magnetic tank bag from Cycle Gear and a couple of thigh bags. Gonna see what works. I've been taking the Kriega bag off the bike and in with me most of the time lately, so I'm trying a couple of options that seem even easier to pull. None are particularly large, the Kriega holds more, but we'll see.

Old October 19th, 2022, 03:21 PM   #57
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
I bought the "Dowco Rally Pack Value" luggage set for my EX500 in 2012. Saddlebags, tailbag, and magnetic tankbag for $130. I think I test-fit the three rear bags once, and haven't touched them since. But I use the tank bag almost every time I ride and need to carry something that won't fit in my pockets. https://smile.amazon.com/Dowco-50106.../dp/B000GU29ZS The top flap has a clear plastic map pouch on the outside and zippered net pouch on the inside. There's also a quick-connect keyring inside, and an attached rain cover. It does include straps if you'd rather mount it that way.

The magnets are enclosed inside the panels of the bag, so I've never had any issue with it harming the paint. Rarely, the two magnets in a side flap will stick to each other, folding the flap in half, and you kind of have to pull them apart. When it's not on the tank, the flaps fold underneath and stick to each other (leaving the bottom a nice little flat rectangle). It's not even that big a deal to temporarily take it off to refuel, obviously dependent on exactly what you have inside it at the moment. It fit a lot better on the large, flat top of the 500's tank, but I can still manage to make it work on the 400 too.

It will hold a ~10" round takeout dish or both halves of a Jersey Mike's giant sub (it's mostly been used for getting lunch lately). It will hold a few bottles of water, your phone, Kindle, wallet, etc. It might fit a small ultrabook, but it won't hold a regular laptop. I'm in IT so I constantly tote my laptop around, and use a Swissgear backpack specifically for that (whether or not the bike is involved). That's also big enough to toss a pair of shoes in, so I can change out of my riding boots after commuting on the bike.

I also bought a random thigh bag off eBay years ago. The thinking was that it was like a mini-backpack that would be a little more portable, and less in the way while riding. Similar to https://www.ebay.com/itm/403569776558. I'd say it's about fanny-pack size. You're not going to get a ton of stuff in there, but it's better than tiny/non-existent pockets, but still attached directly to you. It has the main pouch, a smaller zippered pouch on the outside, the keyring quick-connect, and the bungee cord on top. Once again, seemed like a good idea, but I never ended up actually using it.

Someone on the 400 forum posted about https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VW776KH/ as a seat-mounted tailbag. If you don't carry a passenger, this might be more convenient than a tankbag.
Quote:
It's not huge, but is large enough for small items or lunch or bottled water, and it is claimed to be WATERPROOF too.

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 10th, 2022, 08:18 AM   #58
TonyLambert
ninjette.org member

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): As of now, None but had bmw 100rr 2016 and the Vulcan 650s

Has anyone ever tried a sissy bar? I am looking to get one and I remember seeing a picture here with the sissy bar. It was a green Ninja in green color can not recall the exact model but I am sure I have seen it here.
TonyLambert is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 30th, 2022, 12:39 AM   #59
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

here's a pic of My cheap answer to the baggage delima....
it's a plastic box from harbor freight tools bolted to a rack that I bought off Amazon
although I haven't really loaded it up and gone for a hard ride on it yet I think it looks quite capable of doing the job....
....(sorry the picture is sideways Phitttt!)
Bob......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220824_110053.jpg (210.4 KB, 7 views)

Old December 1st, 2022, 12:43 PM   #60
CaliGrrl

I hope it works for you, Bob!

Old December 1st, 2022, 09:37 PM   #61
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

it works but man it's the 10th degree in UGLY ! maybe green paint will help but I doubt it.... it's so ugly it turns my stomach every time I look at it
I think I'll take it off and use the backpack strapped to it !
something like that might go well UNDER the bike though i wonder if it would fit? LOL
Bob......

Old December 5th, 2022, 11:25 AM   #62
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyLambert View Post
Has anyone ever tried a sissy bar? I am looking to get one and I remember seeing a picture here with the sissy bar. It was a green Ninja in green color can not recall the exact model but I am sure I have seen it here.
Hay Tony ! I've not seen a sissy bar on a sport bike in decades ! but your right a good strong sissy bar is a great item to have on a bike I ran several over the years ! with a sleeping bag strapped behind me to the sissy bar and bars bent back it was like a sofa ! LOL.... but not on my Ninja ! a sissy bar precludes you get off to the side not the back which means if you dump it there is a real good possibility you won't be able to get away from the bike ! and that is real bad !
at one time while traveling I took a army duffel bag filled it with my goodies and strapped it to the sissy bar and had everything with me possible !
so YES a sissy bar does work for giving you a place to strap things down to
but they do have a down side in that you cannot escape off the back of the bike if you need to.... although I can't think of a case where I needed to escape off the back of the bike like that.... but that is something to consider
.... my brother in law had a bent sissy bar on his little bike and it worked real good as a wheelie bar he needed a wheel on it though ! HAHAHAHA
it was bent at a 45 degree from the seat and it just so happened that was about the balance point from going all the way over on a wheelie HA !
Bob.....

Old January 30th, 2024, 02:45 PM   #63
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

that's weird, I got a notification that Sungacera posted here but I do NOT see the post...
Bob........

Old January 30th, 2024, 07:01 PM   #64
Abu_Mishary
The Asian Caucasian

MOTM - Jan '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob KellyIII View Post
that's weird, I got a notification that Sungacera posted here but I do NOT see the post...
Bob........
Yup. Same here.

Old January 30th, 2024, 08:00 PM   #65
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

maybe he deleted it ...who knows ! lol
anyone else have baggage ideas for motorcycles? how about trailers and how to hook them up to a bike ?

Old January 31st, 2024, 02:54 AM   #66
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

An AI bot is logging in and posting nonsense. It's not a real person. Not sure of all of the random bot's intentions, other than to learn forum format. For now it's doable, as its 3-4 a week. If it was 1000+ a day, would need to learn better ways to prevent the new bot accounts (without restricting real people being able to join). There's nothing to make me believe this is going to get any easier going forward.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old January 31st, 2024, 03:58 PM   #67
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

thank you for the info Alex ! hang in there, can't be an easy job now days !
i suppose forums like this would be the perfect place to learn how to carry on a conversations because the english is slopy and we are more interested in getting the idea accross than etiquette or following rules of the language...
an AI member could be a real boon here for figuring out mechanical issues... the problem is that not even the best AI would be able to figure out some symptoms as their not in books..... but experience ! yes it helps to be able to get a run down on how to trouble shoot a coil..... that is a huge help.... but knowing to look at the coil takes experience. AI will get there I am sure....it's just a matter if time...
but needless posts we do not need....it makes reading the forum really hard.
Bob....